westerners and asians lose hair differently

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am starting to think that westerners more than asians lose hair due to male pattern baldness..firstly it might be due to genetics, 2ndly its the diet..Asians have a diet rich in soy products, seafood and spices, herbs.....i can tell u defioentely there is a link to diet....Diet alone may not stop hair loss but it makes a difference on the rate someone is losing his hair due to male pattern baldness....

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have seen so many asian baldies in western countries. But when i was on a trip to malaysia and singapore..there were very less baldies.

Whats the deal? :eek:

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nexus81 said:
I have seen so many asian baldies in western countries. But when i was on a trip to malaysia and singapore..there were very less baldies.

exactly...this may prove that there is a link to diet..asian diet is different..there has been a urban legend in asia that eating fast food similar to western diet will cause one to lose hair....it might be true afterall

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
nexus81 said:

As soon as someone starts losing his/her hair, he/she is deported to the western world and banished for the rest of his/her life. :shock:

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very interesting post. I read posts talking of insulin having an impact on hairloss and this can be linked to pour diet and fast food.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, Asian food contain much soy - which should be a potential DHT-inhibitor.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are these posts conclusive? Maybe

oldschool13

Reaction score
Not to stereotype, but there is certainly a link between increased hair loss and ethnicity. This can probably be linked to diet to some degree. The Asians in "western" countries might be a little more prone to baldness, and this would only further show that diet has something to do with hair loss. Most Asians eat high soy and protein diets centered around pasta, rice, and seafood. When Asians come to the US and other "western" countries, their diets tend to change a little. The overall point that should be taken, is that we should attempt to eat more healthy high protein diets. At the very least it will help keep you in good shape, and it might help with your hair loss. I have recently added soy protein powder to my diet, along with a multi vitamin. I have also cut back on the fast food(maybe once a week at most). Not sure that it has any effects on my hairloss, but my body feels like it is in the best shape every(increased confidence), so it is certainly worth trying.

80sRevival

Reaction score
I'm asian and I'm balding!
I should have stayed in China.

Can we sue Mcdicks or Wendys for our hairloss?

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
People in India/Pakistan are even more hairy than east asians.

and for those who suffer male pattern baldness in those countries..there is cheap Finpecia(Finasteride), Duprost(Dutasteride) and Mintop(minoxidil)...way cheaper than Propecia, Avodart and Rogaine. :roll:

The Gardener

Reaction score
All of you have answered incorrectly.

The correct answer, for those of you who apparently don't know, is that all balding Asians are given monitary incentives to move to Norwood Island, which is in the Phillipines, just west of Cebu.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
neotokyo said:
But asians eat a lot of white rice(lunch + dinner)
Doesn't white rice have lots of insulin?

are u sure?

maybe they took lots of soy to counter the effect?

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
man i think thats a load of horseshit although i must say there are a hell lot of more bald caucasians than any other race ive seen

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
You ever think of this? If those of us here are able to keep our hair into our 50s and 60s then we will most certainly be the minority here in the USA as losing your hair is actually quite normal (just not at 18, 19, 20, etc. years old).
When I began thinking about it a few years ago, I actually noticed that there are SO many bald men past 40. So many.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chewbaca said:
I am starting to think that westerners more than asians lose hair due to male pattern baldness..firstly it might be due to genetics, 2ndly its the diet..Asians have a diet rich in soy products, seafood and spices, herbs.....i can tell u defioentely there is a link to diet....Diet alone may not stop hair loss but it makes a difference on the rate someone is losing his hair due to male pattern baldness....

bullshit. I know stacks of asian people that have never eaten a single soy bean in they're life. The reason I think male pattern baldness affects asians less is a lower amount of DHT and thus testosterone, notive asian people are less hairy? and statistically have smaller genitals?

drinkrum

Reaction score
gonna_win said:
chewbaca said:

bullshit. I know stacks of asian people that have never eaten a single soy bean in they're life. The reason I think male pattern baldness affects asians less is a lower amount of DHT and thus testosterone, notive asian people are less hairy? and statistically have smaller genitals?

I think you meant lower amount of T and thus lower DHT, not the other way around.

D.