Went to Doctor to get REAL Propecia.. Not 1.25 Ghetto finasteride.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
hairschmair said:
Not to hijack this thread but.. I'm going to have to do full bloodworks soon. I'm assuming it will include Testosterone measurements (and maybe estrogen?).

What would you guys suggest I do as far as taking finasteride. What I mean is should I find out what my 'natural' levels are by staying off finasteride for 2 weeks before the test? Or should I just keep taking it and see what the levels are while taking this potent drug?

Thoughts?

PS: peter, we can compare values when I get my results :lol:

I would get my blood checked before then a few months later to compare the results.

This would be the best way to see how it effects you.

drinkrum

Reaction score
tpeter,

You are quoted a level of "200" as in total estrogens. You need to test for estradiol, E2. The total estrogen assay is unreliable. E2 is what counts. And also test for DHT, free T, and total T. And write down what time the blood is drawn -- T changes diurnally (highest in the morning) whereas E2 does not.

D.

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you tried going to Wal-Mart?
I got my prescription filled there and it only comes out to around $53 Canadian a month.

You should go check it out.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
tpeter,

You are quoted a level of "200" as in total estrogens. You need to test for estradiol, E2. The total estrogen assay is unreliable. E2 is what counts. And also test for DHT, free T, and total T. And write down what time the blood is drawn -- T changes diurnally (highest in the morning) whereas E2 does not.

D.

well i wish i new this before i had my blood drawn. He probably will just have the total counts as did the last Doctor.

Well i guess if i am not happy with my results i can ask for these to be checked. This Doctor may not know what E2 is or Estradiol is since he had no clue of what Finasteride was.