Went To A Wedding Surrounded By Family And Old Friends - My Feelings.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
and also everyone with hair loss stresses the not knowing how unpredictable it will be.
For me the stories of men going from a NW2 to a NW6 in their 40's or 50's stresses me out on proving that you are never safe from going bald. Of course, I will never deny going from a NW1 to NW4 or above in your late teens and twenties is the worse case scenario. This happened to my dad but he never experienced bald shaming during my whole childhood and adulthood. He just experienced fat shaming and still does.

I know alot of these hair transplant doctors say they can predict your final Norwood level by 35 year old but I guess they are not always right. Dr Greco once told me if you wet your hair, you can see what your Norwood pattern will be in the next 5 years but I don't know if that means with or without taking finasteride.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if that means with or without taking finasteride.

I am guessing without...

I am going to try and add the topical finasteride to my regimen..I am hoping my dr will give it to me. I am not suddenly going to decide to breed at 45 lol. It is a little silly how they are so strict with finasteride for women. I am on topical spironolactone..its okay but would be good to use both if I can.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also when your hair is wet and you see ALOT of scalp in the mirror is when you know how bad it looks. Not only that but knowing you are also a bad candidate for hair transplantation makes matters worse.

That's so f*****g true. When I go to parties where guys my age are in the pool, I can always spot who had work done. It looks fake. I f*****g HATE people are fake.​

Now please excuse me, I have to go to the shower and dye my gray hair.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am guessing without...

I am going to try and add the topical finasteride to my regimen..I am hoping my dr will give it to me. I am not suddenly going to decide to breed at 45 lol. It is a little silly how they are so strict with finasteride for women. I am on topical spironolactone..its okay but would be good to use both if I can.
What is your level on the Ludwig scale?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am guessing without...

It's because we live in a country where the almighty dollar rules. Transplants costs around 10,000 dollars in the U.S. Life long generic medications, such as Finasteride and Minoxidil only give small profits.

You can see what doctor's want. High money, more time to invest/get interest. Low money, companies start laying people off.

Scientists KNOW that estrogen protects hair. Why they haven't made a topical estrogen in the U.S., is also because it WON'T work for every woman, and they won't make big profits. It's the damn truth.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am guessing without...

There TWO companies that are actually legitimate (I know I sound like a used car salesperson, but please bear with me).

One is the company that makes Promox (Regenere, I think), the other is medicalwellnesscenter.

Medical Wellness Center puts their doctor's name on the script. And the pharmacy owner, Susan Mernstein, is an expert in compounding medications. She can make almost anything, really. The issue is, she needs a doctors script to do it.

Promox is good, but I don't have as much experience with them.

I actually USE BOTH, believe it or not.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's because we live in a country where the almighty dollar rules. Transplants costs around 10,000 dollars in the U.S. Life long generic medications, such as Finasteride and Minoxidil only give small profits.

You can see what doctor's want. High money, more time to invest/get interest. Low money, companies start laying people off.

Scientists KNOW that estrogen protects hair. Why they haven't made a topical estrogen in the U.S., is also because it WON'T work for every woman, and they won't make big profits. It's the damn truth.

Some women do put estrogen cream for hair loss and they grow hair but my levels are all normal for several year. Period is still normal and clock work. I think I am just sensitive to DHT.

They wont give it because it causes birth defect--understandable..BUT I am not having kids..and many others are not and know they are not.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There TWO companies that are actually legitimate (I know I sound like a used car salesperson, but please bear with me).

One is the company that makes Promox (Regenere, I think), the other is medicalwellnesscenter.

Medical Wellness Center puts their doctor's name on the script. And the pharmacy owner, Susan Mernstein, is an expert in compounding medications. She can make almost anything, really. The issue is, she needs a doctors script to do it.

Promox is good, but I don't have as much experience with them.

I actually USE BOTH, believe it or not.

My dr has a male topical with finasteride for his patients so I am waiting to see what his answer is. He is pretty cool so he may go for it.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and also everyone with hair loss stresses the not knowing how unpredictable it will be.

Plus @buckthorn sheds like crazy which is a major mind f***..some people with balding dont shed much its a long slow process..seeing 100 hairs a day or more is a mind f***. You can never forget its happengiin.

Indeed. The reason hair loss destroyed me at the onset was not because of how it looked in the moment, but how I imagined it had the potential to look in the future.

Not to mention stylistic limitations. I look like a hideous beast with short hair, it doesn't suit me at all, but when you lose your density you're forced into a style that you can't stand to look at.

How do women keep long hair throughout CTE / diffuse thinning? I've seen lots of women who recently gave birth with thin, see-through hair where their density looks similar to mine, but it still flows and looks healthy enough to grow past chin-length. Which is really the only look that works for me, but when I grow it anywhere past like four inches, it starts to look like ratty trash.