Weird Stuff Happening On Left Temple And Bangs? Sign Of Balding?

Notanuther1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be 17 in less than a week. Can't figure out why left side of my hair won't cooperate anymore. Especially the left side. Because I know my temples are thinner. Left one worse. My crown looks bad.(Dad and Mom both have hair loss, Dad shaves head) I keep cancelling my derm appointment. Should I just go and get the diagnosis or wait???? Help.

Top pic is almost a year ago. Others more recent, about 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:

Eman25

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks like u losing ur baby hairs. IDK bro ur hairline is pretty high to begin with. i dont think ur balding but also dont see u having a full head of hair when ur 40 if ya know what i mean

Notanuther1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone who has been really thinning or balding and/or went bald early have any advice or opinion? Like @Retinoid ? A senior member.

Last edited:

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
The crown looks fine at this time. To accurately discern the hairline we would need to see it with the hair back (not pulled back stretching it as this would almost always look receded) and a little further away. Take a pic of the right temple, middle hair line, left temple.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline seems to be okay, the temples look to be slightly receding. Your crown looks fine to me. You can use Rogaine for now if you see a difference or just continue to monitor it. The problem is it is normal for white males as they get older to have their temples recede a bit, you need to be worried if they continue to go back and the hairline is getting thinner and there is balding on top.

Notanuther1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair seems finer. The temples are thinned out. I think Dr Rassman said it went beyond a "mature hairline"... I posted on his private site once. I guess I need to see a doctor in person?

@Retinoid thanks

Notanuther1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: @Retinoid . Was diagnosed yesterday with male pattern baldness. Doctor offered me propecia at 17 and said it had no side effects?? Not sure.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: @Retinoid . Was diagnosed yesterday with male pattern baldness. Doctor offered me propecia at 17 and said it had no side effects?? Not sure.
It definitely does have side effects, although they are quite rare.. especially the worse ones. General medical advice would be not to use it until you are at least 18. My advice though is do it now. If I knew about finasteride when I started balding I'd be popping that sh*t like candy at 14 lol.

Notanuther1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I am balding (started at least at 16) is there any point? I think it is pretty aggressive. I heard that the earlier you start balding the faster the hair goes.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I am balding (started at least at 16) is there any point? I think it is pretty aggressive. I heard that the earlier you start balding the faster the hair goes.
Thats not true. My hair loss was very slow even though it started really young. Eventually through trial and error with different treatments I'm finally seeing some regrowth at 21..

Notanuther1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow. Sorry. To be honest my mother is way more worried about it than I am. She noticed it first actually she said when I was 15. My family doctor told me I didn't have hair loss I guess to make me feel better, I guess I don't fully believe it. My uncle says propecia is poison and it will damage me if I take it. I am scared.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow. Sorry. To be honest my mother is way more worried about it than I am. She noticed it first actually she said when I was 15. My family doctor told me I didn't have hair loss I guess to make me feel better, I guess I don't fully believe it. My uncle says propecia is poison and it will damage me if I take it. I am scared.
If it were poison it wouldn't be FDA approved. Donald Trump uses it to keep his hair lol.

Notanuther1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, for someone my age...I am at a point where I don't even know if I will use anything...Just let nature take it's course. Maybe I will change my mind once it looks really crappy but by then ot will be too late.

abcdefg

Reaction score

Your 17? Propecia is not poison that is a wrong sensationalized characterization of an FDA approved drug, but I dont think its a wise decision at 17. It is a drug, and every drug can have unintended sides to certain people. Talk to a doctor but id wait until at least 21 or maybe a few more years.
Dont think of it as bad though. You have the most valuable thing there is on your side - time. In 5 years CB or other things will exist to treat male pattern baldness so you might not even need to ever worry about risking propecia. I would wait it out and let nature run its course until something safer releases. male pattern baldness is only a big worry today because nothing good exists for it.

Eman25

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your 17? Propecia is not poison that is a wrong sensationalized characterization of an FDA approved drug, but I dont think its a wise decision at 17. It is a drug, and every drug can have unintended sides to certain people. Talk to a doctor but id wait until at least 21 or maybe a few more years.
Dont think of it as bad though. You have the most valuable thing there is on your side - time. In 5 years CB or other things will exist to treat male pattern baldness so you might not even need to ever worry about risking propecia. I would wait it out and let nature run its course until something safer releases. male pattern baldness is only a big worry today because nothing good exists for it.
Umm in 5 years there will be a cure. Please god I hope ur right. I’m 18 and balding lol. Funny world

Notanuther1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@abcdefg the derm I saw said no sides (bs) but first time I had ever seen him don't really know his reputation. But in 5 years I won't have enough hair to worry about most likely. I have seen guys go bald before the end of high school. I am in second semester of 11th grade. It just sucks because it happened way too early. My mother is in tears and keeps telling me she is sorry for making me go to the doctor. I think she will be ashamed to be the mom with the bald son at graduation or whatever...She isn't meaning to make me feel bad but I think she is more upset than I am. She feels guilty for passing crappy genes down. My Dad blames her for it and he is mostly bald at 51 and shaves his head!
What is CB by the way??