WEIGHT TRAINING SUPPLEMENTS and hair loss

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, 10 year necro. Nice.

And yeah I'm pretty sure Creatine increased DHT and is definitely bad for hair.

Reaction score
Whey Protein powder should have no effect on someone's testosterone and dht levels as it contains just some sugar,calories,carbs and high amount of protein.There are some rumours claiming that supplemet companies add anabolics to the protein powders.But that's just a rumour and has no proof.

sawpalmetto

Reaction score
I personally use a Hemp based Vegan protein that has more nutrients and protein than a WHEY isolate shake. It is much easier to drink and doesn't give me bloating or the ****s afterwards.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experimented with their creatine dosage? Even a 500g beef steak contains about 2.25g creatine and to be honest I actually find myself eating half a kilogram or more of beef, pork or fish on some days (especially if I go to a sushi bar, cook sausage links with breakfast or cook steak at home).

I know it says most of the creatine is lost via cooking but most of the fish I eat is raw since it's sushi or sashimi plus I like my steaks blue rare (1 minute each side, literally raw on the inside and lightly seared on the outside, totally fine in terms of food safety as the E. coli is only present on the surface of beef, the inside is virtually sterile). Also there is no mention if cured meats still contain their raw levels of creatine or not, I'm sure most of you enjoy deli meats as I do. Surely there must be a threshold dose, no?

Reference: http://www.creapure.com/en/creapure-every-day/why-does-creapure-work/which-foods-contains-creatine

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is whey protein concentrate not suppose to be better for hair, than isolate?

shookwun

Reaction score
just eat more food. Almost all bodybuilding supplements are bull****.

All you need is a decent whey isolate preferably.

Invest your money in lots of chicken, eggs, beef, and tuna.

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
Oatmeal eggs chicken breast fish meat rice on Daily bases, do not use creatin IF you have male pattern baldness IT Will Make you hair faster IT incersse dht.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan to go on creatine soon, as well as finasteride, with the combination my DHT should still drop significantly, and in any case the link between creatine and DHT is not convincingly demonstrated.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
is IT worth to gamble ?

Everything is a gamble in the absence of convincing data.

What is convincing about creatine is that it helps with body composition, significantly less. It may also help with memory.

Further, even the one study linking creatine and DHT shows creatine to be much weaker than finasteride. Creatine increases DHT by 40%, supposedly. Finasteride decreases DHT by 70%. So with the two of them you expect a drop of 58% in DHT, which is a lot. In fact it may still be 70%, so 58-70%, given that the effect of finasteride is saturated and dose-independent, whereas that of creatine is dose-dependent.

Reactions: br1

davidpaul

Reaction score
try to use good quality protein product and avoid the over using the portein. The energy booster like protein milk shake is not affects your hair growth. It not cause any hair fall effects,./..:jump:

legacy87

Reaction score
creatine in high dose could boost hair loss
but normal proteins intake does not affect this
be careful with pre workout booster, there a lot of stuff in this that would speed up also your hair loss
most extreme supplements for muscle growth could affect your hair loss also , depending on what stuff they contain and what dose