Weight Management

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Hey Harie thanks for the help.

Question: Say I'm eating 650 calories a day. Is it healthy to continue taking my ECA(25 mg of ephedrine 3 times a day, 200 mg of caffeine 3 times a day, and 3 aspirin a day) along with this?

I also plan to do 45 minutes of fasted cardio 3 days a week and weights 3 days a weke.

If you're willing to eat 650 calories per day, why are you asking if taking ECA is healthy? :) The only thing I can say is try it out and see what reactions you have. If you tolerate it now, I can't see why reduced calories would have any impact on your ability to take it.

Fasted cardio is hard core! I don't see how anyone would last more than a week or 2 on that diet, but if you can make it for 7 weeks then more power to you.

In the future though, gradual weight loss is the key here. :D

G

Harie said:
JayMan said:
Hey Harie thanks for the help.

Question: Say I'm eating 650 calories a day. Is it healthy to continue taking my ECA(25 mg of ephedrine 3 times a day, 200 mg of caffeine 3 times a day, and 3 aspirin a day) along with this?

I also plan to do 45 minutes of fasted cardio 3 days a week and weights 3 days a weke.

If you're willing to eat 650 calories per day, why are you asking if taking ECA is healthy? :) The only thing I can say is try it out and see what reactions you have. If you tolerate it now, I can't see why reduced calories would have any impact on your ability to take it.

Fasted cardio is hard core! I don't see how anyone would last more than a week or 2 on that diet, but if you can make it for 7 weeks then more power to you.

In the future though, gradual weight loss is the key here. :D

gotcha. how much muscle am i gonna lose? like when i did that40 poundloss in 2 months 3 years ago, i barely lost any. i feel like since i'm a ecto-mesomorph that i shouldn't lose much, but what do u think? im gonna try to have at least one protein shake a day, and two on weight days.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No idea how much muscle you'll lose. With any calorie restricted diet, you'll lose muscle though.

Since you did it before and didn't lose a lot of muscle you will probably have the same results as last time.

How do you know that you didn't lose a lot of muscle last time you did it? Did you calculate LBM before and after the crash diet? If not, you should do that this time, I think you'll be surprised at how much muscle you're really losing.

G

Harie said:
No idea how much muscle you'll lose. With any calorie restricted diet, you'll lose muscle though.

Since you did it before and didn't lose a lot of muscle you will probably have the same results as last time.

How do you know that you didn't lose a lot of muscle last time you did it? Did you calculate LBM before and after the crash diet? If not, you should do that this time, I think you'll be surprised at how much muscle you're really losing.

Well I didn't really have any lose skin and I could still lift a fair amount of weight.

Question though. Once I'm say 145-150 pounds, and have gotten down there, how will I get a six pack? I won't have to bulk and cut will I? I can just keep cutting till I see it?

Thanks.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Calorie restriction diet will do very little for cutting.

It will predominantly eat your muscle and make you a smaller person physically.

It sounds like what you really want is to lower your bodyfat. To do this you need to eat low glycemic carbohydrates and do plenty of cardio (altho, this will also lower your muscle if you dont also do some strength work).

jayfro

Reaction score
I recall reading something on the effects of starvation. When doctors examined prisoners at concentration camps at the end of WWII, they were surprised to see that most of the mass that they lost was muscle, and that they still had fat on them. Severe caloric restriction causes the body to cannibalize muscle very readily. If you lose 30 lbs, some of it will inevitably be muscle, as people here have said. You will be thinner, but I doubt you will be ripped at the end of your diet.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Well I didn't really have any lose skin and I could still lift a fair amount of weight.

Question though. Once I'm say 145-150 pounds, and have gotten down there, how will I get a six pack? I won't have to bulk and cut will I? I can just keep cutting till I see it?

Thanks.

DLMI has it right with the cardio part. You'll have to do cardio & lift weights to get a 6-pack. If you limit the calories you eat every day (not crash diets) you can cut fat without losing much muscle at all.

My fav form of cardio to not burn a lot of muscle is do cardio like a sprinter would. You've never seen a non-ripped, fat sprinter, have you? If it were me, I'd limit my cardio sessions to 20 minutes or less. High intensity is what I do when I do cardio.

G

Harie said:
JayMan said:

Thanks.

DLMI has it right with the cardio part. You'll have to do cardio & lift weights to get a 6-pack. If you limit the calories you eat every day (not crash diets) you can cut fat without losing much muscle at all.

My fav form of cardio to not burn a lot of muscle is do cardio like a sprinter would. You've never seen a non-ripped, fat sprinter, have you? If it were me, I'd limit my cardio sessions to 20 minutes or less. High intensity is what I do when I do cardio.

harie, i hear what you're saying, but say that i'm 145 pounds then and have lost a lot of my muscle. you don't need to have a lot of muscle to have a six pack right? i can keep continuing to add in fat and add more gym and cardio to get it right?

G

Day 5 of my 650 calorie a day diet. I am continuing to take 25 mg of ephedrine 3 times a day(9 am, 2 pm, and 8 pm). I have lost 8 pounds. I imagine about 5 of those pounds are water weight.

I'm going to keep on chugging on. The ephedrine is really suppressing my appetite and making it a lot easier to not eat as much as my body needs.

145 pounds, here i come.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you are lots of fun to be around right now... :)

I'm 6 foot, 210 lbs, and could lose 20 lbs... what to do what to do.

G

Klink, I know that people think that people on a diet like mine will be moody, but it's not the case at all. The ephedrine increases my heart rate(and blood pressure maybe) and gives me a ton of energy and a great attitude.

The only question is, it safe to do this for 60 days?