Weight Management

Relient2

Reaction score
I used to play football and since high school I have gone from about 145 to about 180 in under 2 years going from about 5% body fat to almost 26% now meh. Is there anything that links rapid weight gain to hair loss?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no, but there is a strong correlation between becomming an adult and weight gain.

your body stops growing up and just fills out and gets hairier.

you need to include regular excercise in your routine, 3 times a week maybe. it's good for your body, good for your mind, good for your hair.

Relient2

Reaction score
have any of you guys ever tried hydroxycut hardcore? Think it works if you follow instructions?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tried it

yes it works

but it's crap. your heart rate will be through the roof all the time, you'll often be jittery and sometimes anxious. it also makes it very hard to get good sleep.

docj077

Reaction score
Atkins Diet FTW.

A fellow student of mine lost 90 lbs. and one of my professors lost 50 lbs.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes atkins is a good diet, if you only care about losing weight and not being healthy.

no carbohydrates? give me a break. you just need to eat the right ones. you are what you eat, so stop eating sh*t food. alot of the food you THINK is good is NOT good at all.

everyone should eat and excercise properly.

Relient2

Reaction score
I have to get down to 163 before sat of next week which is about 13 lbs in 7 days what do you guys think is the best way to do this? I dont care if its unhealthy or if its just water weight I would just rather compete at that level. In hs I lost 23 lbs in 7 days but it is a lot easier when you have a 3 hour practice 6 days a week lol.

CCS

Reaction score
docj077 said:
Atkins Diet FTW.

A fellow student of mine lost 90 lbs. and one of my professors lost 50 lbs.

yeah, pounds of what though? Probably muscle and fat. I'll bet they looked just as toned before and after, but just smaller.

CCS

Reaction score
Relient2 said:
I have to get down to 163 before sat of next week which is about 13 lbs in 7 days what do you guys think is the best way to do this? I dont care if its unhealthy or if its just water weight I would just rather compete at that level. In hs I lost 23 lbs in 7 days but it is a lot easier when you have a 3 hour practice 6 days a week lol.

I lost that much before, but I was working hard labor a lot of hours, eating every two hours, and drinking a lot of water.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Relient2 said:
I have to get down to 163 before sat of next week which is about 13 lbs in 7 days what do you guys think is the best way to do this?

Why did you wait till the last minute to lose 13lbs? I'm assuming you meant Saturday, as in 5 days from now? Or do you mean Saturday, as in, 12 days from now?

VERY UNHEALTHY DIET BELOW!

Either way, the only way you're going to lose that much weight that quickly is to eat only tuna. Your goal is 6 to 7 calories per lb of body weight.

1 can of tuna is roughly 170 calories or so depending on brand. How much you eat depends on your daily caloric intake requirements. Remember 7 calories per lb of body weight. Eat 6x/day. You can also eat lettuce and celery if you want.

You should also pick up some fish oil capsules, Metamucil & some form of thermogenic too (you can also use Nicotine gum in additoin to the thermogenic, if you have the $$). I'd double up on the Metamucil because you will be eating very minimal fiber on this diet.

You will need to do cardio multiple times per week. After your cardio sessions, you can use a whey protein drink mixed with water (be sure to adjust your caloric intake to adjust for the whey protein).

Since you weigh 180lbs, your caloric intake needs to be between 1,100 & 1260 calories per day. Adjust your tuna, whey, fish oil & thermogenic intake accordingly.

NOTE: Once you come off this diet, you'll gain weight like crazy since your carb stores will be gone...Plus you'll have lost a lot of muscle too. You will always be tired and have no energy. But you'll lose a ton of weight quickly.

When you come off this diet, you will need to bring your calories up slowly in order to not blow up like a baloon. Plan on adjusting your caloric intake by 200 - 300 calories per day till you get back to a normal meal size.

Preferably the above diet is used in combination with a cutting steroid cycle. But I'm not going to advocate that unless you're already a juicer...Since you're asking this question, you're obviously not.

G

Harie, I wanna lose some weight fast too. I am about 180 pounds and I want to lose 30 pounds between now and mid-May. I've got about 7 weeks.

Three summers ago, I went from 185 pounds to 145 pounds with no exercise, just by eating 650 calories a day. It only took me 8 weeks! First week of May till first week of July, believe it or not! So I lost 5 pounds a week. I didn't folllow your gradual increased calorie after that happened though, so I blew up like a balloon. I think my metabolism is still pretty solid.

Do you think I can do this like 750 calories a day again and then once I'm at my goal weight, gradually increase it every day afterward, like 850, 950, etc?

What do you think? I think that if I do the 700 calories a day or whatever that I could probably lose 35-40 in the next 7 weeks.

Thanks.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Do you think I can do this like 750 calories a day again and then once I'm at my goal weight, gradually increase it every day afterward, like 850, 950, etc?

What do you think? I think that if I do the 700 calories a day or whatever that I could probably lose 35-40 in the next 7 weeks.

600 calories per day is nearly starvation...And I thought what I posted before was extreme.

But since you brought it up, as long as you're on a calorie restricted diet, plus you don't eat many carbs, you can shed the lbs very quickly. Combine that with fiber, thermogenics, cardio & weight lifting and you're a weight loss machine.

I still wouldn't go below 1,000 calories per day to keep some of your metabolism. To boost the weight loss, I'd do cardio, and DEFINITELY lift weights to try to keep some of your muscle mass. If you did cardio 3x/week and lifted 3x/week, you should still be able to lose a lot of weight quickly even with eating 1000 calories compared to 700.

If after a week, you feel that 1000 calories is too much to accomplish your goals, then lower the amt of food you're eating by 100 - 200 calories/day.

And gradually increasing calories after you're done with the diet is definitely the way to go. As long as you stay active and don't start eating like crazy right away, you should be better off than last time. :)

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Harie, I wanna lose some weight fast too. I am about 180 pounds and I want to lose 30 pounds between now and mid-May. I've got about 7 weeks.

Three summers ago, I went from 185 pounds to 145 pounds with no exercise, just by eating 650 calories a day. It only took me 8 weeks! First week of May till first week of July, believe it or not! So I lost 5 pounds a week. I didn't folllow your gradual increased calorie after that happened though, so I blew up like a balloon. I think my metabolism is still pretty solid.

Thanks.

Thats not by any chance when ur hairloss started is it?

Anyway, don't do the low calorie thing. It can cause telogen effluvium as well as a massive surge in DHT.

I'll find you a link.

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanheral ... 051020.asp

You'd be much better changing what foods you eat and increasing your cardio so as to alter your bodyfat %.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:

Anyway, don't do the low calorie thing. It can cause telogen effluvium as well as a massive surge in DHT.

I'll find you a link.

You'd be much better changing what foods you eat and increasing your cardio so as to alter your bodyfat %.

Then why are homeless people usually not bald? I'm sure they don't eat much on any given day...Or how about the Jews in the concentration camps. Many, many pictures of absolute starvation and still full heads of hair...Or the people starving in Ethopia/Africa etc. Again, baldness was not the case in most of them.

And that link never says DHT. It says lack of nutrition causes your body to take nutrients from your hair. If anything, starvation causes your body to eat your muscles and fat stores...Which is what they were designed for.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Harie said:
Then why are homeless people usually not bald?.I'm sure they don't eat much on any given day...Or how about the Jews in the concentration camps.

Many, many pictures of absolute starvation and still full heads of hair...Or the people starving in Ethopia/Africa etc. Again, baldness was not the case in most of them.

And that link never says DHT. It says lack of nutrition causes your body to take nutrients from your hair. If anything, starvation causes your body to eat your muscles and fat stores...Which is what they were designed for.

Trust me. I 've researched this issue to the fullest. When your body receives a shock like that its reaction is to send your androgens sky high and specifically DHT. Couple that with the body trying to conserve energy and nutrients by shifting hair into telogen phase and you have a recipe for hairloss diaster.

Remember you have to have the genes for hairloss to go completely bald.

However EVERYONE can get telogen efflvium where the hair grows back however it doesn't always grow back in genetically susceptible people.

TO Jayman, if you have 7 weeks you can really change shape by doing intense physical exercise daily.

G

DammitLetMeIn said:
JayMan said:

Thanks.

I'll find you a link.

actuially, i think it did start then.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:

D-a-m-n, I wasn't expecting that reply...

yeah, losing weight rapidly and starvation diets can really mess up yur metabolism and hormonal system.

How much hair were you losing roughly?

G

DammitLetMeIn said:
JayMan said:

D-a-m-n, I wasn't expecting that reply...

yeah, losing weight rapidly and starvation diets can really mess up yur metabolism and hormonal system.

How much hair were you losing roughly?

i starrted losing hair then and i've lost about 10% of it since then, i've regrown maybe 3% of that 10%. I am an NW1 or NW1.5 with diffusion behind the hairline to an NW4 pattern.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah malnutrition will definately cause hair loss. 1000 calories is still low. you wouldn't look very healthy, just skinny. it will definately start decreasing your muscle mass.

G

Hey Harie thanks for the help.

Question: Say I'm eating 650 calories a day. Is it healthy to continue taking my ECA(25 mg of ephedrine 3 times a day, 200 mg of caffeine 3 times a day, and 3 aspirin a day) along with this?

I also plan to do 45 minutes of fasted cardio 3 days a week and weights 3 days a weke.