wearing the right facial hair style for ones personality

seb

Reaction score
Now without contuinually sounding like a boring bast**d, I believe a big reason why I get slated for the goatee is because of my demeanour. Obviously a goatee(certainly with a bald head) increases ones visual tone, harshening ones face. Topped off with me being big, its perhaps the main reason why the insults occur. Ok, whats the option(s)?, be clean-shaven, well thats not going too work. Ignore people, well obviously thats not working. Adopt a different style, one more befitting to social protocol ie "designer stubble". Again, as mentioned dont think it works well on fair-haired people.
The only other viable option is too force smile, adhere to the norm of asking people how theyre day is/has been, and mentioning the weather......just aint me. Any other options out there?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
you say you only have one friend and he's a pensioner - your best solution to your problems is to gain a group of friends who like you for who you are and don't care if you're bald, or wear a beard, or look and act a bit weird. I am always so much more confident in life during the times when I have real friends, and my self-esteem increases by so much.

Believe me, I know it isn't easy to make friends when you're shy, isolated and depressed - but it's far better advice than what type of facial hair you should sport, as if that is going to change anything.

you're trapped in a vicious circle: you don't have friends because you have no confidence, but you have no confidence because you don't have friends

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think he's just been surrounded by awful people. I found some of my best friends at church. Now that's not saying everyone at church is nice and positive, far from it. It's just another place to mingle and meet people. Another thing I used to do was community theater. No matter how shy you are you end up networking and meeting some fun people. Theater people tend to be odd too so I didn't incur much judgement.

seb

Reaction score
you say you only have one friend and he's a pensioner - your best solution to your problems is to gain a group of friends who like you for who you are and don't care if you're bald, or wear a beard, or look and act a bit weird. I am always so much more confident in life during the times when I have real friends, and my self-esteem increases by so much.

Believe me, I know it isn't easy to make friends when you're shy, isolated and depressed - but it's far better advice than what type of facial hair you should sport, as if that is going to change anything.

you're trapped in a vicious circle: you don't have friends because you have no confidence, but you have no confidence because you don't have friends

Yes, you are right in what you are saying. However, over the years the people who I have offered the hand of friendship to have rejected it,. whilst the idiots who I have nothing in common with, I end up going out(this "friendship" never lasts). Now, obviously my demeanour, mannerisms, etc are a factor, but I still insist that my overall facial features are the main reason why I attract the social misfits.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's just been surrounded by awful people. I found some of my best friends at church. Now that's not saying everyone at church is nice and positive, far from it. It's just another place to mingle and meet people. Another thing I used to do was community theater. No matter how shy you are you end up networking and meeting some fun people. Theater people tend to be odd too so I didn't incur much judgement.

Yes I haveurrounded myself with awful. Thats what happens when you underachieve and dont make something of youre life. One ends up doing facotry jobs are you have too deal with deadheads who have no ambition, and chace their dreams down the end of a pint glass. Dont forget I am working class scum, growing up in a hellhole. Working class people arent supposed to have goals and aims.....

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I didn't know you were from the working class (what we call blue collar) society. In that case yes people will constantly mess with you. I think your troubles make more sense to me now.

seb

Reaction score
I didn't know you were from the working class (what we call blue collar) society. In that case yes people will constantly mess with you. I think your troubles make more sense to me now.

Yes, usually uneducated(or limited) neanderthals. Only yesterday was walking past(on the opposite side) a rough pub. Two middle-aged men standing outside, one of them shouted, "how you doing skin". These insects believe I am same as them ie racist, ignorant, meaningless tad-poles, all because I am big, wear a goatee, and choose too shave my head instead of a horseshoe.