Weak Orgasm On Finasteride Please Help.

racisturk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm on finasteride 1mg/day for 2 months and my orgasm not satisfying anymore. Does it expected side-effects or anything going bad ? Any advice ?

gym4me

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just stop it man ! I used minoxidil for only 1 week and got low libido and ED.

realone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm on finasteride 1mg/day for 2 months and my orgasm not satisfying anymore. Does it expected side-effects or anything going bad ? Any advice ?

Keep it up! Side effects were shown to go away with continued treatment in clinical trials. Maybe slow down a little on sex/masturbation for a week and then try again and see what happens with your big O.

Not to doubt your experience, but could it have been because of other factors? Minoxidil doesn't affect hormone levels, it only increases blood flow to the area it's applied in, allowing nutrients to better reach hair follicles and stimulate growth. It's not a DHT inhibitor.

gym4me

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil block and slow down the Androgenic receptors and after this your sex drivers are not working very well.
The body need months to recover the receptors.

realone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil block and slow down the Androgenic receptors and after this your sex drivers are not working very well.
The body need months to recover the receptors.

I don't know man, I just looked again I haven't found any evidence that minoxidil blocks any DHT. If you can find some source that says minoxidil blocks DHT I will reconsider.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know man, I just looked again I haven't found any evidence that minoxidil blocks any DHT. If you can find some source that says minoxidil blocks DHT I will reconsider.
Yeah, I don't think he's right about that. But Minoxidil isn't always safe. I used a variant(maybe the concentration was too high, maybe the variant was bad, I don't know)for my beard, and within a week I had the worst heart palpitations in my life and shortness of breath like I was going to faint. Keep in mind my resting heart rate is between 40-50 because I am active runner and was playing collegiate sports at the time as well, so I didn't have any underlying heart problems.

Ended up going to the hospital and they told me my potassium levels were very low(despite eating bananas and potatoes that day). Basically minoxidil makes you retain sodium longer than normal, but also leaches all your potassium out because it's a "potassium channel opener".

Long term studies of people who use rogaine prove that their hearts on average were functioning worse than people who were non-users. So I dropped it, but yes it has nothing to do with DHT and because of my experience I consider finasteride a lot safer than minoxidil.

racisturk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep it up! Side effects were shown to go away with continued treatment in clinical trials. Maybe slow down a little on sex/masturbation for a week and then try again and see what happens with your big O.

Not to doubt your experience, but could it have been because of other factors? Minoxidil doesn't affect hormone levels, it only increases blood flow to the area it's applied in, allowing nutrients to better reach hair follicles and stimulate growth. It's not a DHT inhibitor.
Thank you sir. I'll update a week later.

el_duterino

Reaction score
weaker orgasms is the only side effect i noticed back when i started finasteride many years ago..

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride together with minoxidil is dangerous... it's like taking a speedball (heroin + cocaine). You will die, just like the rest of us did.

Last edited: