wbeast's story - (23m just starting out - pics)

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
JayMan said:
http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/08/03/a ... aser-comb/

I'm gonna keep posting that link every time Person advises that someone use the lasercomb.

lol....the Michael Barry technique...

Rassman said:
I believe that HairMax’s photos do not show any objective evidence of hair growth on the first two sets of data and that the numbers that they derived do not correspond to the assessments made by us. Lots of good hype if you’re into it.

G

person said:
I mean how do you explain Timi's hair loss? He recently posted pictures and maintained with finasteride for years, he goes on dutasteride and loses it all; this may suggest that T can be just a strong a aggrovator than DHT.
To the original poster - I agree with everyone that the Big 3 is the most sensible way to go, but if you can also combat your hairloss through infra-red waves why not? Those who are serious shoudl fight internally, externally and transternally lol.

How do I explain Timi's hair loss? First of all, let me say that SCALP testosterone total is irrelevant, just like SCALP DHT reduction % is irrelevant. What is important are non-scalp percentages. 0.5 mg of dutasteride a day raised testosterone levels either 22% or 27% , can't remember. But Rittmaster who did a study said that it was within a normal testosterone range so that would not explain Timi's reaction.

Timi's reaction is not an indictment of dutasteride or proof by any means that testosterons is stronger than DHT. It's not even close to as strong. Look at the pseudohermaphrodites in the Dominican Republic who have a 5ar deficiency and slightly higher levels of testosterone(but normal range basically), and never go bald. Their penises also don't develop fully and they don't really get facial hair, but that's besides the point. THEY. DO. NOT. GO. BALD. That's the point I'm getting at. Without DHT to kick it off, you don't have male pattern baldness progression.

I have three theories I will propose about Timi's situation. The first one is that his dutasteride is FAKE. The second one is that he had an uncommon, weird adverse reaction to dutasteride that I cannot explain. The third one is a michael barry theory that some people just have such strong cueball genes and maybe timi's happened to kick in after he started dutasteride and has nothing to do with dutasteride at all.

But you have proved nothing.

And as for your laser comb stuff, please read the link I posted. Rassman holds the patent on the technology that HairMax(Laser comb manufacturer) used to measure hair counts. he knows way more about it than they do and if Rassman really thought the laser comb was useful, he would be supporting it. He supports Propecia and minoxidil use, both of which certainly reduce his number of prospective transplant patients. But he is ethical. And if he says that the laser comb isbullshit, knowing as he does about the hair count measurement technology, it's BULLSHIT.

bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. that's the story.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do the Big three for at least a yr to 18 months and see how it goes. It's a very simple, just stick to it and dont look back and think every new gagetry is the next answer. The big three are proven and the best defense at this point. Best of luck and stay positive. ;)

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
and weren't you banned, person? how are you back?

Rassman or whatever his name is also states that HM will be at least ten years away because he wants more custom from patients. If you are using the argument of one doctor i could give you ten who encourage the lasercomb after they have given their patient a hair transplant. I am not trying to prove anything about Timi's story and I am not trying to prove that the laser actually works I am just stating you don't know for sure if the laser works because even the top people in the country do not fully understand the laser's mechanism - you don't know it all - just like you admitted that you may not know the reason for Timi's hair loss.
I was banned temporarily because funny enough I was quoting you Jayman about calling JonA a horseshoe because he kept posting side-effect questions not in the side-effects section. I told Cassin that I was quoting you and it was surprising that you haven't got a ban; needless to say I was unbanned immediately.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wbeast .... that pretty much exactly how mine started but when i was like 21.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
JayMan said:
person said:
I mean how do you explain Timi's hair loss? He recently posted pictures and maintained with finasteride for years, he goes on dutasteride and loses it all; this may suggest that T can be just a strong a aggrovator than DHT.
To the original poster - I agree with everyone that the Big 3 is the most sensible way to go, but if you can also combat your hairloss through infra-red waves why not? Those who are serious shoudl fight internally, externally and transternally lol.

How do I explain Timi's hair loss? First of all, let me say that SCALP testosterone total is irrelevant, just like SCALP DHT reduction % is irrelevant. What is important are non-scalp percentages. 0.5 mg of dutasteride a day raised testosterone levels either 22% or 27% , can't remember. But Rittmaster who did a study said that it was within a normal testosterone range so that would not explain Timi's reaction.

Timi's reaction is not an indictment of dutasteride or proof by any means that testosterons is stronger than DHT. It's not even close to as strong. Look at the pseudohermaphrodites in the Dominican Republic who have a 5ar deficiency and slightly higher levels of testosterone(but normal range basically), and never go bald. Their penises also don't develop fully and they don't really get facial hair, but that's besides the point. THEY. DO. NOT. GO. BALD. That's the point I'm getting at. Without DHT to kick it off, you don't have male pattern baldness progression.

I have three theories I will propose about Timi's situation. The first one is that his dutasteride is FAKE. The second one is that he had an uncommon, weird adverse reaction to dutasteride that I cannot explain. The third one is a michael barry theory that some people just have such strong cueball genes and maybe timi's happened to kick in after he started dutasteride and has nothing to do with dutasteride at all.

But you have proved nothing.

And as for your laser comb stuff, please read the link I posted. Rassman holds the patent on the technology that HairMax(Laser comb manufacturer) used to measure hair counts. he knows way more about it than they do and if Rassman really thought the laser comb was useful, he would be supporting it. He supports Propecia and minoxidil use, both of which certainly reduce his number of prospective transplant patients. But he is ethical. And if he says that the laser comb isbullshit, knowing as he does about the hair count measurement technology, it's BULLSHIT.

bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. that's the story.

Jayman, I agree with you DHT is the MAIN course of male pattern baldness, but we cannot elimiate other possibilities.

I was reading a rather interesting article where it says Demodex is actually responsible for some hairloss cases.