Wayne Rooney Should've Got A Hair Systyme

baldkarma79

Reaction score
This is why hair transplants aren't for everyone
1e.png

Noah

Reaction score
Yeah, shame for the guy. All that money spent and his personal business all over the tabloids, and really nothing to show for it but a big scar.

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
Guess Wayne can't handle the stigma and embarrassment that comes with having a wig glued to your head.

Not surprising...

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how much body hair and scalp donor he has? With his money, he could easily see a master like Dr Woods and improve it.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Poor bastard. Status and money sometimes are just not enough against genetics...

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much body hair and scalp donor he has? With his money, he could easily see a master like Dr Woods and improve it.
Dr Woods may have invented FUE but his transplant results are sh*t! Unless you tranplant more than 65 to 70 grafts preferably more than 75 in the hairline the results look even more unatural and thats provided you have enough hair behind it to back it up.

I agree I feel sorry for Rooney, I think he is a really great guy unlike that toss Christian Ronaldo. This is why we need better treatments then hair transplants.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you see this is why I am not to thrilled about hair transplants. If I am going to pay thousands of dollars to get one I want something more than just the illusion of "some hair". I am not expecting an Elvis like pompadour like density, but I want something more than see-thru cobwebs too. Call my spoiled. Even hair transplant doctors will tell you that the supply simply can't keep up with the demand. I mean just look at your average slick NW6-7, which is what Rooney would be without his transplant and imagine trying to spread that horseshoe around their entire bald dome. At some point it just becomes an exercise in futility. I mean just look at a NW7 like David Koechner. You gonna try to put a hair transplant on THAT? Good luck. Your average NW6-7 has lost about 60-70 percent of their hair. The average fullhead has 100000 follicles which means a NW7 has 30000 left and you can only take half of those or an average maximum of 15,000 lifetime FU before the horseshoe starts to look thin too. Do the math and see how dense it can look trying to spread 15000 FU over an area that originally had 70000. Just not worth it imo. Now that's not to say I think that people should wig it up because you run the risk of becoming a laughing stock if anyone finds out, and it is the most expensive coverup long term, and the most maintenance plus you have to live a restrictive lifestyle so as to not damage or expose your piece as @shookwun and @WhitePolarBear will tell you and romantic encounters are a paranoid nightmare. Overall I think anti-androgen medication is the best solution for hair loss right now. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, especially for hair loss. We need Tsuji and hair multiplication in order to give satisfactory densities to higher Norwoods though.

Noah

Reaction score
I don't see how you can say that systems are the most expensive solution, long term or short. You can get three excellent quality custom-made systems (more than enough for a year's wear) for $600. Even if you pay $100 a go for cut-ins (which i don't) that is $900. Even including postage and supplies, you are still not spending $1,000 a year. How many grafts do you get for that? Even if the transplants were a one-off investment they would still be more expensive, but they very rarely are. You continue losing hair, and you have to keep topping up the transplants until your donor runs out.

It is also just not true that you have to "live a restrictive lifestyle" or that "romantic encounters are a paranoid nightmare".

To quote the late Daniel Moynihan: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts".

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you reach slick bald NW5 uncle-looking cuck status, you quickly understand (took me a couple of months I think) that it is worth it.

But you need to be bald to understand, especially if it's at a young age, you basically have no choice if you want to look semi-normal again.

My first hair transplant at the age of 24 (in 2014) was a gamble, but man, I was committed, I had to do it.

I'm having my second one in less than a couple of months and I'm quite excited.

Your math is wrong by the way, you conflate hair and graft several times. 10000 FU is roughly 25000 hairs (in doubt, multiply by 2.5).

It all depends on the individual, but personally, my hair is quite thick and messy (curly) so a relatively little number of grafts can already give the illusion of OK density.

Anyway, with minoxidil and my high sensitivity to hormonal changes (grew boobs), FUE's are almost all I have. After that, I could still use beard grafts for my crown and temporary SMP to slightly improve the illusion of density.

You got to work with what you have. My girlfriend asked me: "When are you going to stop, when will you think you have enough hair?"

My reply: "The day I can wake up in the morning and spike my hair up with gel like I did when I was 16."

Do you have a link, post on your hair transplant journey?

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wayne Rooney is far from finished with his transplant journey. I think he's just temporarily paused it so he can focus on bigger and better things like the end of his footballing career. He's only got a year or two left before he retires. Football is his love, passion and career so he'll want to ensure that he makes the most out of the time he's got left on the field. Getting transplants during the end of his career would be a horrible decision! It would without a doubt effect his ability on the field. We all know how obsessive and distracting our hair can be so imagine being a footballer and feeling the way we do about our hair.. It must be distracting as f***! Also, getting a transplant whilst he's still actively playing is asking for a botched one. He's a striker, he uses his head in every training session and game. There's no time for him to take time off and recover from a transplant.

He will definitely have more donor hair left and he will definitely have more procedures in the future, just not while he's still playing football.

Noah

Reaction score
"It's still fake hair that you glue to your head. It's not as socially acceptable as hair transplants ..."

I entirely accept that, although the degree of acceptability differs from situation to situation, and I find people on this forum over-dramatise the reaction they might get. If you work in one of the "creative" spheres I don't think there is much stigma now. In a traditional professional job like mine, if people discovered they would exchange raised eyebrows and maybe have a gossip about it for a couple of days, but it is unlikely you would be called out or stigmatised. A lot of guys are willing to put up with that to have their hair back. No doubt if you work in a blue collar all male environment you may have a rougher time. In that case you either have to embrace full disclosure and take the backwash on the chin, or make sure it is good enough that people can't tell you're wearing, which is definitely possible with today's systems.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, shame for the guy. All that money spent and his personal business all over the tabloids, and really nothing to show for it but a big scar.

A big scar? I was under the impression he had an FUE procedure.
What exactly went wrong for his transplant do you think?