Wayne Rooney accepts his baldness gracefully... NOT!

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
So Wayne Rooney is the latest footballer to take the hair transplant route:

rooney3_682_1324287a.jpg

Very encouraging for us baldies that celebrities just cannot go bald... :jackit:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Where have you been the past week? Theres about 20 pages of threads on this already.

s.a.f

Reaction score
No thats how they do hairlines lately its supposed to look uneven, which is apperently more natural ?!?!

Ps looks to me like he's going to have an Ant Mcpartlin style forehead.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I feel your disappointment as well GHG, because it is encouraging for us when a famous person gracefully goes bald.

Having said that, 99% of people on this forum cannot go bald gracefully, hence why we are here. I would do the same if I was him.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats very bad pr for us, the worst thing is that eventually people will expect bald men to "have hair" since this and that did. like everyone can afford a 40grand hair transplant like those a-holes celebs!

(i have to find new avatar pic now :( )

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
Thats very bad pr for us, the worst thing is that eventually people will expect bald men to "have hair" since this and that did. like everyone can afford a 40grand hair transplant like those a-holes celebs!

(i have to find new avatar pic now :( )

It's not necessarily the inability to fund ONE hair transplant, but you're bound to have to have multiple operations for it to look good, 'cause the balding will advance, not all grafts will grow etc. That's where a normal guy falls short compared to celebs. And yes, I'm expecting more "why don't you get a hair transplant" responses when I b**ch about hairloss in the future...

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Ori83 said:
pr f

(i )

It's not necessarily the inability to fund ONE hair transplant, but you're bound to have to have multiple operations for it to look good, 'cause the balding will advance, not all grafts will grow etc. .

Yeah, I hate the way that every one of these celebrity hair transplant stories fail to mention that very fact and in doing so totally misguide the uneducated general public into thinking it's an easy and sustainable option.

Also, I wish newspaper journalists would actually read up on the subject of hairloss treatments before publishing so much trash... the other day in the aftermath of the Rooney hair transplant, I was reading the Evening Standard and it had a factsheet on baldness 'cures'. It mentioned that one of the common side effects of Propecia was "increased sex drive in men" :smack: :shock:

If only that was the case, even 50yr old NW1s would be doing it... purely for the sides!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dont worry there's still Prince William. And forget about hair transplant's as a fullproof option many (non suffers) think that Rogain is a fullproof cure.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
Today's game was pretty entertaining. The second United goal was pure magic :) almost Barca like :whistle:

Anyway, Rooney's hair transplant looks OK, he doesn't have any hair growth yet but his hairline looks darker.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats the media quote on a celebrity hair transplant. You are closer to the real figure.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah but how is it any different, did he have to pay more because he was famous?

becuase I don't see how it could have been that much, since it was just one operation, maybe it was a FUE and strip at the same time or something?

would be cool i he did the wig like sir elton john!

s.a.f

Reaction score
The media were just guessing at what it cost, and saying its was £40000 is more impressive than saying £10000.
If you did'nt realise the media like to exaggerate it tends to make a story more interesting.

T

TravisB

I'm watching Man U - Arsenal, and I've got to say that Rooney's transplant actually looks decent. I mean, Rooney is still ugly, but there's a huge difference between what his hair was then, and what it is now. I wonder if he had strip or FUE, how many grafts did he got, and is he taking finasteride now to prevent further loss?

Also, I don't know if I've seen right, but Javi Hernandez (Chicharito) seems to be developing a bald spot, and he's a guy with Norwood -1 hairline. It's him:

z9517710M,Javier-Hernandez.jpg

T

TravisB

Yeah, I bet most of us would like the transplant like that. I wonder if he will lose his remaining hair and look thin again, or maybe he's taking finasteride to keep it, OR maybe his transplant is dense enough, so it doesn't matter if he'll lose his remaining non transplanted hair?

It's funny to think that guy like Rooney could probably buy a lifetime supply of RU and minoxidil using his one weekly earnings :D. Also world's best hair transplant, and future treatments won't be a problem for him. I doubt we will ever see balding Rooney again.

kikujiro

Reaction score
TravisB said:
I'm watching Man U - Arsenal, and I've got to say that Rooney's transplant actually looks decent. I mean, Rooney is still ugly, but there's a huge difference between what his hair was then, and what it is now. I wonder if he had strip or FUE, how many grafts did he got, and is he taking finasteride now to prevent further loss?

Also, I don't know if I've seen right, but Javi Hernandez (Chicharito) seems to be developing a bald spot, and he's a guy with Norwood -1 hairline. It's him:

z9517710M,Javier-Hernandez.jpg
Chicharito.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
kikujiro said:

I can guarantee that no one outside of this site would even notice that.

kikujiro

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I can guarantee that no one outside of this site would even notice that.
Yeah, I don't even know if he has had any hairloss. some people might just look like that in the back (mine is very similar). Both his dad and grandfather have good hair for their ages (at least from the front).

Does a mature crown (like mature hairline) exist?

T

TravisB

Wayne+Rooney+Chicharito+FA+Cup.jpg

It seems he's thinnng on the crown. It's weird since he has NW0 or even Norwood -1 hairline. He's 23 years old and Mexican, so he shouldn't have any hair problems since Mexicans have good hair genes.

Both his dad and grandfather have good hair for their ages (at least from the front).

That doesn't matter. My both grandfathers and father are not bald. And guess what? I'm balding at 21. All you need is one balding man in your family and you can inherit the gene. It doesn't need to be grandfather or father. In my family it was my father's uncle.