Wax on Wax off

Maxine

Reaction score
Now on the subject of facial hair again ladies. Sorry to be repetitious but it IS an issue in treament when using 5% Rogaine or stronger. I dressed up as a wolfgirl for Halloween...l.HOWWWWWLLL! But seriously, I picked up my script for Vaniqua and .....GASP!!! It was $47 clams for a teeny weeny tube that was only a month supply. What Vaniqua does is shrink the hair follicles over time so that facial hair is less noticeable. Sort of the reverse of Rogaine if you will! What a contrast, huh? Well, you still have to continue to wax or use your depilatory of choice during treatment because Vaniqua doesn't instantly cure unwanted facial hair. It takes 6 MONTHS to see results!!! Do the math, people! That's $282!!!!! And just WHAT IF it is absorbed under the skin and cancels out the effects of the Minoxidil???? Then you're back to square one again? Well, I wished I could get my $ back for this stuff but what's done is done. I think I'll just "stick" with the waxing and deal with it. I don't want to sabbotage what little progress I've made. It's been 3 months now. Gosh I hate Androgenetic Alopecia. But :) I'm so glad there are treatments. In the interum, I will continue to farm scalp hair and "fertilize" daily.
yours
Maxine

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
HEY, Maxine!
Wow. I had actually thought about the Vaniqua thing, too but no thanks, too darn expensive.
THe hair on my upper lip is what's gotten "bad" so I do 2 things, I bleach and I use one of those little hand-held trimmers. Waxing just didn't do it for me. I had to wax every other day. Either I was bad at waxing or the hair on my lip grows at a phenomenal rate (just wish the hair on my head did!)
I'll second that emotion: I hate hate hate Androgenetic Alopecia, too!
Keep on keepin' on.
Michelle

RP9

Reaction score
Can't electrolosis or laser treatments deal with unwanted hair issues?
They're advertised all over hell's half acre - I don't know much about them so please educate me if these solutions don't work for permanently ridding yourself of hairs in unwanted places.

Having said that... Maxime... I'd wax everyday if it meant getting the hair back on top of my head. Small price to pay in my books.