Wavy Hair System, And Overly Oily Scalp

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you get a hair system that is wavy? That's what looks best on me. I have black hair and wear every so slightly wavy bangs. When my hair is pin straight it looks like 2005 emo kid hair, and just looks rediculous. I'm wondering how subtle these can get, cause I'm talking a pretty subtle wave here, mostly straight. Since my hair is black would that make the color look fake if I matched it? I'm just hoping it won't be hard to replicate.

I also have scalp issues thay might cause issue with a system? I have an issue currently where my scalp produces too much oil too fast. Like if I use conditioner my hair follicles get so clogged up it just falls out like Nair, and my hair knots up. I have to use very very drying shampoo. Will this mess up the hair system, or clog my hair follicles up worse with the glue?

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Wheeljack

The systems are made with real human hair, so any kind of wave can be permed into them. For something very subtle you would probably be best to buy the hairpiece with straight hair and get a professional stylist to do the perming.

If your natural hair is black, I don't see why a black system would look fake. Make sure you include a percentage of grey in the system which matches any natural grey you have.

It sounds like you might be advised to use a scalp protector to stop your scalp oils interfering with your bond.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Wheeljack

The systems are made with real human hair, so any kind of wave can be permed into them. For something very subtle you would probably be best to buy the hairpiece with straight hair and get a professional stylist to do the perming.

If your natural hair is black, I don't see why a black system would look fake. Make sure you include a percentage of grey in the system which matches any natural grey you have.

It sounds like you might be advised to use a scalp protector to stop your scalp oils interfering with your bond.

Oh ok, thanks so much. Good info. So it might just be a matter of doing it to get it to the texture of my real hair? Also I am Sicilian, so I have very thick hair. are there like different hair thicknesses? Or do you just get what you get?

I don't have any grey hair yet, so that should be simple enough.

What is a scalp protector?