wats funny about losing hair

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
The things that makes other similar age related appearance changes funny

It's not fair, but don't claim you don't understand it

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Because it makes us look like clowns, and all the world loves to laugh at us clowns. :jackit:

According to some people on here, if you think people are laughing at you because of your hairloss then you are misinterpreting the situation... because nobody would ever dare dream of making fun of anybody for any reason whatsoever, like at all. And if that is what you think well then you must be crazy, that's the only rational perspective. :jackit: :roll:

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Because it makes us look like clowns, and all the world loves to laugh at us clowns. :jackit:

According to some people on here, if you think people are laughing at you because of your hairloss then you are misinterpreting the situation... because nobody would ever dare dream of making fun of anybody for any reason whatsoever, like at all. And if that is what you think well then you must be crazy, that's the only rational perspective. :jackit: :roll:

:shakehead: oh dear

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

[youtube:1og0vtj6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk[/youtube:1og0vtj6]

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
ok guys u want me to post a few screenshots of this emo on facebook who has pics of his receding hairline?

it will probably make you rage tho . . . .

slipy

Reaction score
Zeroman said:
ok guys u want me to post a few screenshots of this emo on facebook who has pics of his receding hairline?

yes, please. i am too, in fact, an emo with a receeding hairline, i want to compare his to mine.

and people laugh at bald guys because they derive pleasure from the pain of others. don't ask me why, that's just a part of their nature.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
slipy said:
and people laugh at bald guys because they derive pleasure from the pain of others. don't ask me why, that's just a part of their nature.

Yup. Just like people find videos of guys getting hit in the balls and writhing around in pain funny.

slipy

Reaction score
different kinds of pain though, try to compare the longevity of those things.

the pain of being kicked in the balls, no matter how painful no matter how unpleasant, will fade, while baldness will be there to torment you for the rest of your miserable life.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Baldness is pretty much universally seen as an aesthetic flaw to be ashamed of.
I wish bald people were seen no differently to our hairier counterparts, as equals but that is just not the reality of the world we live in. The reality is that there is still a very strong bias, prejudice, stigma, baldism whatever you want to call it... it is real unfortunately.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I wish bald people were seen no differently to our hairier counterparts, as equals but that is just not the reality of the world we live in. The reality is that there is still a very strong bias, prejudice, stigma, baldism whatever you want to call it... it is real unfortunately.
the very reason we are on this forum . . . . . .

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

you keep repeating those things, which are mostly true, but there is nothing you can do about it... the only thing you can do is chose how to deal with it, and im not sure if ALWAYS whining about it will help dude, and for some reason you think im hating on you which im toatly not! quite the oppise, but again.. bitching about it DOESNT MAKE IT ANY BETTER!!!!!!!!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Nothing makes it better. It's a hopeless situation.

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Nothing makes it better. It's a hopeless situation.

No sir, it's not. As some guy on the other forum said: "Our fathers' and grandfathers' situation was hopeless. Ours is just bad".

They didn't have FUE or BHT. They didn't have surgeons that can transplant a few thousand grafts in a day. I've posted photos of a guy who underwent a surgery in India after some awful transplants, the photos are real, there are cases of Steven who eventually became consultant for BHR (Belgium, 8k grafts) and the guy that goes by the nickname "London lad".

I agree with all of your other opinions ("baldism", media influence, etc.), but these days on a personal scale the case can be won. It's all down to money.

Obviously till your hair grows back after transplants you're still in a world of s**t. But how would this be different from any other day so far?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Guys like Jotronic and London Lad are exceptions to the rule because they have unusually dense donor area, providing enough "supply" to fill the "demand". Most NW5's however don't have enough donor to cover the tops of their head and would wind up with see through hair, so hair transplant's are not a solution for most bald guys either. Other than gluing a rug to your dome, there isn't any hope for bald guys to get their hair back. Hopelessness persists...

Reaction score
According to Jotronic's website, H&W employee classed his donor area to be 3 on a 1-10 scale. Also his head was scarred from first transplant when it's easier to work on "virgin" scalps.

One can get up to 7k head grafts through FUE (usually 6k). Have a look at my post in a thread about Dr. A. They guy who had a repair operation done had 2.7k beard grafts transplanted. As far as I remember the total number of follicle units in your beard would be around 8k out of which half can be harvested without thinning the donor (I'd go for more, I shave everyday anyway).

Now 6k head grafts and 4k beard ones that's 10k, quite close to London Lad's result of 11.3k and more than Jotronic's 9360.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
yea we are lucky to have medications which can help a lot in maintaining and some regrowing

our ancestors had no meds

on the other hand they lived in a society that was wayyyy less materialistic and image obsessed

choose your poison

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
997 said:
According to Jotronic's website, H&W employee classed his donor area to be 3 on a 1-10 scale. Also his head was scarred from first transplant when it's easier to work on "virgin" scalps.

One can get up to 7k head grafts through FUE (usually 6k). Have a look at my post in a thread about Dr. A. They guy who had a repair operation done had 2.7k beard grafts transplanted. As far as I remember the total number of follicle units in your beard would be around 8k out of which half can be harvested without thinning the donor (I'd go for more, I shave everyday anyway).

Now 6k head grafts and 4k beard ones that's 10k, quite close to London Lad's result of 11.3k and more than Jotronic's 9360.

xtianwigs said:
Hair loss has really made my morale very low but I think I have to live with this problem. I have been using wigs for two years now and I bought it from http://www.for-wigs.com. I'm very satisfied on it it is very durable and cheap and now I will buy a new HH wig I found one and it is very beautiful and affordable

Both you guys sound like your selling something so pardon me if I find your motivations questionable. @997, anyone who has had experience with hair transplant's on this site strongly advices anyone nw5 and over against getting hair transplant's.... and I trust their experience for a reason.

B

Beingbaldsucks

not only that nothing funny in it i think jokes about baldness on tv and media should be seen as slander and they should be sued. if its a genetic trait then it needs to be seen just like color and race

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
997 said:

xtianwigs said:
Hair loss has really made my morale very low but I think I have to live with this problem. I have been using wigs for two years now and I bought it from http://www.for-wigs.com. I'm very satisfied on it it is very durable and cheap and now I will buy a new HH wig I found one and it is very beautiful and affordable

Both you guys sound like your selling something so pardon me if I find your motivations questionable. @997, anyone who has had experience with hair transplant's on this site strongly advices anyone nw5 and over against getting hair transplant's.... and I trust their experience for a reason.
i just checked ut 997 he is legit. i dont know any spam bots that post pics, also just check his post history

you can get a hair transplant if you are over nw5 but you will have to spend a lot of money, use body hair, keep your hair short, and if you want it longer you will have to use concealer