Watery semen, less of it and balls aching...

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Started finasteride about 2 weeks ago, on 1.25mg a day.
Since about a week ago ive had watery semen and less of it. Orgasms feel less intense and rubbing the semen between two fingers it does feel just like water, very thin (to much info perhaps).
Also had a mild ache in balls and surrounding area, and slight lower back pain which i had anyway but feels intensified.
Ive dropped dose to 1.25mg every other day, but sides are still present.

Libido seems OK still. Should i wait it out or quit until all sides go then restart at 1.25mg twice a week or so?

I'm 21

Silverfox1

Reaction score
Id give it a while. Ive been on finasteride about 6 months now and still have an ache in my right nut. It feels bruised when I lean on it. It is very mild and not as intense as the first few weeks. I also get mild abdominal pain.

Most people get the ball ache and most get rid of it.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Testicular pain will go away eventually. Watery semen, maybe not. I've been on finasteride for 2 years and have this off and on. However, quantity and consistency of semen has nothing to do with orgasm quality. I've had some of the best sex/orgasm of my life while on finasteride.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nut ache is very common, happened to me initially along with a ridiculously high libido, never paid attention to semen consistency, before or after.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I also experienced watery semen but somehow it seems to have improved. I'm still taking Proscar, so maybe it's becoming less effective.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Testicular pain will go away eventually. Watery semen, maybe not. I've been on finasteride for 2 years and have this off and on. However, quantity and consistency of semen has nothing to do with orgasm quality. I've had some of the best sex/orgasm of my life while on finasteride.
Actually, the better the orgasm, the more semen you will get. I have noticed it on myself and have read about it in many places. Straight from Wikipedia: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12127009

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
Actually, the better the orgasm, the more semen you will get.

That is the complete opposite of what I was saying.

Fanjeera said:
I have noticed it on myself and have read about it in many places. Straight from Wikipedia: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12127009

I'm starting to think you don't even read these studies, Fanjeera. This says that a longer period of sexual arousal results in higher sperm quality. It says nothing about (doesn't even imply) anything about a more pleasurable orgasm. Remember, ejaculation and orgasm are two completely different things.

kc444

Established Member
Reaction score
In my experience, these all go away with time. I definitely noticed a lot less semen at first and then it went back to normal after a couple of months.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Considering the amount of people at propeciahelp.com having reduced and watery semen still even after quitting the drug, I wouldn't be so sure.

Reaction score
Considering the amount of people at propeciahelp.com having reduced and watery semen still even after quitting the drug, I wouldn't be so sure.

the amount of people at propeciahelp.com.

propeciahelp.com.

picard-facepalm-300x300.jpg

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worhard - yes - I've noticed the same thing.

Fanjeera - how about from here forward, your posts are only on other topics :)

Since you're just a regular joe like everyone else here, and not in any way tied to that site nor any agenda about Propecia dangers ... im sure this will be easy.

Admin