Waterproof?

muddyball

Established Member
Reaction score
Which concealer if any would u say is waterproof? Ive been using toppik recently and started back playig football, concern is to be caught in the rain and the embarrassement of having a black forehead! Anyone any tips??

berserker69

Reaction score
I don't believe any of them are, from my experiences...

Obv fibre products will wash out in the rain, shower etc.

Dermmatch claims to be somewhat water-resistant, and some users claim to go swimming wearing the stuff. I can't believe these claims however - it runs terribly with any appreicable amount of moisutre. I have found myself wiping down a smudged forehead in the gym....embarassment much? Yessir...

I had higher hopes for the boldly named Aquamatch! It is supposed to 'seal' in on the scalp after maybe 10mins from application, but I find that it is always prone to be rubbed off or smudged.

And these concealers all state that they require a shampoo to be washed off. Not in my experience. Even aquamatch runs off simply by running water off my head.....

I apply them conservatively but maybe my technique is just crap.... A genuinely water-proof concealer would be a godsend...

brsrkr69

Sal

Reaction score
I use a thickener from ManeAmerica.com and find that when I get stuck in the rain my hair style is not as thick as it is before the rain hits it, but never leaks on to your head. wow, thats gotta be embarrassing.

good luck

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
DermMatch is the closest thing to being waterproof in the concealer world.