Washing Hair Daily

PreCueBall

Reaction score
What's the general consensus on washing hair daily? Should we alternate EOD, take a day off once a week? Does frequent washing affect hair loss and vise versa? I know it depends on the amount of oily production on your scalp so lets just assume I have a moderately oily scalp.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
i think you can wash your hair daily (and you should if you have a seborrheic dermatitis and use minoxidil ) but with a soft shampoo (sls/paraben free)

PreCueBall

Reaction score
I've tried to SLS/paraban free but it always leaves my scalp red, itchy and flaky. Just started washing with Daily Basics shampoo which was a buck at wal-mart in Canada and it has Sodium Laureth Saulfate and some of the other basic chemicals but also has Hydrolyzed wheat and soy proteins as well as Aloe. I'm not taking the minoxidil right now because I'm thinning at the temples and diffusly on top so it doesn't seem practical at the moment. I use Lipogaine Big 3 though once week (which I see you also use). I assume you like it more the Rengepure DR and Nizoral 2%?

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
yep actually nizoral gave me itchy and flaky scalp, regenepure DR is basicaly like lipogaine big3 but il kinda leave your hair lifeless... but its still a good shampoo in my opinion.
and for everyday use i take regenepure NT, it's expensive but smells good and gives volume to my hair