Was Cured For 2 Years (spironolactone + dutasteride), But Now Looking For A New Cure

Tommy poh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any updates? I have started finasteride 1mg once daily for 3 month, didn't get any visible results rather people started telling me I lost hair in these 3 months more, so switched on0. 5 dutasteride +5mg biotin since a 1 month(i keep on keeping finasteride 1mg every otherday;coz idk) going thro sheds recently since 1 week everytime I shampoo with a keto shampoo(3 times a week, I lose nearly130 hair on the day of shampoo), what do u suggest, should I start spironolactone?

Mr. Grey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride, duta is not help you unfortunately. Both drugs increase testosterone which also hit your receptors. You need spirolonoctone 100-200 mg daily. In couple of months you will see results.

Mr. Grey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is simple, for hair loss prevents you need blocked aa receptors.

Mr. Grey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But be ready to sides, this sides will affect to you hormonal system

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Chiming in here for anyone who is on a similar journey - I’m starting month 7 of spironolactone. I oscillate from oily to dry skin depending on the day. I don’t shed like I used to but I also lost ground on the shed.

I thought maybe I have heightened androgen sensitivity since I’m not responding to spironolactone for skin consistently - certainly not for hair nor am I loosing muscle mass - but I can’t imagine that’s the case. I have mild gyno on my right nipple and very low sex drive.
I also have baby hairs + fuzz on my hairline where I do not apply minoxidil. My serum DHT levels - if indicative of anything have reached the borderline undetectable range as of last month so I’m uncertain if that means scalp DHT is similarly waning. But my testosterone (total and free) is closer to the higher side of normal.
My dermatologist, who took spironolactone for her own hair, keeps reminding me that this therapy is just painfully slow. With that being said, my friend another patient who sees her had the miracle spironolactone hair and skin transformation on only 50mg within 4-6 months.
I prefer it to Flutamide although Flutamide really delivers results and fast because Flut is intense. By the end of the year, you will have gyno and also elevated serum androgens (with a crazy sex drive) and loss of muscle mass. spironolactone appears to work on a consistent arc as it’s steroidal.

Thinking about transitioning to cypro in 30 days
Dude how is ur hair? What's ur Regime?...please help me man I'm getting scalp tingle on dutasteride.thinking about using AA

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude how is ur hair? What's ur Regime?...please help me man I'm getting scalp tingle on dutasteride.thinking about using

hi! My hairs been a bit of a wreck lately. I started RU. Saw lots of success then it went systemic and raised my androgens. I got the labs to prove it. If you want to try Aldactone - start at 25mg and take it slow. You want to find the smallest dose with max impact. dutasteride was awful for me. finasteride was better. Some people react badly to dutasteride

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi! My hairs been a bit of a wreck lately. I started RU. Saw lots of success then it went systemic and raised my androgens. I got the labs to prove it. If you want to try Aldactone - start at 25mg and take it slow. You want to find the smallest dose with max impact. dutasteride was awful for me. finasteride was better. Some people react badly to dutasteride
At 0.25 mg I don't get any itch but at 0.5mg I get itch and shed

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah dutasteride is weird. It can cause a reflex. It fucks me up too
I'll try aldactone let me see..why didn't u use cypro...it ll put ur androgens at nil...I ve never seen anyone fail with cypro

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll try aldactone let me see..why didn't u use cypro...it ll put ur androgens at nil...I ve never seen anyone fail with cypro
So I took Cypro all 2020 and lost more hair. Why? Because it also kills off your estrigen. It actually put my T into lower normal on low dose Cypro so I could still get it up and stuff. Shame

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I took Cypro all 2020 and lost more hair. Why? Because it also kills off your estrigen. It actually put my T into lower normal on low dose Cypro so I could still get it up and stuff. Shame
So at the end of the day only estrogen can save us....

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So at what dose shall I start flutamide with atleast it won't cause reflex I hopeso

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
>started with accutane

You do know that accutane is known to cause hair loss right?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
At 0.25 mg I don't get any itch but at 0.5mg I get itch and shed
I took 2mg daily of duta for 8 months and now take 2.5mg daily for a few weeks but I still think im balding . duta did remove my itch and my morning scalp itch but no thickening/regrowth or reduced shedding, maybe I should add in oral spironolactone? im thinking about it but then I will lose my strength which sucks.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took 2mg daily of duta for 8 months and now take 2.5mg daily for a few weeks but I still think im balding . duta did remove my itch and my morning scalp itch but no thickening/regrowth or reduced shedding, maybe I should add in oral spironolactone? im thinking about it but then I will lose my strength which sucks.
Microneedling. spironolactone will make you lose strength and more so than estrogen would, quite possibly. It's hard on the liver so I just dumped it from my protocol.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took 2mg daily of duta for 8 months and now take 2.5mg daily for a few weeks but I still think im balding . duta did remove my itch and my morning scalp itch but no thickening/regrowth or reduced shedding, maybe I should add in oral spironolactone? im thinking about it but then I will lose my strength which suckhave u tried

Have u tried lower dosage... 2.5 mg sounds heavy... Did u get scalp itch Or tingles on lower doses?... Spironolactone is a good option... Try with lower doses first