Was Cured For 2 Years (spironolactone + dutasteride), But Now Looking For A New Cure

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, let me tell you my story:
So my hairloss started when i was 19 years old and im now 22. First I started with accutane and then finasteride. They didint work, so I changed to Dutasteride 0,5mg. It worked for half year and gave some regrowth but then started to fail. I added Spirolactone 200mg ED and I was CURED. I left the forum and was super happy at the time :rolleyes:. For a while...
This summer the dutasteride 0,5mg ED and Spirolactone 200mg combo started to fail and I'm now trying to find a new cure. I cannot up the dosage because my doctor won't let me and I probably get sides if I do.

SO.. now i'm trying to find new ways. Qurrently experimenting with ranitidin(H2 blocker), metformin(reduces IGF-1, raises SHBG) and Ovestin(topical estriol), probiotics.
I have tried pretty much everything else but RU, Androcur and arthitis meds, wich are too hard for me to get.
If you have any suggestions or questions feel free to speak.

UPDATE: Upped my dutasteride dosage to 1mg and spironolactone to 250mg

Meds i've tried:
Antibiotic = Nope.
Accutane ED = Helped with the acne but it caused some thinning.
Cetirizine 2mg ED = Nope.
Finasteride 1mg ED = Nope.
Dutasteride 0,5mg ED = Worked for a while on its own but best results when taken with spironolactone.
Spirolactone 200mg ED= Worked prefectly for 2 years. No itching, no sebum, Regrowth. Best stuff!
Ketonazole ED = Works with the itching and dandruff. Good stuff.
Cabergoline ED = Nope.
Metformin 2000mg ED = (Im not diabetic btw) I guess it helped with acne but not with the hairloss. Still testing.
Ranitidin 600mg ED = Still testing, nothing to report yet.

Topicals:
Corticone = Nope.
Voltaren = Nope.
Ovestin (Estriol gel)= Still testing. I mix it with minoxidil, not sure if it penetrates the skin?
Minoxidil foam on temples = works with, spironolactone + dutasteride.
Retinol = works great with acne, dunno about hairloss.

Diets:
Gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, low GI, low protein = Maybe slight help with acne.
Soy products, cinnamon, green tea, reservatrol = Might have elevated my SHBG.

Natural stuff:
Vitamins, fish oil, nuts, applecider vinegar, etc... = Nope.

What was my hairloss like:
Agressive. Very bad tingling and itching in the areas that were thinning(temples), redness, dandruff and lots of sebum. Scalp was constantly inflammated and full of acne pimples on temples.
Thinning was basic horse shoe pattern on the temples Norwood 2 i'd say.

Side effects:
There was some gyno in the beginning but I had a 2 week break from the meds and everything came back to normal. I only get gyno if I drink lots of alcohol (alcohol has antiandrogenic properties).
Dick works 100%, only less libido wich is awesome.
No weight gain (only weight loss), athletic body.

Last edited:

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before:
Before.PNG

After:
After.PNG

Power of the antiandrogens. Sadly it didin't last for ever.
Im starting to lose ground now slowly but surely.

Last edited:

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are female, right?
Damn when I read all you take! Only 100 mg spironolactone made me gain so much weight!
Maybe you could try RU for a reboost. It might work but I don't know for how long.

No I'm a full straight guy :D
I got sides in the beginning but not anymore. Dick is working 100%, No gyno, Perfect athletic body. Only side is less libido but i find it positive :) I can still get aroused when ever I wan't but now I can finally choose when, lol :D

I've decided that I'm not going to try RU because its too pricy, and theres no proof of success. I prolly would get a call from the police "Is this cocaine??".

Last edited:

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What makes you think that antiandrogens stopped working? Do you know your hormone profile before and after treatment?

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
What was my hairloss like:
What makes you think that antiandrogens stopped working? Do you know your hormone profile before and after treatment?

Because of shedding/receding and my forehead starts getting oily again.
I have changed nothing in my regimen. I must have built some kind of tolerance or my test is rising :/
My hairloss was really agressive so I think my DHT and Testo were damn high.
My hairloss started on November and the pic I posted earlier was my situation on June.
I didin't take hormone profile before I started all the meds, but I took these when on spironolactone+dutasteride+metformin:

This is the one I took when i got some gyno. As you can see that my estradiol was quite high.
LH 3,67IU/l (1,50-9,3)
PRL 207mIU/l (53-360)
E2 0,14nmol/l (<0,15)
GH 0,37mIU/l (<9,00)
Testofree 307pmol/l (155-800)
SHBG 41nmol/l (15-95)
Testo 21,3nmol/l (8,0-29,0)

This one is after 2 week break from the meds. Estradiol and prolactin went down but so did testos:
LH 3,46IU/l (1,50-9,3)
PRL 142mIU/l (53-360)
E2 0,06nmol/l (<0,15)
GH 12,72mIU/l (<9,00)
Testofree 264pmol/l (155-800)
SHBG 50nmol/l (15-95)
Testo 19,5nmol/l (8,0-29,0)

I always thought it was prolactin that caused the gyno but it was estradiol wich was raised. I figured out that it happened just after I had been drinking with my friends.

Last edited:

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did u get a Doctor to prescribe u dutasteride and spironolactone in the first place? Many here have issues with docs prescribing just finasteride.

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did u get a Doctor to prescribe u dutasteride and spironolactone in the first place? Many here have issues with docs prescribing just finasteride.

Im a wizard, Harry.
I was young, I told them how serious I'm and kept pressuring them. I also told them about studies I've read and they couldn't deny. I might be the first guy in my country to get spironolactone:)
I tried to ask for rheumathoid arthitis drugs but she said that she had given it to some guy for hairloss and it worked but hes immune system failed and it didin't end well.
My first Doctor was a dickhead and it took months to get him prescribe me finasteride so I changed my Doctor.

Last edited:

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im a wizard, Harry.
I was young, I told them how serious I'm and kept pressuring them. I also told them about studies I've read and they couldn't deny. I might be the first guy in my country to get spironolactone:)
I tried to ask for rheumathoid arthitis drugs but she said that she had given it to some guy for hairloss and it worked but hes immune system failed and it didin't end well.
My first Doctor was a dickhead and it took months to get him prescribe me finasteride so I changed my Doctor.

What makes u think dutasteride stopped working 6 months in? 5 alpha reductase inhibitors cause people to shed throughout treatment and peak results as demonstrated by the propecia trials aren't seen til about 2 years. Could it just have been a shed?

In ur experience does dutasteride help the hairline including temple points?

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
What makes u think dutasteride stopped working 6 months in? 5 alpha reductase inhibitors cause people to shed throughout treatment and peak results as demonstrated by the propecia trials aren't seen til about 2 years. Could it just have been a shed?

In ur experience does dutasteride help the hairline including temple points?

Well.. when Im losing ground I can feel it and see it. It wasn't a shed. I gave it couple months after that and it only got worse.
Oily skin, itching, redness and shedding came back, thats the sign for me. Not as agressive as before but still losing too fast.
From my experience I say that when something works, you really feel it after couple months... no need to waste a year or two.

Dutasteride gave me significant regrowth on temples when used with minoxidil and ketonazole. If you are lucky and sensitive to antiandrogens, it could give you some regrowth and maintain for couple years. But it was too mild stuff for me.

My dutasteride regrowth when it was working:
dutasteride.jpg

Last edited:

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I'm a full straight guy :D
I got sides in the beginning but not anymore. Dick is working 100%, No gyno, Perfect athletic body. Only side is less libido but i find it positive :) I can still get aroused when ever I wan't but now I can finally choose when, lol :D

I've decided that I'm not going to try RU because its too pricy, and theres no proof of success. I prolly would get a call from the police "Is this cocaine??".

All I can say is you must have incredible androgen sensitivity through your entire body. To be able to withstand these massive doses of medications and still have both hair loss and working sexual function says that you must be very androgen sensitive.

Most of us would neither lose hair nor have any dick function at all on the doses you're taking.

Your balding must be incredibly aggressive.

Unfortunately if cypro is not an option, then you will be left with either accepting your hair loss or experimental therapies only. If you want to read about the strongest anti-androgenic drug available, you can read this thread.

Topical antihistamines like cetirizine or desloratadine might provide a bit of added benefit but in your case I doubt they'll be strong enough to change the long term outcome.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had more aggressive male pattern baldness but used a similar regimen to yours and pretty much regrew most of my hair. You could possibly add minoxidil (topically or a small oral dose) and/or add topical RU.

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aww man I'm so tempted to do a blood test, but am afraid the lady/guy with the reports will walk out and ask me if I am a man or something else lol.

Well if you've been taking anti-androgens, and you want to continue, estradiol is pretty much the way forward. You could try progesterone I guess. Another alternative is oral minoxidil. It can give you a juvenile hairline, but you would probably dislike a sharper beard.

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aww man I'm so tempted to do a blood test, but am afraid the lady/guy with the reports will walk out and ask me if I am a man or something else lol.

Well if you've been taking anti-androgens, and you want to continue, estradiol is pretty much the way forward. You could try progesterone I guess. Another alternative is oral minoxidil. It can give you a juvenile hairline, but you would probably dislike a sharper beard.

I did ask for estradiol from my Doctor but got refused. And I cant order meds online without prescription in my country. Otherwise I would use it.
My plan is to up my dosage of dutasteride to 1mg and maybe up spironolactone to 250mg.

300mg spironolactone, wow :D Any sides, regrowth?
I always thought not many people use spironolactone but it seems like theres plenty of us nowdays.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did ask for estradiol from my Doctor but got refused. And I cant order meds online without prescription in my country. Otherwise I would use it.
My plan is to up my dosage of dutasteride to 1mg and maybe up spironolactone to 250mg.

I always thought not many people use spironolactone but it seems like theres plenty of us nowdays.

You do know there are online pharmacy out there that will dispense without prescription, it's 2017 you don't need to fake blood tests anymore lol

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
You do know there are online pharmacy out there that will dispense without prescription, it's 2017 you don't need to fake blood tests anymore lol

Yeah but not in my country. Its illegal if you dont have a prescription for it. I get ticket from the police.
I would buy all the drugs if it was possible :rolleyes: gotta move to UK or somethin.

Last edited:

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Like you I too found that 300mg is the only dose which stops sebum. Sides are no more moning wood and rather random libido. It is still in control though, I can still get hard whenever I want to.

Regrowth is good, but for me, not complete. I still need some surgical intervention, after which it could be perfect.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well.. when Im losing ground I can feel it and see it. It wasn't a shed. I gave it couple months after that and it only got worse.
Oily skin, itching, redness and shedding came back, thats the sign for me. Not as agressive as before but still losing too fast.
From my experience I say that when something works, you really feel it after couple months... no need to waste a year or two.

Dutasteride gave me significant regrowth on temples when used with minoxidil and ketonazole. If you are lucky and sensitive to antiandrogens, it could give you some regrowth and maintain for couple years. But it was too mild stuff for me.

My dutasteride regrowth when it was working:
View attachment 71921

Impressive. Do u have a pic of what it looks like now similar to that pic to illustrate the regression?

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Impressive. Do u have a pic of what it looks like now similar to that pic to illustrate the regression?

It's pretty much the same as in that pic at the moment. with spironolactone working it was fully restored (I didint take close pics of my hair at that time because I thought I was cured :,D). I'll take a pic someday this week.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's pretty much the same as in that pic at the moment. with spironolactone working it was fully restored (I didint take close pics of my hair at that time because I thought I was cured :,D). I'll take a pic someday this week.
upping yor dose or/and oral minoxidil