Was Cured For 2 Years (spironolactone + dutasteride), But Now Looking For A New Cure

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there is any point of upping the dose, but since 300mg was my perfect sweetspot, its worth a go, for only a fortnight. If you don't see any changes in sebum (oilyness) reduce your dose, and go in other directions.

I saw changes in oilyness in only a week after upping to 300mg. Back then I almost couldn't believe it. After a while I buzzed my head before starting on E, and the sheets no longer got 'oil stained' from my head like they used to. Infact that oil was so dirty my father who washed the pillow cover asked me what shitty oil am I using lol.

300mg is quite strong, you will defo need some amount of oral minoxidil.

baldistheword

My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone that suffers from a oily scalp and acne, I am curious to know what really worked for you. What was the moment that changed that for you?

Thanks.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there is any point of upping the dose, but since 300mg was my perfect sweetspot, its worth a go, for only a fortnight. If you don't see any changes in sebum (oilyness) reduce your dose, and go in other directions.

I saw changes in oilyness in only a week after upping to 300mg. Back then I almost couldn't believe it. After a while I buzzed my head before starting on E, and the sheets no longer got 'oil stained' from my head like they used to. Infact that oil was so dirty my father who washed the pillow cover asked me what shitty oil am I using lol.

mate you got any before after photos with all the sh*t your using?

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah that's what I try to ask next time I see my Doctor. Will see if it works and how long.

I don't want to use oral minoxidil, because it grows hair all over body and causes other bad sh*t. And it isn't even available for me because I can't order prescription meds from other countries.

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone that suffers from a oily scalp and acne, I am curious to know what really worked for you. What was the moment that changed that for you?

Thanks.

Spirolactone at 200mg dosage. Now (2 years later) the oilyness is starting to come back tho...
It felt so amazing to be normal again :/

spironolactone cleared most of my acne too. Theres also retinol cream, metformin and the diets wich help with acne.

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
mate you got any before after photos with all the sh*t your using?

Rather not share. Results are not in line with all the sh*t I'm using. Infact probably the only reason I'm still on is because of its sebum free nature. I f*****g never want all that sebum to return.

Yeah that's what I try to ask next time I see my Doctor. Will see if it works and how long.

I don't want to use oral minoxidil, because it grows hair all over body and causes other bad sh*t. And it isn't even available for me because I can't order prescription meds from other countries.

I understand. Then make sure you are well hydrated.

baldistheword

My Regimen
Reaction score
Spirolactone at 200mg dosage. Now (2 years later) the oilyness is starting to come back tho...

spironolactone cleared most of my acne too. Theres also retinol cream, metformin and the diets wich help with acne.

Right now I am taking Accutane and I am having a really bad flare up right now. Hope it helps. Did you not use special shampoos to treat the sebum problem?

I am also thinking about using retinol as it seems to be quite powerful in dealing with this kind of issues. Spirolactone seems to be the final option.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What if you just drop every goddamn thing to zero for 2 months. Reset the clock and start again. That should work.

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right now I am taking Accutane and I am having a really bad flare up right now. Hope it helps. Did you not use special shampoos to treat the sebum problem?

I am also thinking about using retinol as it seems to be quite powerful in dealing with this kind of issues. Spirolactone seems to be the final option.

I did use special shampoos + ketonazole and still do. They ease the itch but do not help with the real problem.
I'd say that retinol isn't working on its own its just some extra. Accutane works for some people but for me the results lasted only for a year. Spirolactone was the holygrail for me.

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
What if you just drop every goddamn thing to zero for 2 months. Reset the clock and start again. That should work.

Nope. Im not going back to that hell, lol. It doesn't work.
I stopped all the meds for like 3 weeks once, and hairloss, sebum and itch came back. After restarting the meds the results were the same as before.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope. Im not going back to that hell, lol. It doesn't work.
I stopped all the meds for like 3 weeks once, and hairloss, sebum and itch came back. After restarting the meds the results were the same as before.
In that case I will recommend you to add topical anti androgen to the regime.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im a wizard, Harry.
I was young, I told them how serious I'm and kept pressuring them. I also told them about studies I've read and they couldn't deny. I might be the first guy in my country to get spironolactone:)
I tried to ask for rheumathoid arthitis drugs but she said that she had given it to some guy for hairloss and it worked but hes immune system failed and it didin't end well.
My first Doctor was a dickhead and it took months to get him prescribe me finasteride so I changed my Doctor.

f*** that guy. -.-'

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but not in my country. Its illegal if you dont have a prescription for it. I get ticket from the police.
I would buy all the drugs if it was possible :rolleyes: gotta move to UK or somethin.

Hi hi hi any improvements here? I take spironolactone now after 6 years on Flutamide. Flutamide is wonderful for hair and doesn’t affect libido. However it’s a pretty potent feminising agent unfortunately, be warned. Also some patients are prone to hepatoxidity on this drug. Flutamide also increases testosterone like crazy. Spironolactone can very well do the same - spironolactone has a feedback mechanism that Flutamide does not, but both can cause reflex androgencity. Also it’s a blocker so you shouldn’t be able to effectively build a tolerance to it although several people do report this experience. My heart goes out to you! I hope you’re improving hon xxx

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
metformin may cause hairloss

is good for gyno prevention tho
I believe it just causes a telogen effluvium. However a lot of PCOS ladies take it with spironolactone/flutamide specifically for t reduction and weight loss : |

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Chiming in here for anyone who is on a similar journey - I’m starting month 7 of spironolactone. I oscillate from oily to dry skin depending on the day. I don’t shed like I used to but I also lost ground on the shed.

I thought maybe I have heightened androgen sensitivity since I’m not responding to spironolactone for skin consistently - certainly not for hair nor am I loosing muscle mass - but I can’t imagine that’s the case. I have mild gyno on my right nipple and very low sex drive.
I also have baby hairs + fuzz on my hairline where I do not apply minoxidil. My serum DHT levels - if indicative of anything have reached the borderline undetectable range as of last month so I’m uncertain if that means scalp DHT is similarly waning. But my testosterone (total and free) is closer to the higher side of normal.
My dermatologist, who took spironolactone for her own hair, keeps reminding me that this therapy is just painfully slow. With that being said, my friend another patient who sees her had the miracle spironolactone hair and skin transformation on only 50mg within 4-6 months.
I prefer it to Flutamide although Flutamide really delivers results and fast because Flut is intense. By the end of the year, you will have gyno and also elevated serum androgens (with a crazy sex drive) and loss of muscle mass. spironolactone appears to work on a consistent arc as it’s steroidal.

Thinking about transitioning to cypro in 30 days

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Chiming in here for anyone who is on a similar journey - I’m starting month 7 of spironolactone. I oscillate from oily to dry skin depending on the day. I don’t shed like I used to but I also lost ground on the shed.

I thought maybe I have heightened androgen sensitivity since I’m not responding to spironolactone for skin consistently - certainly not for hair nor am I loosing muscle mass - but I can’t imagine that’s the case. I have mild gyno on my right nipple and very low sex drive.
I also have baby hairs + fuzz on my hairline where I do not apply minoxidil. My serum DHT levels - if indicative of anything have reached the borderline undetectable range as of last month so I’m uncertain if that means scalp DHT is similarly waning. But my testosterone (total and free) is closer to the higher side of normal.
My dermatologist, who took spironolactone for her own hair, keeps reminding me that this therapy is just painfully slow. With that being said, my friend another patient who sees her had the miracle spironolactone hair and skin transformation on only 50mg within 4-6 months.
I prefer it to Flutamide although Flutamide really delivers results and fast because Flut is intense. By the end of the year, you will have gyno and also elevated serum androgens (with a crazy sex drive) and loss of muscle mass. spironolactone appears to work on a consistent arc as it’s steroidal.

Thinking about transitioning to cypro in 30 days
Do you think oral spironolactone 200 mg needs to be taken along with finas or dutas?

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo I’m in the same boat as you quineapig. Basically the same story the same regimen the same aggressive Hair loss experience same body type and same side effects or lack of side effects. Except I was lucky to have spironolactone work for 4 years. There are times just about every 3 months where I felt testosterone taking over and HairLoss increasing but it goes away for a while and cycle repeats. Recently my temples have been shot to sh*t and hair isn’t how it was a year ago. Though Right now My HairLoss isn’t as aggressive as it was when I was 22 but who knows maybe soon it will be. I’m thinking about adding estradiol to my regimen but realize that most likely that will stop working over time as well if it does help me at all. Or start shaving my head again tossing everything and let nature do its thing cause fighting this sh*t seems to be no end, and cutting my junk off is not going to happen.