Warning to all those going the prostaglandin route

BaldingDude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Newer pubmed article (June 2021). One of the sections highlights the role of PGD2 as being protective in skin cancer, and elevated PGE2 and PGF2alpha leads to progression of cancer.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Newer pubmed article (June 2021). One of the sections highlights the role of PGD2 as being protective in skin cancer, and elevated PGE2 and PGF2alpha leads to progression of cancer.

Shouldn't aspiring then raise risk of cancer? I've seen plenty of claims that it reduces the chance for some of them at least.

BaldingDude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shouldn't aspiring then raise risk of cancer? I've seen plenty of claims that it reduces the chance for some of them at least.
Good point. I'm guessing its because Aspirin works at a higher level suppressing the production of all prostaglandins. It also has other mechanisms aside from prostaglandin reduction that reduce cancer risk (reduction of thromboxanes, CDK, NF-kappa, mTOR, AMP Kinase and countless others).

More of a FYI for people who may still be using topical preps of cetirizine, seti, fevi because these greatly reduce PGD2 locally in the scalp. I dont know about you but I don't usually check my scalp for abnormal growths nor would it be super obvious under the hairy areas (whatever is left of them...)

This could also be nothing. I think its good for everyone to know what info is out there on whatever you are using for hair loss.

Last edited:

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prostaglandins are not effective for hair loss to my knowledge in spite of flow charts indicating that they are the real thing. Conjectural thinking is the enemy of fighting hair loss in a hormonal situation cause you are playing roulette with a blue ball so to speak that never lands on anything pertinent but folks keep trying to put together stacks of 20 things that they conjecture might be good for hair but in actuality, nothing is good for hair regrowth except hormonal intervention and five treatments or meds, including microneedling actually work and non of the experimental protocols work except for maintenance, if that and yep, you gotta take them for life as they constitute no sort of cure but instead more garbage to process related to effective baldness treatments which are finasteride/Duta/Keto/microneedling, minoxidil, Retin-A and estradiol, not biestro like the experimental guys at least used to tout based upon conjecture about breast growth receptors vs. hair receptors and estriol grows big giant boobs but rarely any hair unless you swim in it.
do you know what a period is

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
The things is that you are blocking every Prostaglandin with Aspirin . All this is like ying/young, this is why COX 2 inhibition are dangerous cause you need a cox-1 /cox-2 " ying/yang" To understand it, check VIOXX scandal ( yep, the same that created propecia, oops they did it again " .

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance here, but does that mean that topical cetrizine can be dangerous?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aspirin has been shown protective in multiple types of cancers and even achieved reversal in some.
For me, Aspirin stops hair shedding almost completely, but only while I’m on it.
if i may ask...dosage? baby aspirin (100mg) would be enough? any other effect while on it? thanks

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
PGE2/PGF2a work. Obviously they would promote cancer growth as they phosphorylate GSK3b. I used these in combination with SAG, which was very stupid but I didn't die

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never heard anyone using topical aspirin. I am tempted to use everything in my medicine cabinet when I hear things like that.