Video of my hair - nicefella's story

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I saw a the user "nyjrb" post a video of his hair and I thought that would be a fantastic way to get an opinion so thank you man, I will do the same here! Except I'm very nervous about people finding out so I put on sunglasses/wrapped my head because I'm afraid co-workers and friends would ridicule me or say "just shave it" :/

So I'm 23 years old, "feel" like been balding/thinning since 18 but only in the past two years have I obsessed about it daily. It took be 2 years to get on finasteride and 6.5 months ago, I weaned on and have been on 1.25mg everyday since. I am not using minoxidil or anything else.

I shed an incredible amount everyday, even after 6.5 months on finasteride (generic pharmacy Proscar), and have had not had any thickening or regrowth so I'm getting really worried as a lot of people in the "success stories" section get at least thickening by 6 months :(

Anyway, here is a video of my hair. I can't even look at it objectively anymore. Some days I feel amazing about it and some days I dont. The thing to note is that my hair is very long on top so it greatly masks the thinning I feel.

How does my hair look like to the uninitiated and those who aren't invested in my hair (i.e. you guys)? Also please keep in mind that this is after I washed my hair but then towel dried completely and thoroughly.

The reason I worry is although I don't have any brothers, my uncles from my mothers side are NW5 and NW6 respectively both before 35 :/

Any feedback would be so GREATLY appreciated!!

Thank you :)

https://youtu.be/NnhjShrhngk

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair looks very solid. Very minor thinning in the temples, but it looks thick everywhere else. Perhaps you can use minoxidil just on the temples, if you really want regrowth, but you don't really need it.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I saw a the user "nyjrb" post a video of his hair and I thought that would be a fantastic way to get an opinion so thank you man, I will do the same here! Except I'm very nervous about people finding out so I put on sunglasses/wrapped my head because I'm afraid co-workers and friends would ridicule me or say "just shave it" :/

So I'm 23 years old, "feel" like been balding/thinning since 18 but only in the past two years have I obsessed about it daily. It took be 2 years to get on finasteride and 6.5 months ago, I weaned on and have been on 1.25mg everyday since. I am not using minoxidil or anything else.

I shed an incredible amount everyday, even after 6.5 months on finasteride (generic pharmacy Proscar), and have had not had any thickening or regrowth so I'm getting really worried as a lot of people in the "success stories" section get at least thickening by 6 months :(

Anyway, here is a video of my hair. I can't even look at it objectively anymore. Some days I feel amazing about it and some days I dont. The thing to note is that my hair is very long on top so it greatly masks the thinning I feel.

How does my hair look like to the uninitiated and those who aren't invested in my hair (i.e. you guys)? Also please keep in mind that this is after I washed my hair but then towel dried completely and thoroughly.

The reason I worry is although I don't have any brothers, my uncles from my mothers side are NW5 and NW6 respectively both before 35 :/

Any feedback would be so GREATLY appreciated!!

Thank you :)

https://youtu.be/NnhjShrhngk
You are receding and the crown is thinning slightly. However, with long hair you can't notice a problem. Your density is good. Just remember, most of the success stories you see involve both finasteride and minoxidil. Finasteride is not a great growth stimulater but minoxidil proves to be one. If you maintain at baseline, you are doing great.

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Is there do you think a chance to hold on for s few years until new treatments?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score