Video of my hair, am I starting to show DIFFUSE male pattern baldness?

jorgedudicoff

Reaction score
Quick bio: 2 years of male pattern baldness, hair loss is predominately in the left temple and hairline. Seems non-aggressive, despite happening at the age of 20.

Hey guys, Saw a couple of videos of people showing their hair and thought I'd do the same. I took this video particularly to show the top of my head. I wanted to know whether this looks like diffuse thinning male pattern baldness?

My main area of concern has always been my left temple and now the rest of my hairline, but the top has always seemed thick, and it still does for the most part. What I am now worrying about is that when I part my hair or lift it up to look at the roots, it looks rather thin, see-through, and weak. I feel like I always had this kind of scalp, but only after knowing I have male pattern baldness have I started wondering whether this is a sign of diffuse loss.

Throughout the top of my hair, it seems to have the exact same density all over, that is why I am guessing that it is just how my hair naturally is. Obviously when guys like us get paranoid and OCD about hair loss, any sign of scalp is scary. As I'm sure all have you have noticed, even regular people with no male pattern baldness can show scalp at certain angles, lighting, etc. Often times, it is just the hair being pushed in different ways or scalp being exposed by different things. As such I was wondering if the same could be said about the hair on the top of my head.

Thanks for your opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ0ZmSsOJ3I&feature=youtu.be

Reaction score
Your hair looks perfectly fine to me, just keep monitoring your scalp and take action if you see any difference in thickness

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Quick bio: 2 years of male pattern baldness, hair loss is predominately in the left temple and hairline. Seems non-aggressive, despite happening at the age of 20.

Hey guys, Saw a couple of videos of people showing their hair and thought I'd do the same. I took this video particularly to show the top of my head. I wanted to know whether this looks like diffuse thinning male pattern baldness?

My main area of concern has always been my left temple and now the rest of my hairline, but the top has always seemed thick, and it still does for the most part. What I am now worrying about is that when I part my hair or lift it up to look at the roots, it looks rather thin, see-through, and weak. I feel like I always had this kind of scalp, but only after knowing I have male pattern baldness have I started wondering whether this is a sign of diffuse loss.

Throughout the top of my hair, it seems to have the exact same density all over, that is why I am guessing that it is just how my hair naturally is. Obviously when guys like us get paranoid and OCD about hair loss, any sign of scalp is scary. As I'm sure all have you have noticed, even regular people with no male pattern baldness can show scalp at certain angles, lighting, etc. Often times, it is just the hair being pushed in different ways or scalp being exposed by different things. As such I was wondering if the same could be said about the hair on the top of my head.

Thanks for your opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ0ZmSsOJ3I&feature=youtu.be
You do have some recession but its looks like a mature hairline. Looks like you got some premature gray hairs too? You may have just naturally fine hair with low density so you will see scalp as you move your hair around. I would visit a hair transplant doctor and see what they think.

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks normal thickness to me, but then I don't know you.

Maybe you had super duper thick hair years ago and now maybe it's thinner, or maybe your hair (that still looks quite dense to me) was never super duper thick and you are just being paranoid.

No one on here can say you are balding for sure from that video because you don't show any 'obvious' signs of balding IMO.

Steve

Reaction score
You hair looks fine dude.
Go and see a dr if you are worried to find out if you have male pattern baldness.

jorgedudicoff

Reaction score
Thanks for all the opinions, I actually pulled back the hair on the side of my head to expose the scalp and did the same for the top, they seem exactly the same. So I actually think if the sides of my hair (not an male pattern baldness area) has the same density compared to the top, it is probably my natural hair density.

Thanks for the positive words from some about not balding, but it has been diagnosed, and I didn't show it well here, but my left temple is quite receded

davidfan

Reaction score
Thanks for all the opinions, I actually pulled back the hair on the side of my head to expose the scalp and did the same for the top, they seem exactly the same. So I actually think if the sides of my hair (not an male pattern baldness area) has the same density compared to the top, it is probably my natural hair density.

Thanks for the positive words from some about not balding, but it has been diagnosed, and I didn't show it well here, but my left temple is quite receded

Can you make a video when your hair is wet? And part your hair with both hands.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Man you must be too attentive..
Your gap is too high..
I suggest you to make your hairs little cut and see if you are having severe hairfall or not...

Or just buzz.if you have leave..
So that no one will know..

I have such thing in 2005..
But at 2015. I an nw6..

Be alert...