Very thinned sides...

Amadeus

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I will turn 34 in July and lost my hair in my very early twenties.
During military service at age 22, I shaved it all off and kept it that way ever since.
It was (is) not exactly lovely but I managed to get along with it.

Sick and tired of having exactly the same look for the past 12 years however, two weeks ago I decided to give a so called hair system
a try. As a consequence I started to let my hair grow wondering how its gonna look (I havent seen my hair for the past 12 years) and -
it somehow looks disturbing to me like there is something seriously not OK, like its not just ordinary male pattern baldness.

I am gonna show this to a dermatologist but thats another topic.
Concerning with the mentioned hairsystem I am starting to heavily doubt, whether such a hair system could improve my looks after all
as my remaining hair on the sides and on the back of my head look somehow extremely thinned in my opinion :-(

I showed it to the guys selling the hair system and they ensured that its not gonna be a problem. They said, as hair grow longer
it will look normal. I am not that confident - and I am not in the mood for some thinned out hair on my head. I want a full head of hair
or have it shaved down completely - there is no middle ground for me!

What do you guys think? Please be dead honest and do not try to be nice or something. I need to make a decision (whether to give a
hair system a shot or not) and its hard to make the right decision based on false intel, so please be honest whatever there is to come! ;-)

I also posted a picture of me (sorry for the sunglasses but it is a topic I do not feel particularly comfortable with), so
you can see how I look bottom shaved without a hair system!

Best regards
Anonymous

P.S.
I have seen some full cap hair pieces, does anyone have experience with such a one?

20160414_181606.jpg20160414_181616.jpg20160414_181620.jpg20160414_181859.jpg20160414_182052.jpg20160414_182420.jpg20160414_182511.jpg20160414_182733.jpg

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Hard to see when it's so short. I do think you have retrogade alopecia, given that the hair above the ear does look thin, same for the nape hair. Regarding hair systems I wouldn't know.

So, you're right about it "not being ordinary male pattern baldness," but it is not out of the ordinary either. Look it up, retrogade alopecia.

Amadeus

Reaction score
Retrogade Alopecia huh?? It gets better and better... :p
Well, the possibilities seem to narrow down I am afraid...

Maybe a "high and tight" haircut would cover this retrogade nightmare, but I don't know whether its possible to wear a hair system with litte to no hair on the sides?

What about this haircut: is it possible with a high end hair system?
short-spiky-army-haircut-2016-450x600.jpg

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
It might work, but I just don't know enough (barely anything actually) regarding hair pieces, hair systems etc. Unfortunately I can't help you with that.

Coincidentally however, I asked a question earlier today about retrogade alopecia and hair systems (what are the odds) and another forum member answered that question.

See this link post 58 (post number can be seen at the top right corner of every message): http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/98327-My-experience-with-a-wig/page6

He (shookwun) answered that question on the next page.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm so scared that my sides will also thin like that.

I'll only have temporary SMP to be saved then.

SMP isn't a viable option either. I mean hair systems aren't and SMP is even less than that. You don't even get hair from it at all.

As I do have very thin sides too, I am not a candidate for hair transplants. I think at 21 my sides were too thin to go for a hair transplant. In fact, my hair at the top looks better than the sides lol.

It's ridiculous how much can change in just two f*cking years of male pattern baldness.

shookwun

Reaction score
I don't think a hair system will blend in well with sides this thin.

Would need extra light density, and that's a maybe....

Might need a fullcap

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Amadeus

Your right side seems to be further gone than your left side. To be honest, I don't think you have enough side hair to manage with an ordinary topper. If you are willing to go for a light density and receded look, you could probably get by with a large topper with temple "wings". It would be almost like a full cap, but you would use your natural sideburns and your hair at the back.

Noah

Nicokrell

Reaction score
guys why we never see a before and after pictures of your hair pieces.. Ill be so glad if you guys share it... :heart:

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I will turn 34 in July and lost my hair in my very early twenties.
During military service at age 22, I shaved it all off and kept it that way ever since.
It was (is) not exactly lovely but I managed to get along with it.

Sick and tired of having exactly the same look for the past 12 years however, two weeks ago I decided to give a so called hair system
a try. As a consequence I started to let my hair grow wondering how its gonna look (I havent seen my hair for the past 12 years) and -
it somehow looks disturbing to me like there is something seriously not OK, like its not just ordinary male pattern baldness.

I am gonna show this to a dermatologist but thats another topic.
Concerning with the mentioned hairsystem I am starting to heavily doubt, whether such a hair system could improve my looks after all
as my remaining hair on the sides and on the back of my head look somehow extremely thinned in my opinion :-(

I showed it to the guys selling the hair system and they ensured that its not gonna be a problem. They said, as hair grow longer
it will look normal. I am not that confident - and I am not in the mood for some thinned out hair on my head. I want a full head of hair
or have it shaved down completely - there is no middle ground for me!

What do you guys think? Please be dead honest and do not try to be nice or something. I need to make a decision (whether to give a
hair system a shot or not) and its hard to make the right decision based on false intel, so please be honest whatever there is to come! ;-)

I also posted a picture of me (sorry for the sunglasses but it is a topic I do not feel particularly comfortable with), so
you can see how I look bottom shaved without a hair system!

Best regards
Anonymous

P.S.
I have seen some full cap hair pieces, does anyone have experience with such a one?

View attachment 39853View attachment 39854View attachment 39855View attachment 39856View attachment 39857View attachment 39858View attachment 39859View attachment 39860

Well damn I think I have retrograde alopecia as well :/

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I think I may be heading toward this thin sides and as receded nape as well. How about long hair that would cover up the nape recession and NW2 hairline to accompany the temple recession?