Very Low Igf-1 And Impact On Hairloss/hair Growth

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight on this? I posted in anti-androgen forum as I assume it is hormone related.

had IGF-1 rested again as a lean, muscular paleo 43 year on treatments and the number came it at 60 on a reference ranged of 75-320.

I’m panicked and have yet to talk with my doctor but the number is suboptimal for an 80 year old man. I had this done when the hairloss started and ignored it at the time. Was still low 70.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight on this? I posted in anti-androgen forum as I assume it is hormone related.

had IGF-1 rested again as a lean, muscular paleo 43 year on treatments and the number came it at 60 on a reference ranged of 75-320.

I’m panicked and have yet to talk with my doctor but the number is suboptimal for an 80 year old man. I had this done when the hairloss started and ignored it at the time. Was still low 70.
I had mine tested when I first started thyroid treatment and my IGF-1 levels were sky high. My doctor was worried I might have a pituitary tumor so I had an MRI and it was normal.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this or injected Peptides to raise IGF-1? Alternative is HGH but very $$$.

my hair is diffused beyond repair from 6 months ago and nothing has slowed down the miniaturization.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can increase GH and therefore IGF-1 by taking mk-677 orally, but you shoudnt take it all the time but rather on/off. People with IGF-1 deficiency like dwarfism have thinner hair so IGF-1 might have impact

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have have read a few links but haven’t found anything to suggest increased IFG causes loss seems like most research points to helping inflammation, calcification, and is lower when DHT is higher?

share if you have any links. I’m going to try and raise IGF-1 but it seems there are different types?

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone you probably should retest your igf-1 levels just to get a confirmation that its low. Test levels in general can vary by a wide margin depending on a lot of factors. If you confirm that your levels are low you may benefit from micro needling as it increases stem cell production. I've personally tried mk677 as a solo treatment, no finasteride or minoxidil and it was excellent for hair/skin but its not a long term solution as it has sides. Best option if you verify you have low igf-1 is to cycle a few compounds and see if you notice a difference.

If you do something to increase your igf-1 levels without suppressing internal androgens, aka finasteride or dutasteride then your hair will probably going to be worse off long term because your increasing overall anabolic activity in the body. You want to increase igf-1 on the scalp while decreasing dht on the scap.

Coq10- im currently trying
Astaxanthin -im going to try
Mod-GRF-im going to try
Ipamorelin -im going to try
Mk677 5mg to 20 mg daily. i've taken, I plan on trying mk677 again at some point at a lower dose. I took 20mg daily and I could NOT stop f*****g eating now matter what I did. I gained like 25lbs in 2 months.

Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll keep you posted. I might try straight HGH.

I have increased my overall androgen profile in response to Finasteride sides and it’s really destroying my hair. I was told HCG was hair safe and it just isn’t.

Back to the same fucked up choice people that fight via anti androgens face. Save hair at the cost of health and we’ll being.

If I was getting results from the Topical Finasteride and now RU combination I’d feel better about managing sides. At this point I’ve had the worse outcome from all new meds including induction sheds that NEVER recover.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll keep you posted. I might try straight HGH.

I have increased my overall androgen profile in response to Finasteride sides and it’s really destroying my hair. I was told HCG was hair safe and it just isn’t.

Back to the same fucked up choice people that fight via anti androgens face. Save hair at the cost of health and we’ll being.

If I was getting results from the Topical Finasteride and now RU combination I’d feel better about managing sides. At this point I’ve had the worse outcome from all new meds including induction sheds that NEVER recover.

Im sorry to hear. It seems like when we try to fight our hairloss our bodies fight back.

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone I’ve cycled hcg a few times and it was terrible for my hair. Insurance companies should cover our expenses, hairloss is brutal.

Reactions: KSA

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone I’ve cycled hcg a few times and it was terrible for my hair. Insurance companies should cover our expenses, hairloss is brutal.

waiiiit I thought peptides were good for hair. You just said MK-677 was good for your skin and hair short term(?) I do take finasteride and min — but HCG wrecks hair? Or does it help? I’m about to start Ipamorelin which is a milder Mk-677

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure about peptides I have been told HGH and peptides are positive.

HCG stimulates testosterone production and this can make male pattern baldness worse.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

HCG stimulates testosterone production and this can make male pattern baldness worse.
I thought you were side free on finasteride, how bad are the sides if you are willing to open up about that?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Weaker EQ, mood swings/depression
I think your depression( and as mentioned suicidal thoughts) is more from the fact that you still continue to lose hair and don't have the same pristine hair you had a few years ago as opposed to being a side effect from finasteride. Maybe your struggle to hold on to your youth comes with some consequences. I was well aware of this before I dabbled in any hair loss treatments. I was willing to suffer the consequences. I definitely would never cross the line and use HCG even though after seeing your physique it's tempting. I think that might be your problem especially since you have a thyroid condition on top of that. But if I am being honest, I know the real cause in your case is just age and genetics. Two components working against you. Once you realize that you are doing well above average amongst your peers, your depression might just lessen.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record my physique was better before Finasteride/HCG or any of this nightmare. Whereas now I limit work outs I used to run daily, swim/bike often. Once the hair started falling out I stopped almost all of it because I wash my hair once a week and loose 600 hairs when a I do. I’m clearly miniaturized everywhere and fast.

2 doctors noted my low IGF1. They thought it could be treats with peptides. I also read my diet could play a role as I’m a pretty clean eater. I have been drinking way more than normal for the last few years.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ahhh, thank you for clarifying. I've been meaning to try Ipamorelin and CJC - a significantly milder alternative to MK677. I'm scared it will worsen my shedding. I've read conflicting information about HGH and IGF-1 on hair loss.
Also @bluecyclone I've followed your story for a while, and I hope you recover soon.
I'd recommend a trichogram -lets see if your regrowth is coming in healthy or miniaturized. This may give you a better idea of whats going on. Also, oral min made me shed a lot too when I took it. It has that tendency, but you have to stay consistent with it despite the anxiety and push.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man. Good luck with the peptides. It is a new medical realm with those, I don’t know much but from most accounts any growth hormone promoter should assist hair cell growth.

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this or injected Peptides to raise IGF-1? Alternative is HGH but very $$$.

my hair is diffused beyond repair from 6 months ago and nothing has slowed down the miniaturization.

Surprisingly intermittent fasting increases HGH a ton. Also oral gaba supplementation increases HGH