Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thickening of skin from nicroneedling is from upregulation of collagen which isn't a bad thing. Slick bald areas have thinner skin due to fibrosis and collagen loss
Thought the opposite- thick skin with calcification and fibrosis, thin and flexible where no loss occurs. ?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guess I can't get an answer to my question. What a bunch of unfriendly snobs
Dude, everyone has their own life to live, with their sh*t sack of problems. You're not special. Here's a novel idea... if nobody responded.... ask again! not that hard.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any danger of mixing low level light therapy (LLLT) for hair loss with microneedling? I'm thinking of adding LLLT... not on the same night as MN... i'm assuming wait 2 or 3 days after? would that still be too soon?

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You're doing yourself a disservice, and even harm. As you can see, Dr pen and all those Chinese made devices scratch and scar your skin, vs the derminator that actually punctures it.
Don't drag the Dr. Pen then, use it like a stamp. Like @hairDespair said, the Derminator just fires slower. I would rather save a lot of money and not have to deal with the weird guy who pretends to be Sarah Vaughter and just bans people for no reason (happened to me), threatens to dox them and breaks EU law.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly this whole micro needling and minoxidil stuff is really letting me down. I don't see sh*t in regrowth, after over a year. I'm maintaining, however, i do believe i am now thinning more in some areas. this is starting to piss me off. All these people with results... i don't get it. i'm doing needling once every 2 weeks. i think i'll up it to once a week.

Nanoxidil doesn't work. I used nanoxidil (Reviv Serums) for 2.5 years with needling and just slowly lost density. Waste of 50 bucks a month. Overpriced plebbit science jargon. The studies all show marginal density improvement that's probably ephemeral and too small to notice in real life. Seeing as nothing works, the entire paradigmatic approach is wrong. It's not as simple as 'block DHT then stimulate growth.' That doesn't f*****g work, simple as. We all know it.

I have had FUE so I have a good hairline and am slowly moving towards being uniformly diffuse all over the top. Another surgery is on the horizon.

Nanoxidil???? First time i hear of this. ahem::::

1. why isn't everyone using this?
2. is it FDA approved?
3. does it work better?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not as simple as 'block DHT then stimulate growth.' That doesn't f*****g work, simple as. We all know it.

You can chemically castrate a guy and it will only regrow mild/moderate amounts of hair.

Taking high oral doses of the 5ar drugs is asking for major side effect problems, but plenty of guys who were desperate for hair regrowth have tried it. It blocks follicle DHT pretty damn well. It still does not regrow a lot of lost hair.

Androgen blocking is only a loss reduction method, not a regrowth method. This was known many years ago. It's one of those things that is perpetually being re-learned as the generations of forum members switch over.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the share.

I’m not sure you can legitimately compare puncturing a banana to your skin and how your skin heals.

I think the latest science (probably more like latest research) says we want to go for more of a burn.

The other thing to bare in mind is the derminator sucked to use and doesn’t puncture your skill fast enough with enough puncture wounds to create the type of healing we want.

The other thing to consider is that the Dr Pen has thousands of testimonials. Sooooo yeah who knows.

Either way thank you for the share :)

Also, who says 'scratching' the skin with fine needles isn't contributing to the efficacious growth response? No one knows whether it is or not. You're acutely damaging the skin either way. One looks cleaner than the other, but are the same tool, and either one appears to heal equally well.

Nevertheless I'm pretty sure the slowest pen setting is the most effective at penetration because it hurts a lot more. You can feel it has more of a stamping effect and I bet you can travel at a steady speed with that and get similar results to the Derminator. On full speed, behind my frontal region I can go 2.5 indefinitely. It doesn't hurt at all. It does hurt in the front and the upper temples at any speed or depth, because there's more nerve input there. But in any region, the slower speed feels more penetrative and effective. I guess if the follica method based on quantity of hole and shallow depth (and little discomfort) hasn't worked in a year, try the slower stamping method

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's up?! Do we all have our hair back yet?
I stopped for months because my fiancée and I had twins. Dermarolling wasn't exactly a priority and I have lost some hair.

The difference is pretty crazy when I look at photos from 18 months or so ago but I'm nowhere near back to square one yet.

I have stopped before and lost hair but it came back quickly when I started again.

We are getting married in April so I intend to start again.

Serpico

Reaction score
Is there a way to see all of the posts in this thread where people have posted pictures without having to search each page manually? Very hard to see the forest from the trees.

Perhaps I should get a webscraper extension.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a way to see all of the posts in this thread where people have posted pictures without having to search each page manually? Very hard to see the forest from the trees.

Perhaps I should get a webscraper extension.

I created this separate thread summarizing photo results... also including other sources like the tressless subreddit and also youtube:

That was current up to Page 391, back in 2019. I haven't been around these parts since Covid hit... never updated it since then. I did it all manually back then, but it would be good to get some automation to pull photos from page 392 until today if you're willing. I put a ton of effort into documenting people's regimens back then as well... not as easily automated as scraping photos. Though, any contribution is welcome.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped for months because my fiancée and I had twins. Dermarolling wasn't exactly a priority and I have lost some hair.

The difference is pretty crazy when I look at photos from 18 months or so ago but I'm nowhere near back to square one yet.

I have stopped before and lost hair but it came back quickly when I started again.

We are getting married in April so I intend to start again.

Congratulations! (On both the fiancee and the twins!).

I fell off the microneedling wagon around when Covid hit. Looking back at my progress pics, I wish I hadn't quit... but life got weird and busy. That said, I look forward to starting up again as it was a real difference maker. It was easy to incorporate into my routine, until the pandemic hit, family at home for remote school, wife out of work, moved parent into long term care and had to clean/renovate/sell their house, etc. Life happened, and it was easier to put a hat on and move on with life.