Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've never seen sh*t either. I just started trying to apply some min to the corners and then needle over that to see if some can get absorbed better

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so... after 4.5 months of weekly needling at 1.25mm and minoxidil every night... i have to say... I HAVEN'T GROWN sh*t. I don't understand all these posts of people with regrowth... are they doctored images??? I MAY have gotten some thickness in some areas. But the huge bald spots are still there. it looks like sh*t, it feels like sh*t.
For me, it doesn't work on the most hairless areas. It works best where there's some hair. (Doing it at 1.0mm, and at the end of the session switching to 1.2mm (to compensate because the Derminator gets a bit clogged with blood and detritus). As for the intensity, it's usually three or four days before the crust comes off.)

Reaction score
so... after 4.5 months of weekly needling at 1.25mm and minoxidil every night... i have to say... I HAVEN'T GROWN sh*t. I don't understand all these posts of people with regrowth... are they doctored images??? I MAY have gotten some thickness in some areas. But the huge bald spots are still there. it looks like sh*t, it feels like sh*t.

I think it really all comes down to whether you're minoxidil responder or not. If you are, needling will help. If you're not, needling won't do jack s*
Didn't do anything for me as far as regrowth goes. Just like minoxidil never did.

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, I was on the "trust the science" bandwagon for a while with religious Follica frequency but it just won't work as good as weekly. And there is so many people reporting the same to the point 1x/weekly has become mainstream and not Follica.

I guess self-microneedling is not really comparable to in-clinic Follica and the bad quality of self-treatment is compensated by doubling frequency. Thats the only logical explanation.
How many pins do the cartridges that you use have? 16?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I threw my derminator in the bin. It was a pain to use and I hated that it was plugged in.

I used to needle on fast at 1.5 and my head would be a bloody mess.

I’m now using the Dr Pen, the cartridge has more needles, and I’m using it at 1.5 depth and it doesn’t hurt as much or bleed. Rather it feels more like a burn.

Does anybody else relate to this?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a Derminator 2 at 1.0mm now, used to do 1.5-2.0 but changed to lower based on some of the other studies. Using at at medium speed. No standing blood, more like if you get a rash or scratch but no oozing. After about 4 hours it's just a little pink erythema. In 24 hrs you can't tell anything was done, but it is a bit tender still when rubbing topicals on. No pain at all because I use a topical anesthetic on scalp for about 30-45 minutes, wash it off, quick mild alcohol wipe, then microneedle.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d Google it. Everybody here will have an opinion / different experience.

I would normally replace cartridges after 4 or 5 uses. That’s the good thing with the electric stamps.

Kamil Wachnik

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d Google it. Everybody here will have an opinion / different experience.

I would normally replace cartridges after 4 or 5 uses. That’s the good thing with the electric stamps.
That's dermaroller with titanium needles and it's non replacable catridge.

creatinemonster

Reaction score
I threw my derminator in the bin. It was a pain to use and I hated that it was plugged in.

I used to needle on fast at 1.5 and my head would be a bloody mess.

I’m now using the Dr Pen, the cartridge has more needles, and I’m using it at 1.5 depth and it doesn’t hurt as much or bleed. Rather it feels more like a burn.

Does anybody else relate to this?

You're doing yourself a disservice, and even harm. As you can see, Dr pen and all those Chinese made devices scratch and scar your skin, vs the derminator that actually punctures it.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But the derminator fires slower, so it doesn't punch as many holes when dragging. If it were sped up, it would look similar to the other pens

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

You're doing yourself a disservice, and even harm. As you can see, Dr pen and all those Chinese made devices scratch and scar your skin, vs the derminator that actually punctures it.
Thanks for the share.

I’m not sure you can legitimately compare puncturing a banana to your skin and how your skin heals.

I think the latest science (probably more like latest research) says we want to go for more of a burn.

The other thing to bare in mind is the derminator sucked to use and doesn’t puncture your skill fast enough with enough puncture wounds to create the type of healing we want.

The other thing to consider is that the Dr Pen has thousands of testimonials. Sooooo yeah who knows.

Either way thank you for the share :)

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My Dr Pen has 6 speeds. At high speeds you can't drive, there will be a bloody streak, at low speeds there is no problem.
I personally drive with a breakaway.