Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah with Dr Pen I only start seeing serious regrowth (and noticeable pretty fast) when I go absolute ogre mode lol. If I try to mimick what Follica is supposed to be I just mantain for the most part.

After all they have been researching and perfecting their patented device for almost a decade... I doubt this chinese pens or Derminator (company managed by a crazy bipolar dude) + self administration is 1:1 comparable at all
Derminator is probably pretty close, but it takes a half our of needling to get the right density with that. I haven't needled in so long I can't even remember if I got best results from a half or nearly a full hour

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree, I was on the "trust the science" bandwagon for a while with religious Follica frequency but it just won't work as good as weekly. And there is so many people reporting the same to the point 1x/weekly has become mainstream and not Follica.

I guess self-microneedling is not really comparable to in-clinic Follica and the bad quality of self-treatment is compensated by doubling frequency. Thats the only logical explanation.
You ever stop to think that Foilica maybe doing their treatments every two weeks because customers may get tired of going in and paying every week for treatments . Going every week would get very expensive .

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You ever stop to think that Foilica maybe doing their treatments every two weeks because customers may get tired of going in and paying every week for treatments . Going every week would get very expensive .
No, they tested every 1, 2 and 4 weeks in double blind and concluded 2 weeks is best based on that research without influence of commercial method.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
Derminator is probably pretty close, but it takes a half our of needling to get the right density with that. I haven't needled in so long I can't even remember if I got best results from a half or nearly a full hour

How bad was butchering your scalp with the Derminator? Is numbing cream necessary?

Years ago, I tried needling at 1.5mm with a roller once a week. This was when the Dhurat study came out. I didn't see much regrowth and forgot about it.

About 3 months ago, after seeing the Follica thread, I started up again with a 1mm roller once a week and it seems to be working, even my wife--who could care less about my hair--commented.

Maybe I'm getting greedy, but I've wondered whether it's worth going wild with a Derminator set at .75mm or 1 mm every two weeks.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds extremely bizarre that dermarolling works at 1.0mm but not 1.5mm tbh. There is an obvious overlap on both wounding methods. (1.5mm still goes at least 1mm deep)

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds extremely bizarre that dermarolling works at 1.0mm but not 1.5mm tbh. There is an obvious overlap on both wounding methods. (1.5mm still goes at least 1mm deep)
I'm not saying it didn't work at 1.5 mm. I just didn't see the insane regrowth shown in the Dhurat study in 12 weeks and gave up. Back then, the expectations for results were probably too high; a lot of members probably stopped too early.

I'm also older and more patient now.

How painful is the Derminator at .75 or 1 mm?

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying it didn't work at 1.5 mm. I just didn't see the insane regrowth shown in the Dhurat study in 12 weeks and gave up. Back then, the expectations for results were probably too high; a lot of members probably stopped too early.

I'm also older and more patient now.

How painful is the Derminator at .75 or 1 mm?
The more I'm thinking about this--this was probably eight years ago?--a lot of us got impatient. A couple users here started a separate forum, StopAga. They thought if 1.5 mm was good, 3.0 mm would be better. If mild erythema was good, full on geysers of blood would be better--one dude posted after-rolling pics looking like a scene from an Eli Roth movie. Posters added pge2, a .5 mm roller on off days, and all sorts of nonsense to accelerate the process. In short, we did stupid sh*t.

A few of the success stories in this thread involve guys who stuck to the original protocol for six months or a year before noticing any improvement. This, obviously, is the smart, grown-up way of doing things.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The more I'm thinking about this--this was probably eight years ago?--a lot of us got impatient. A couple users here started a separate forum, StopAga. They thought if 1.5 mm was good, 3.0 mm would be better. If mild erythema was good, full on geysers of blood would be better--one dude posted after-rolling pics looking like a scene from an Eli Roth movie. Posters added pge2, a .5 mm roller on off days, and all sorts of nonsense to accelerate the process. In short, we did stupid sh*t.

A few of the success stories in this thread involve guys who stuck to the original protocol for six months or a year before noticing any improvement. This, obviously, is the smart, grown-up way of doing things.
Yeah one point in favour of shorter needle + derma pens vs roller is that it is significantly less painful so people will adhere to treatment much more consistently.

Derma Pens enter the scalp vertically and rollers in diagonal with tearing, so thats why roller is much more painful than pen. I recommend switching to pen if you have pain tolerance issues. It takes longer though.

Chris-lee09

Reaction score
Hi bein dermarolling for awhile now not any results really i just do it to hope that it maintains or slows it down,i have bein getting wart type lumps on my scalp has anyone else had this?its worrying me

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi bein dermarolling for awhile now not any results really i just do it to hope that it maintains or slows it down,i have bein getting wart type lumps on my scalp has anyone else had this?its worrying me
Needling causes micro scarring in the long run and thickening of the skin, listen to Kevin man. Needling wont work without minoxidill anyway. U Will find more stories like this on reddit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-13-01-45-31-959_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-13-01-45-31-959_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 386
  • Screenshot_2022-07-13-01-49-25-157_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-13-01-49-25-157_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thickening of skin from nicroneedling is from upregulation of collagen which isn't a bad thing. Slick bald areas have thinner skin due to fibrosis and collagen loss

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Study July 2022

Effects of microneedling with 5% minoxidil topical solution combination therapy in treatment of androgenetic alopecia​

Conclusion: The combination of the length of 1.5 mm MN and 5% minoxidil in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia showed efficacy with high safety, which is worthy of clinical application.​