Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but Follicla tested this extensively and concluded once every 14 days is better so idk. I believe "standarized" science for every human is retarded anyway. Start your own clinical trial on yourself and be flexible to adapt is the way. Every human reacts different.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but Follicla tested this extensively and concluded once every 14 days is better so idk. I believe "standarized" science for every human is retarded anyway. Start your own clinical trial on yourself and be flexible to adapt is the way. Every human reacts different.
I think it has to do with the fact that our at-home needling is not accurate at all. Follica does it accurately, so they only have to punch your scalp once every 2 weeks. We're just eyeballing it.. so to catch up to Follica's results, it has to be done a little more frequently... once per week.

Reactions: 300

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the fact that our at-home needling is not accurate at all. Follica does it accurately, so they only have to punch your scalp once every 2 weeks. We're just eyeballing it.. so to catch up to Follica's results, it has to be done a little more frequently... once per week.
Maybe,hair growing takes place only through the healing proccess?As someone said,everyone is different.There are reports of people doing it every day and they experienced results,but they went as deep as .5mm. Others buchered their scalps, but they did it once a week and they went deeper.Maybe the time period is the sweet spot and not the depth of the wound?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I guess self-needling myself with a shitty chinese pen can't be compared with the accuracy of in-clinic follicla treatments done by an agent so thats why im seeing much better results with higher frequency. Even with Follicla method every 14 days was only slightly better than 1x week though.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the time period is the sweet spot and not the depth of the wound?

If only we could convince a commercial research outfit to spend years figuring out the most effective depth & timing & density . . . .

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
T
That should be Follica level density if you're using the fastest setting. I use a D2 for a half hour(D2 doesn't go as fast as M8 so more time is required for the same number of needle strikes), and it leaves significant erythema and slight pinpoint bleeding. I use a depth of 1mm because I have hair in the way. After the first couple times doing this I shed like never before and soon after I had tons of regrowth. I've always suspected that the Dr Pens have trouble reaching the set depth as they have less power than the D2 yet they oscillate much faster. At those speeds I don't think it's actually penetrating to the depth that it should. At 1.5mm you might only being 1mm, so perhaps you're only now following the Follica protocol. This is why I stick with the D2 despite the relatively low speed. I know exactly how many needle strikes I'm getting and at what depth.

I don't think the time it takes to heal is a good indicator. It doesn't take long for my scalp to feel fine after these mega sessions. 24 hours or so and all the redness and pain is gone. The wound healing happens beneath the surface, week where you can't see it. Ideally you want to heal faster.
Tons of regrowth of the hair you shedded yep makes sense lol.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If only we could convince a commercial research outfit to spend years figuring out the most effective depth & timing & density . . . .
But then again how about the people who are not responders to min.Would they respond to min and needling together?Thats a big question mark.
Maybe for them people is futile.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-11-18-23-25-777_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-11-18-23-25-777_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 388

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Trying to find out how long I should needle for but not really finding out.

I have a 1mm dermastamp ( 140 needles) I'm going over the affected area behind my left temple which has been thinning inwards for years. I'm doing about 3 or 4 passes which only take a minute or 2 but pressing quite hard. There will be small spots of blood on the stamp after and on my head but nothing serious. Scalp seems to recover within a day. Doing this once a week after shower. Judging by some posters they are doing a lot more passes on the same area when they needle, and a doing it for like 10 mins. Can anyone advise me how much to do.

Pic of the area I'm working

Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20220612-151757_Chrome.jpg

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read Follica patent and studies if you want to know exact holes per cm2 needed based on their research.

In the end most people end up with their own regime based on feelings so there isn't a definitive answer.

As long as its along these lines you are fine : "make enough wounds covering the whole affected area causing erythema and pin point bleeding at least once every 7-14x days and apply minoxidil at least 12 hours after"

Gardy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I have been needling my scalp with Derminator for 6 months now. Every week, 1,5-2,00mm depth. minoxidil once or twice per day. Fina and Duta too, once per day either the one or the other.
Unfortunately I can't report any results. Maintaining I guess. But no regrowth.
Sometimes I think of the Chen's results in this thread from a few yrs back. He got it with needling every day, 0,5mm. If I continue not seeing results in the next few months with this regime, I will give 0.5mm every day a go.
The only regret I have is not taking finasteride in my early 20s, instead I waited and started in mid 20s. Few years lost during which my hairloss was fast and furious.
There is only so much time you can waste before your can't make your lost hair regrow. That's the biggest concern I have.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I have been needling my scalp with Derminator for 6 months now. Every week, 1,5-2,00mm depth. minoxidil once or twice per day. Fina and Duta too, once per day either the one or the other.
Sometimes I think of the Chen's results in this thread from a few yrs back. He got it with needling every day, 0,5mm. If I continue not seeing results in the next few months with this regime, I will give 0.5mm every day a go.
The only regret I have is not taking finasteride in my early 20s, instead I waited and started in mid 20s. Few years lost during which my hairloss was fast and furious.
There is only so much time you can waste before your can't make your lost hair regrow. That's the biggest concern I have.
It's supposed to be done every 2 weeks at 0.8 to 1mm depth. 1200-1600 needle strikes/cm2. Follica did all the studies to determine what works best yet no one wants to do it

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly Chen regimen was so extreme that his wounds are literally always open, which would essentially turn Topical Minoxidil into Oral Minoxidil via increased systemic absorption, so im not too sure at which point it is because needling or increased serum minoxidil.

Nothing to lose from trying it tho, make sure to report results if you do pls!

Last edited:

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's supposed to be done every 2 weeks at 0.8 to 1mm depth. 1200-1600 needle strikes/cm2. Follica did all the studies to determine what works best yet no one wants to do it
I agree, I was on the "trust the science" bandwagon for a while with religious Follica frequency but it just won't work as good as weekly. And there is so many people reporting the same to the point 1x/weekly has become mainstream and not Follica.

I guess self-microneedling is not really comparable to in-clinic Follica and the bad quality of self-treatment is compensated by doubling frequency. Thats the only logical explanation.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, I was on the "trust the science" bandwagon for a while with religious Follica frequency but it just won't work as good as weekly. And there is so many people reporting the same to the point 1x/weekly has become mainstream and not Follica.

I guess self-microneedling is not really comparable to in-clinic Follica and the bad quality of self-treatment is compensated by doubling frequency. Thats the only logical explanation.
My guess is you're right, what they are doing is just not comparable. I absolutely butchered my scalp and 2 weeks worked very well. If you're not destroying every inch of your scalp then once a week is probably better.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah with Dr Pen I only start seeing serious regrowth (and noticeable pretty fast) when I go absolute ogre mode lol. If I try to mimick what Follica is supposed to be I just mantain for the most part.

After all they have been researching and perfecting their patented device for almost a decade... I doubt this chinese pens or Derminator (company managed by a crazy bipolar dude) + self administration is 1:1 comparable at all