Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been going a bit deeper lately, 1.25mm, but I will go back to 1mm.
I had a professional microneedling session done to my face yesterday, and when the woman looked at my scalp she said that my skin had not entirely healed yet from when I microneedled almost two weeks ago. She stressed the importance of letting your skin fully heal before you start disrupting it again, and she thought it’s not necessary to go deeper than 1mm.

Funny thing: I have been getting remarks about my hair colour lately - that the colour is richer and warmer than before. Three different people have complimented me on it and think that I am dying it a different colour. I dye my hair to give it more volume, but have not changed the colour. So it must be that my hair texture has changed, and that the hair is taking up the dye differently.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone following the Follica Protocol?

1mm every 2 weeks, 1600~ strikes per square centimeter?
Kind of. I haven't done any math to know the rough movement speed I should be doing at my pen's frequency but I use a length between 0.75mm and 1mm and aim for wound density.

I think most people who needle do this protocol now as it's the only one that a company has invested millions into and is trying to monetize.

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just trying to understand it, Dr Pen's lowest settings (A6, A7, M8) is like 8000 or so rpms which equates to 133 oscillations, correct?

If we are using 12 needle cartridges thats 12 x 133 = 1596 strikes per second. So we move about 1 cm per second.

The article summary of the article, given by benjt2, says to move 2 cm per second.

So if I have the oscillations conversion from RPM correct, then if we have a 12pin Dr Pen on a setting of 8000 RPM then we should aim for between 1-2 seconds per cm and then we are following the protocol fairly well, correct?

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ahh, I forgot to mention the article prefers 2 passes, so thats why you can do 1 pass at 1cm/sec or 2 passes at 2cm/s.

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
And how does the forum feel about 1.0mm?

Previous studies done showed 1.5mm, it was also the magic number that everyone used to go by.

How do we feel about it now compared to 1.0mm?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And how does the forum feel about 1.0mm?

Previous studies done showed 1.5mm, it was also the magic number that everyone used to go by.

How do we feel about it now compared to 1.0mm?

In the Dhurat study they used a 1.5mm derma roller. Follica used a needling device set at a depth of 1mm.

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just got my M8 today.

Took my photos and then used the pen.

Went 1mm, 2 passes. Trying to replicate Follica's Protocol. once, every 2 weeks.

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
I set my pen to lowest speed which is still 8000 rpm. I am using 16 needles instead of 12. I think that should be ok.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the settings for using a derpamen (Dr. Pen) on our face?

0.5mm? 0.75?
I had my face microneedled by a professional last week and she used different settings for different areas. She started at 0.25, and went deeper if my skin did not react. She ended up doing 0.50 for most areas. My face looked very sunburnt afterwards. When I got back home my boss called me via Teams and I could not turn on the camera :)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the settings for using a derpamen (Dr. Pen) on our face?

0.5mm? 0.75?

Years ago i used a 1.5mm manual stamp once a month for forehead lines and they were completely gone within 6 months, they are just now starting to come back, so i started again only this time with a dr pen and not a manual stamp. The results in regards to wrinkles last years and years from my experience.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Years ago i used a 1.5mm manual stamp once a month for forehead lines and they were completely gone within 6 months, they are just now starting to come back, so i started again only this time with a dr pen and not a manual stamp. The results in regards to wrinkles last years and years from my experience.
How long did it take to see results?

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, been doing the procedure for a while. Now that we’re getting closer to the summer, I’ve been thinking about sun exposure after microneedling.
I read in a post here that it should be avoided during 4 days after the procedure, but I’d like to know what the consensus is.

I was even considering stopping the treatment altogether just because of that, as sometimes I want to be outside without a hat and couldn’t because my skin was still slightly red