Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Ramsey A.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling and minoxidil does work ..however some spots on my scalp are showing better results than other spots ...and I have no idea why is that happening

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling and minoxidil does work ..however some spots on my scalp are showing better results than other spots ...and I have no idea why is that happening
Are you still needling every week at a setting between 0.5 and 1.0?

No me la contes Rey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. I started both microneedling and dutasteride mesotherapy two months ago. Minoxidil, while never gave me any considerable regrowth (if any at all), maintained what I had for almost four years, but in 2020 I started to lose ground as I wasn't in any AA treatment I guess. After a terrible shed when my hairline was getting destroyed, hairs are growing much thicker in the temples, and even vellus hair appeared where my original hairline was. I had a buzzcut recently so I really can't tell progress of the rest on the scalp, but I suppose it is happening too.

The thing is that I know that both are controversial treatments since their effectivity is quite discussed here, but with this I can make sure one, if not both, are working.

Background: balding since 16, started minoxidil at 18, now about to turn 23. Diffuse thinner, probably DUPA.

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished my first session. Wondering if I did this correctly lol.

Did ~5 or so minutes with an m8 16 needle cartridge at 0.85 depth. Didn't press crazy hard into my head or anything. Honestly it wasn't that painful? Like a 3.5/10 on the temples and it was actually more like a massage towards the back of my head. No blood, just redness and a slight stinging afterwards.

Should I be in more discomfort? Lol. Trying to follow Follica protocol but I'm wondering if I need to up the length or time

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been meaning to ask this. Does anyone else get a lot of flaking? I only do 1mm at most, and have been trying to be a bit more aggressive as an experiment, but I flake up in the hairline pretty bad around 3 or 4 days after

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recognize the guy from an earlier 6 months update he posted on Reddit, great results.

EMILIO CHESSA

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello...hi I would like some advice on dermapen ... I'm undecided dermapen a6 or dermapen m8? dermapen m8 tell me it holds thinner needles is this a problem? thank you

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished my first session. Wondering if I did this correctly lol.
Should I be in more discomfort? Lol. Trying to follow Follica protocol but I'm wondering if I need to up the length or time
I don't think you'll get enough wounds in 5 minutes unless you're just going for the hairline. I do a minimum of 30 minutes.
At that depth it shouldn't be too painful but ymmv.

Been meaning to ask this. Does anyone else get a lot of flaking? I only do 1mm at most, and have been trying to be a bit more aggressive as an experiment, but I flake up in the hairline pretty bad around 3 or 4 days after
Yes it flakes a few days after wounding it's just a normal healing response.

Hello...hi I would like some advice on dermapen ... I'm undecided dermapen a6 or dermapen m8? dermapen m8 tell me it holds thinner needles is this a problem? thank you
Thinner needles are better especially if trying the Follica protocol. I use and recommend the M8 wireless.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont get why ppl get excited from hyper responder of minoxidil in 90% of the cases they lose the gains so fast while being even on finasteride.

minoxidil is gains goes quick as they come

EMILIO CHESSA

My Regimen
Reaction score
Non capisco perché le persone si eccitino a causa dell'iper responder del minoxidil nel 90% dei casi perdono i guadagni così velocemente pur essendo anche su finasteride.

il minoxidil è i guadagni che vanno veloci man mano che vengono
ovviamente ! smettila di dire sciocchezze perché non è come dici tu! essere ben informati prima di dire certe cose!

EMILIO CHESSA

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you'll get enough wounds in 5 minutes unless you're just going for the hairline. I do a minimum of 30 minutes.
At that depth it shouldn't be too painful but ymmv.

Yes it flakes a few days after wounding it's just a normal healing response.

Thinner needles are better especially if trying the Follica protocol. I use and recommend the M8 wireless.
speed? and what kind of needles? 11 or 16?

winbutler91

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I am seeing improvement. A bunch of new vellus hairs have appeared on my problem area. I am 100% sure that these are new, but I am unsure if these can transform to stronger terminal hair. Can anyone here who have experience with this give their thoughts?

Last edited:

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes and its bloody annoying...

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anybody able to open this article?
Thanks!

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anybody able to open this article?
Thanks!