Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Hairguy4756

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some are trying to sell something, others do that just for the sake of getting internet attention. On Reddit people pretend to have terminal cancer so they can earn "karma points".

The very person that was the motivation for the creation of this thread (he is on the first post) had a scalp full of concealers:

View attachment 155081

Please tell us the time stamps on this 13 minutes of 1080p video of wet, combed, and microneedled hair you see the hair fiber concealers ?

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it happen to anyone else that the gains in the hairline area look uneven and it can make you look a bit worse than before sometimes?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a reason most people seem to use the 12 pin for dermapens over the 36 or 42? The more pins the better?

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what percentage tretinoin?
Less than 0.01% I've just added tret gel to a minoxidil bottle so it's not that exact. Probably more like 0.0025% or so not very strong. It obviously does something at least with all the flaking.
Is there a reason most people seem to use the 12 pin for dermapens over the 36 or 42? The more pins the better?
At least when going deeper 12 or 16 pin seem to penetrate better. Bed of nail effect?

Last edited:

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
50k iu of Vit D is potentially toxic on its own. There was an ‘Ivory dome’ theory going round a few years ago about the potential of Vit D, Vit K2 & magnesium oil as a treatment though.
I guess you used the word ‘potentially’ but after all the hours I’ve invested in researching Vit D is that nobody actually agrees on anything regarding Vit D3 - especially dosage per person. I’ve taken 20,000iu/25,000iu a day for weeks (from 5000) and felt zero difference whatsoever and I’m as Northern European as you can get. I’m quite sure I could’ve doubled that dose to no effect as I was cycling/hiking almost every day that month. All the hypercalcemia claims seem quite baseless when you look into the doses some physically active people take for an extended period of time. I’m not disagreeing with you tbh just pointing out it’s extremely difficult to talk with any certainty on it.. I’ve seen many so called ‘experts’ contradict each other on dosage alone. Then you get some claiming liquid D3 is the only way you should administer then another will say it’s too easily absorbed etc. I’ve read of people buying reptile UV lamps and placing them above their beds.. assuming they’re correct that’s easily 100,000+iu a day and they remain healthy!

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The motors aren't powerful enough to push 36+ pins at a time at the necessary depth, accuracy & frequency. I bought 36-pin cartridges myself and threw them away.

FluxZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont think so @Three Letter Agency , if it were only a fact of systemic absorption, the greater depth of needling would cause the greater systemic absorption, therefore greater effectiveness. Simply it is not so. Look at this study:

Needling is a fact.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Needling + minoxidil is an illusion.

It's not dermarolling that gives growth.

It's the fact that you make holes in your skin and then apply minoxidil afterwards, which means minoxidil goes systemic and triggers hair growth.

Same effect can be achieved by just straight up taking minoxidil tablets or drinking minoxidil.
Most here and most studies doesn't apply minoxidil immediately afterwards instead wait 12h or more which means absorption isn't strongly improved. Increased sulfation of minoxidil to the active form could make a difference I guess but likely isn't the main factor for the majority.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to be clear this wasn't a study on microneedling. It was a study on deliverying minoxidil using a device (i.e. Tappy Tok Tok) into the skin.

LITUATUI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Study design

This randomised, parallel-group, 6 month prospective study enrolled 29 patients. All patients were in a ≥4 week screening period followed by 6 months of treatment. Patients were assigned into three groups based on block randomization: the home-use microneedletreatment group (n = 11), combination home-use microneedle and 5% minoxidil group (n = 9) or the 5% minoxidil-treated alone group (n = 9).

The home-use microneedle device provided to patients (Tappy Tok-Tok® , U-BioMed Inc., Ltd., Daegu, South Korea) included 0.25 mmlong spiral-grooved microneedles and a container for minoxidil solution (Figure 1).

This microneedle was designed to promote drug delivery through the grooves into perforated skin. The home-use microneedle devices with or without 5% minoxidil solution were sterilised with alcohol cotton and gently tapped 20 times at the target areas for twice-per-week treatments.

Results in the table below.

Attachments

• Usefulness of home-use microneedle devices in the treatment of pattern hair loss.jpg
    Usefulness of home-use microneedle devices in the treatment of pattern hair loss.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Tappy Tok-Tok.jpg
    Tappy Tok-Tok.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 165

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s been 5 months for me now. I can say I’d actually be happy to go out without hair fibre the first time in a long time. I wonder if my density will improve further past the 6 month mark? My hair is still very thin compared to my baseline tho very very slowly improving. Some hair lost from minix still haven’t returned and some areas on my head seem to have improved better than others. Though I have been losing hair for 8 years now so not sure it’d take longer for minix to wake up more dormant hair.

David260

My Regimen
Reaction score
So i left my hair grow out and i have to shave it again because it looks awful. 2 months and a half using derma/minoxidil , my hair is thicker but there no is significant regrowth besides the crown. I still have a lot of little hair on my hairline, so i'm going to add finasteride now. I'm a bit scared of the side effects but f*** it.