Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did any of you have small and dark hair all over your hairline before your hair loss started?

My hairline is full of those and they have not really budged since the start of my hair loss 9 years ago, while the terminal hair behind that “line of defence” slowly went away. It’s crazy how selectively attacked my hair follicles are. My hairline currently looks like a v shape with sh*t tons of small hair at the front that aren’t new regrowth

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No
Did any of you have small and dark hair all over your hairline before your hair loss started?

My hairline is full of those and they have not really budged since the start of my hair loss 9 years ago, while the terminal hair behind that “line of defence” slowly went away. It’s crazy how selectively attacked my hair follicles are. My hairline currently looks like a v shape with sh*t tons of small hair at the front that aren’t new regrowth
No, I never had that, my hairline has always remained intact and the main damage is elsewhere. It seems like miniaturization?

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, quick question. I've seen the study (I think there's various) showing better results if you combine dermapen/dermarolling with iodine cream on the scalp. I bought this one:

7503a3b83b84cdd7ea4d18c12e56b3ed.jpg

Now I im going to buy a derminator. My question is, is the derminator powerful enough to not get stuck in the betadine gel texture after applying it, or will the needle get stuck?

The idea is also to protect against possible infections, so I would like to apply it first, dermapen, wait for a while, then take a shower, im just worried the derminator needle will get stuck and damage the device or something. I will start with a bi-weekly session at around 0.5mm and build up from there if I see no problems, but no more than one time weekly at least with 1mm lenghts. I dont remember the studies but I assume its logical to let it heal for at least a week if you go deeper.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried getting the full article via sci-hub, but it didn’t work.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures from the article.

Attachments

• 78777CEA-6398-4D8F-B3CA-F8D27F0E4577.jpeg
    78777CEA-6398-4D8F-B3CA-F8D27F0E4577.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 6877DB77-FD69-43E6-9F75-3B06E9C587AC.jpeg
    6877DB77-FD69-43E6-9F75-3B06E9C587AC.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 246
  • F7D13646-6DE9-417E-9B3D-A7D62171C94E.jpeg
    F7D13646-6DE9-417E-9B3D-A7D62171C94E.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 283
  • AE2B2E2B-B34D-4EEF-8244-2998F8A31C0D.jpeg
    AE2B2E2B-B34D-4EEF-8244-2998F8A31C0D.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 285

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did not get access to the article, yet I was able to get the pictures ;)

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also a small disclaimer: I don’t know of which of the three groups in the study all of the pictures are. I only have the pictures, not the text.

Here are some graphs from the study:

Attachments

• 6EEAF447-A8DE-4040-B332-42FF14B03473.png
    6EEAF447-A8DE-4040-B332-42FF14B03473.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 787661D4-1A09-49DC-B385-F3BAC1E4213A.jpeg
    787661D4-1A09-49DC-B385-F3BAC1E4213A.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 6730EDFC-9881-4536-8851-20B593DAD9E0.png
    6730EDFC-9881-4536-8851-20B593DAD9E0.png
    6 KB · Views: 93

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You think 6 months is long when it comes to hairloss recovery? L O L.
3 months is really nothing in terms of recovery. It only really starts at 6 months, in my experience. Sure, there are some hyper responders, but they are by far the minority.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Given that in basically every professional study and DIY success the average time it took to see actual results was 3 months...uh, yeah...I think I should definitely be seeing great results after 6 months.
For me personally, there is a very noticeable difference in results when I compare my hair at 3 months into therapies, and 6 months.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Given that in basically every professional study and DIY success the average time it took to see actual results was 3 months...uh, yeah...I think I should definitely be seeing great results after 6 months.

Stop making a fool out of YOURSELF and making the entire idea of microneedling seem ridiculous by get excited over every mediocre result that gives you a morphine drip of hope.

Just f*****g be honest for five god damn minutes on these forums and call out sh*t results when it's a sh*t result ffs

hair-timeline-jpg.jpg

With the right sort of regimen results can be seen very fast,fair enough this person was transgender and using estradiol but they did attribute much of their hair recovery to minoxidil and needling.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, my internet provider has blocked most sci-hub urls.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 154813

With the right sort of regimen results can be seen very fast,fair enough this person was transgender and using estradiol but they did attribute much of their hair recovery to minoxidil and needling.
Is estradiol meant to be alfatradiol here? Than I will also not neglect the regrowth from it, apart from minoxidil and microneedling.

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned the betadine connection with dermarolling and it seems by researching the post some of the best results including the studies had applying betadine before dermarolling
Also looking at all the studies with white iodine including anecdotal for hair regrowth,
Could this be the missing link we are not considering enough?
I will be starting applying betadine liberally before dermarolling now and we will see

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is estradiol meant to be alfatradiol here? Than I will also not neglect the regrowth from it, apart from minoxidil and microneedling.
One can't transition on alfatradiol so, no, it's estradiol. Topical alfatradiol could be an alternative though how effective it would be is questionable.

Someone mentioned the betadine connection with dermarolling and it seems by researching the post some of the best results including the studies had applying betadine before dermarolling
Also looking at all the studies with white iodine including anecdotal for hair regrowth,
Could this be the missing link we are not considering enough?
I will be starting applying betadine liberally before dermarolling now and we will see
I used a betadine type topical the period with most improvement. Will try it again for some months.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One can't transition on alfatradiol so, no, it's estradiol. Topical alfatradiol could be an alternative though how effective it would be is questionable.

I used a betadine type topical the period with most improvement. Will try it again for some months.
Did you use betadine before or after rolling?