Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
New study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32412314

https://www.docdroid.net/H0V0vzZ/101080-at-0954663420201770162-pdf

https://sci-hub.tw/https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32412314

J Dermatolog Treat. 2020 May 15:1-44. doi: 10.1080/09546634.2020.1770162. [Epub ahead of print]
Randomized trial of electrodynamic microneedling combined with 5% minoxidil topical solution for treating androgenetic alopecia in Chinese males and molecular mechanistic study of the involvement of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway.
Bao L1,2, Zong H3, Fang S1, Zheng L1, Li Y2.
Author information

Abstract
Background: Treatment of androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) with concurrent electrodynamic microneedling and 5% minoxidil may further stimulate hair growth.Objectives: To evaluate the efficacy of microneedling combined with 5% minoxidil in Chinese male Androgenetic Alopecia patients and to explore the underlying mechanisms.Methods: Seventy-one male volunteers with Androgenetic Alopecia completed the entire trial and follow-up. The first group (n = 23) received only 5% minoxidil twice daily for 24 weeks; the second group (n = 23) received only microneedle therapy every 3 weeks for 8 treatments; and the third group (n = 25) received the combination treatment for a total of 24 weeks. Changes in hair density and diameter were evaluated before and after treatment every 3 weeks, and patients were followed up at 6 months after the final treatment. In the combination group, a PCR array was used to detect the expression of molecules in the Wnt/β-catenin pathway within the hair loss sites on top of the head before and after treatment and within the scalp tissues from non-hair loss sites on top of the head. The tissues were obtained by punches in the most severe area of hair loss on top of the head and in the adjacent normal hair area without hair loss. Real-time quantitative PCR and western blotting were used to further examine changes in the differentially expressed molecules identified by PCR array (FZD3) and in molecules in the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway closely related to hair growth (β-catenin and LEF-1).Results: Compared to single minoxidil or single microneedle treatment, the combination therapy showed superior therapeutic effects clinically, with further upregulation of FZD3, β-catenin, and LEF-1 expression levels at both mRNA and protein levels in the treated areas.Conclusions: Microneedling combined with 5% minoxidil can improve Androgenetic Alopecia, and the underlying mechanism may involve activation of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway.

I think the debate about whether needling along with minoxidil is beneficial has pretty much ended already, it's clearly superior to minoxidil alone. Good article though, thanks.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been following this thread for a long time but some of the info gets lost in all the pages..

has anyone here tried needling along with zix? If so, any results?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Might try looking into zix. I've been shedding a tonne the last month. Apparently it's normal to lose 50-100 hairs a day, some "experts" even say 200. These shedded hairs will be replaced. Not sure if I'm losing again or not

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Might try looking into zix. I've been shedding a tonne the last month. Apparently it's normal to lose 50-100 hairs a day, some "experts" even say 200. These shedded hairs will be replaced. Not sure if I'm losing again or not

zix helps, just careful with the dosage

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The "100 hairs a day is normal" is bullshit to me. If you are washing your hair in the shower and you see 30 hairs in your hands my man you are balding assume it

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, that are also quite some incredible results:

His regime is this here:
Screenshot_20200520-003835_YouTube.jpg

I wonder how to add the azaleic acid and the Adenosine triphosphate to the minoxidil solution. Can anyone recommend products and a recipe?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
have u tried it? I’m thinking about adding it to me regimen. What should the dosage be?
Yes, give it a month or less and if you don't have a massime AA,it works
Not sure if it's for lacking of zinc (this world is mostly tap water, plastic, processed foods etc) or for its very mild 5ar inhibition effect.
2ml once daily imo, dont overdose it, and away from food cause zinc competes with magnesium, iron, copper etc for absorption and has a maximum of absorption per time

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, give it a month or less and if you don't have a massime AA,it works
Not sure if it's for lacking of zinc (this world is mostly tap water, plastic, processed foods etc) or for its very mild 5ar inhibition effect.
2ml once daily imo, dont overdose it, and away from food cause zinc competes with magnesium, iron, copper etc for absorption and has a maximum of absorption per time
thanks! What do u mean by ‘a massive AA’?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry man I’m not quite sure what u mean. You mean if you don’t have severe balding then it has a good chance of working? Do u know what the mechanism behind it is? thanks!
Yes,thats what i meant. The mechanism is unclear because of the several enzymes that zinc affects. Its proved that zinc regulates hormones at some levels, so its likely to be the culprit, even if vit b5 has some effects in vitro.of course cant be effective as finasteride, thats why i was referring to the severity of your alopecia.
High levels of zinc (not zix levels tho) are also proved to be anti androgenic.
We don't have a definitive study in vivo about it because this compound cant be patented

Last edited:

Kaue carrera

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've done 6 or 7 sessions now trying to follow the follica protocol (30 min sessions on fast setting) so approaching 3 months. I started oral minoxidil 5mg around 3 weeks ago.

What i have noticed:

- Hair is shedding. Ive never been a big shedder so this is worrying for me, thick terminals too.
- Density is down. As a diffuse thinner I don't have a lot to spare, so things are looking bad right now
- Scalp is itchy - When I first starting thinning back in 2012 I had the feeling of itching and insects crawling on my scalp. This feeling has come back for the first time since then and it goes hand in hand with the shedding and density decrease

Of course, people will say I'm doing it wrong because obviously the protocol cannot fail, but after 3 months you'd think you'd see some signs of improvement or indication that its working.

holy jesus f*** why does nothing work - I was looking at pctures from 2014 when I was visibly balding (ppl were telling me) and that looks a whole lot better than the sh*t i have left now. if i didnt have toppik and nearly full coverage i'd be so screwed

side effects with 5mg oral minoxidil ?

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is comming back after 1 month of treatment - every other day 1.5 - 2 ml +derma pen
Hi arromanus
Can you elaborate please when you say “ hair coming back”?
And confused about your regimen you say every other day dermapen use? What depth?
And minoxidil every day as well? Thanks

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now, lets add some hair fibers :)
Hi arromanus
Can you elaborate please when you say “ hair coming back”?
And confused about your regimen you say every other day dermapen use? What depth?
And minoxidil every day as well? Thanks
Minoxidil and derma pen Every Other Day, Not daily