Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've completely dropped microneedling. Ik sick of my scalp peeling every day and I was starting to lose ground. What I've noticed is sandalore was playing a big part in my regrowth but adding it to my minoxidil bottle was the wrong idea. After a few weeks the sandalore wouldn't be as effective maybe it was the ethanol over time making it ineffective. I've been making good progress lately mixing my sandlore with my minoxidil just before applying it. Will update a photo soon

Which sandalore are you using?

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...I've been pretty lax with my dermarolling and minoxidil application. Can't remember the last time I used my dermaroller/pen and I fall asleep on the couch before I've put minoxidil in on a regular basis...
20180410_212219.jpg IMG_20180629_150730 (1).jpg

...i became lazy and stoped my treatment for 2 months, and i lost all my hair pretty quick... will start new experimental treatment...
OzhPndw_d.jpg uWXOeOt_d.jpg

I've completely dropped microneedling... starting to lose ground...
Collage 2019-05-31 20_03_14(2).jpg

SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT DROPPING
I'm continuously blown away by you guys getting HRT-tier results on non-hormone-f**king treatments, just to then proceed dropping / changing your regimens:

I'd give my right arm to get gains remotely resembling your ballpark, and cut off the other one before even considering to skip a single session... XD

Last edited:

Hello43

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, a question about the procedure. I have a Dr Pen A6, just started yesterday on 1.25mm, do you press hard on your scalp as you do it? Obviously it hurts more and goes further in, but I wonder if the 1.25mm setting means that just by placing it normally on your head it’s 1.25mm or you have to press it down hard for it to be 1.25mm.

hopefully that wasn’t too confusing and wordy. Any help would be appreciated

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, a question about the procedure. I have a Dr Pen A6, just started yesterday on 1.25mm, do you press hard on your scalp as you do it? Obviously it hurts more and goes further in, but I wonder if the 1.25mm setting means that just by placing it normally on your head it’s 1.25mm or you have to press it down hard for it to be 1.25mm.

hopefully that wasn’t too confusing and wordy. Any help would be appreciated

I used to just sort of let it glide over my scalp when was using a pen, it tended to get stuck if i applied a lot of pressure. I haven't really needled in a while but im just using a roller these days

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT DROPPING
I'm continuously blown away by you guys getting HRT-tier results on non-hormone-f**king treatments, just to then proceed dropping / changing your regimens:

I'd give my right arm to get gains remotely resembling your ballpark, and cut off the other one before even considering to skip a single session... XD
Yep I made the decision to drop needling as my crown was starting to thin again. First picture below is with needling every week and 2nd pic is no needling but mixing 1% of sandalore to 1ml of minoxidil. Gaining ground back slowly

Attachments

• 20200428_213454.jpg
    20200428_213454.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 648
  • 20200428_213617.jpg
    20200428_213617.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 637

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
I microneedeld with 0.8 mm 26 hours ago and I still can't even touch my head, because it hurts to much. How do you want to needle with 2 mm every 2 days?
Yeah. I am trying with 1.5 with a D2 when the redness goes away, which is looking like every 6 days or so. But it does hurt. Does anyone use a numbing cream?

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. I am trying with 1.5 with a D2 when the redness goes away, which is looking like every 6 days or so. But it does hurt. Does anyone use a numbing cream?
I have used a numbing cream but the issue is that it gets stuck inside the D2 heads, so you end up cleaning it off anyways. Just take a Tylenol and go watch a show while you're doing it - the distraction will make you feel the pain a bit less.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ever since covid-19, I have been unable to cut my hair, so I'm not sure if I've made any progress. My hair is huge now and if I take a picture it would look like I have completely regrown all my hair back, which isn't the case.

I'm not sure the Follica protocol is giving me much results. Maybe this is as much regrowth as I'm going to see.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ordered a Dr Pen yesterday. I'm excited to give this a shot. I have already had one transplant, and will likely need more, so the less grafts needed for a future transplant, the better.

This thread definitely shows not too stop the needling once you get results lol. Looks like it's a lifetime thing.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
So i Have 2 dermaneedling questions"

-Will using a numbing cream impact my results? I just did my first round with Dr Pen and it hurt way more than I anticipated. I did horizontal, then vertical, and skipped the diagonals. If it's "no pain, no gain" I'll push through, but that was not pleasant at all.

-Can I just put the whole 12 needle attachment in some disinfectant (plastic and all), or do I just wash the needles with it? I poured the alcohol over the needles a few times, but there is still some stuff on it.

fran15

Reaction score
Yep I made the decision to drop needling as my crown was starting to thin again. First picture below is with needling every week and 2nd pic is no needling but mixing 1% of sandalore to 1ml of minoxidil. Gaining ground back slowly

Sorry do you mean you're mixing 10mg Sandalore powder into 1ml minoxidil?

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried searching on the forum but was unsuccessful so dropping the query here. Has anyone tried topical dutasteride mixed with minoxidil? Or even topical fina in that case?

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Short hair, January 7, longhair May 1. I know they're completely different but I haven't been able to cut my hair since the shop is closed lol. I did a 2 hour session last night using the Follica protocol.

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_124516.jpg
    IMG_20200107_124516.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_20200501_120707_1.jpg
    IMG_20200501_120707_1.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 535

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Sandalore is also maybe a trial and error. Maybe it works for some but no one is sure about the correct dosage. Many take it with minoxidil but again without specific knowledge of dosage it might do bad than good for you hair.