Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rollers aren't anything like using pens. You could roll for hours and do what a pen does to your scalp in 10 minutes, and a 2mm roller probably doesn't go any deeper 1-1.25mm unless you really bare down hard.

Which pen should I buy?

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you use minoxidil?
Yes. And I'm back at It now. I was also on finasteride but I quit It because after two years I don't think is helping me (I still receded on It) but its giving me some sides.
Also, Im going to start scalp massage 20 minutes every day, there is some anecdotal evidence It can really help

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it fine to use a roller, I don’t want to pay $150

A dermapen seems to do a faster and more precise job. But dunno:-0

Does anyone know a reliable European store, where I can get a Dr. Pen or Derminator at a fair price?

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People have success with rollers too, but according to Follica they are not able to provide the required wounding density. If you can't invest the money in a good microneedling device then go with a 1.5mm roller, and do it at least once a week.
Ok, I plan on doing it twice a week

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just did an aggressive 1.5mm needling routine and my head is on fire and was even bleeding a bit. I definitely can only do this 2 times a week max maybe one, I did way more aggressive then I have before and man my head hurts right now.

Question: Does anyone else sometimes have hair fall out/pulled out when the are needling because this was happening to me at times?

Ramsey A.

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I’m needling for better absorption and regrowth what’s the best use. Is 1.5mm every week or .5mm daily better
I’m using dr pen at between 1.0 to 0.5 that’s where I have it set up trying my best to get anything close to 0.8 once every Sunday

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only before/after that is somewhat noticeable is my crown, with my transplant in 2017 not able to see a difference in my hairline

I think needling has at least maintained my crown with minoxidil, you'd think that small circle in 2017 would be larger had I not started Needling

I was 25 in the first pic

This is early 2017 , can see some small crown thinning
upload_2020-4-3_23-20-24.png

This is a pic 3 years later, early 2020
upload_2020-4-3_23-21-14.png

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been needling almost everyday or every other day and I'm seeing good results in my hairline but not much or anything at all in my crown. So, I'm still confused which frequency is the best.

When I needle one a week or biweekly I get slow regrowth and when I needle everyday or every other day my growth speeds up considerably. And all I'm doing is what that guy somebody did which is red skin with a roller.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's very weird to me having results so early (specially because I didn't the first the other time I dermarroll) but I do think that there is thickening of hairs in the temple.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now some frontal pics. Even if there is a favouring hair cut I do think there is difference.
By the way, what norwood do you think I am? I think somewhere between Nw2-2.5

Attachments

• IMG_20200330_174010_320~3.jpg
    IMG_20200330_174010_320~3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_20200407_030441_989~2.jpg
    IMG_20200407_030441_989~2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_20200407_030736_619~2.jpg
    IMG_20200407_030736_619~2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 528

theGloriousFollicle

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you apply Lidocaine (numbing cream)? I can't get more than 5% lidocaine in Canada. Applied then covered with plastic wrap 25 mins then washed it off. No significant difference in sensation. Any ideas??

Last edited:

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you following Follica protocol?
What I'm doing right now is Minoxidil twice a day, I dermarroll softly with 2mm every night before applyng minoxidil (I intend to buy a 1mm roller for this purpose) and once a week use the 2mm roller pressing hard after shower. Also scalp massages 10 minutes aprox every day

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I'm doing right now is Minoxidil twice a day, I dermarroll softly with 2mm every night before applyng minoxidil (I intend to buy a 1mm roller for this purpose) and once a week use the 2mm roller pressing hard after shower. Also scalp massages 10 minutes aprox every day
Daily dermarolling (with minoxidil) seems to be beneficial for temples/ hairline for several people
Personally
I do it eod at 1mm (daily minoxidil)

Last edited: