Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Chris-lee09

Reaction score
I just did my first derma stamp session Saturday with a 1.5 mm
I find that moving it up and down really fast
Like 5 stamps per second tricks me into perceiving less pain than doing it slowly
I also just ordered some numbing cream for next session
What cream did you order ?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the natural thin texture of your normal hair works in your advantage because the newly growing hair is usually thin and small but in your case your natural hair is also thin so it really helps you overall. Great progress!
Yes I have terrible fine hair lol

cvcsticks

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of you who are experiencing results with daily low pressure/shallow needling - do you still wait 24 hours before applying any products (aside from minoxidil)? Ie if you use hairspray or concealers have you experienced any problems applying these straight after? Thanks

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who are mild rolling daily, have you noticed a sharp pain in eye muscles? I don't know if this is related to daily rolling or something else. I feel sharp sort of pain in eye socket muscles.

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who are mild rolling daily, have you noticed a sharp pain in eye muscles? I don't know if this is related to daily rolling or something else. I feel sharp sort of pain in eye socket muscles.
I don't think it has anything to do with this. Go and see a Doctor

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just ordered a 5 percent lidocaine numb cream on amazon it was 10 bucks not sure how effective it might be

Liquidbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody experience any heavy skin peeling?

So I'm about 19 weeks after starting dermarolling. Haven't gotten this yet that I've noticed at least. Upon closer look under harsh lighting and two mirrors, my crown(the thinnest hair coverage area by far) skin is peeling.

Looks pretty gross. But fairly innocuous. Not itching. Not inflamed. Just peeling off. I'll take it as a good sign if nothing else. Skin and hair are being rebirthed and new cells are being activated and growing. Sounds good I suppose.

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am glad to report that after 5 and a half weeks of starting minoxidil only on hairline with 3MM dermaroller moderate rolling(needles might only penetrate 2.5MM) 192 dermaroller 2 times a day with heavy rolling once a week with nightly moisturizer to prevent excessive skin peeling and hypopigmentation from peeling skin I am seeing more regrowth in the norwood 0 area of my temples. I see tiny dark hairs growing and vellus hairs that popped up near my slight widows peak I have at the very front of my hairline about 6 days ago. I started to see only a few black hairs regrowing after exactly 4 weeks of starting treatment and are getting longer. I am 21 and have only slight hairloss around the temples and around the very front of my hairline a small widows peak like steve bannon has at the very front of his hairline but my juvenile hairline went straight across my forehead been taking 4 biotin 10mg pills each day since a few months after turning 18 because of thinning in the mid frontal area of my scalp biotin has for me anyway stopped hair fall and thickened up my mid frontal scalp and maintained my current hairline and the slight regrowth is happening in areas that did not grow hair in 4 and a half years minimum. I started dermarolling in May of 2018 2 or 3 times a week with 3MM dermaroller without minoxdil and saw no results. Only got results after dermarolling 2 times a day and adding minoxidil. Been a lurker here for a few years Chen and Narwhal7 results motivated me to try minoxidil. I apply minoxidil immediately after dermarolling only had side effects the first 3 or 5 days of treatment side effects were slight headache and only one time had rapid heart beat. Results so far not cosmetically noticeable at a distance by other people but it looks like I might be able to completely regrow my juvenile hairline. I will post pictures soon after the camera can pick up the new hairs as they grow longer my phone camera is really bad. If the camera was decent like some of the results pictures I see on this forum I would be able to see the new hairs with the camera. I have no reason to lie about this not trying to sell anything I hope this progress continues will keep you updated.

Last edited:

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just ordered a 5 percent lidocaine numb cream on amazon it was 10 bucks not sure how effective it might be

It will be effective. After you apply it you can wrap your scalp with plastic wrap. Leave it for 30 - 45 minutes. Remember to wash it off prior to rolling.

Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4400934/

Any insight into using NAC topically with wounding?

Is an improvement in wound healing something we want?.... What about angiogenesis?

"Angiogenesis rate was remarkable in the N-acetylcysteine group compared with the others. In multiple-comparison analysis, Dexpanthenol and N-acetylcysteine groups had similar results in terms of wound healing rates (P < 0.05), which were both higher than in the control group (P > 0.05). The efficacy of N-acetylcysteine in wound healing is comparable to dexpanthenol, and both substances can be used to improve wound healing."

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every 8-10 weeks I get my hair cut, and everytime it fills me with anxiety.

Im changing barber today for the first time in YEARS and im petrified.

The dentist, hospital/doctor appointments, no problem, a visit to the barber, I need to psyche myself up.

Aleksandar

Established Member
Reaction score

The dentist, hospital/doctor appointments, no problem, a visit to the barber, I need to psyche myself up.

I know what you mean... Used to be great to get a haircut. Afterwards you would feel good and look sharp. Now it's only shame and anxiety.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, sitting in front of a mirror and being forced to see your hair for 20 minutes in a room where other non balding fuckers are getting a nice trim and then they spray water on it, which makes it look even worse.

I cant wait for the day when my barber goes, "what have you done to your hair? It's so much thicker".

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He gave me a good cut thankfully. The super harsh lighting made me avoid looking in the mirror for the duration though.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i added microneedling in my regime but i have a problem
i use minoxidil after 5 6 hours after using my dermapen
But i feel pressure in my chest first i thinked i insinuate
But everyday i feel pressure and heaviness in center of my chest and hotness(and for 6 7 month i use minoxidil a little more than it recomended)
What should i do?
I see new small hairs and i’m happy but i’m so worry what should i do is there anyone can help me!?????
Same thing happened to me, doctors can’t figure out what’s wrong and just tells me to stop using it. Sucks

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also hate to go to the barber, I feel so ashamed. I literally get sweats while sitting on this chair.
Haha yes haircuts are the worst! I have a regular lady I go to and I will absolutely not go to anyone else. She does what she can for my diffused nw3

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, doctors can’t figure out what’s wrong and just tells me to stop using it. Sucks

You guys can trim down minoxidil usage until the side effects are manageable. When I was applying it everyday my forehead got really dry after a month. So I decided to do every other day. I was still feeling the effects on my forehead so now I apply twice a week. Been doing that for 6 weeks and my hair is still improving. Those lucky ones who don't get any sides well good for them but if you do you can do less. Remember you will be applying for 5 or 10 years so no need to be in a rush and if you already getting sides that your heart is not well I suggest you trim down quite a bit.

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Totally resonnates with me. You made me laugh so hard :) I hate it too . Well actually it's a mixed feeling, on one hand I am hoping a hair cut would make me look better (that's when they actually do a good job) but on the other hand it's like the time for truth since that's when you are faced again with the current state of your hair. Sometimes you joke about your hair preemptively, before he makes a remark. One time the guy that washes my hair said I was losing hair and in my head I was thinking what a silly thing to tell a customer! There is this love hate relationship with your barber it's like a Catholic marriage you can't get out of. After years of cutting at the same place, they like know what works by now and you kind of get used to the whole dynamics it's hard to move on. I often try to test the grounds at other barber shops and it feels exactly like a blind date lol! So yeah I totally understand you. When I have a hair cut somewhere else it's as if I am cheating on the wife!

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha yes haircuts are the worst! I have a regular lady I go to and I will absolutely not go to anyone else. She does what she can for my diffused nw3
I wish there was a woman hairstylist around where I live, that also does men, they deal with all sorts of hairs, lengths and styles, they would be better to cut thinning hair. I feel my barber has no clue what to do to make the balding less obvious, he just does cookie cuter cuts that don't always work . Often times he trims too much in certain places n makes it worse. Other times it works. It's like russian roulette.