Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Fastfuse

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, that might be the case for some but I thought minoxidil was only supposed to work well on the crown.

I used minoxidil for a couple of years and it did nothing for me but, combined with dermarolling, it has worked wonders.
Hey 74775446, I would like to thank you man ! My life is changing because of you . God bless you

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This IS evidence based, and a well known fact for most hair loss sufferers in this forums. Minoxidil induced gains are almost completely gone within 2 years. It happened to me, and it happens to almost everyone else. It is clearly described in the graph I posted below, which is from a study published 17 years ago.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10534633/

So yes, it is a fact. The real question is, are people who respond to microneedling able to maintain over the 2 year mark? That is something I would very much like to know. If not, then I guess most of the responders here were effectively just responding to minoxidil. If they do, then it's most likely needling doing the heavy work, because it's mechanism of action is allegedly different from that of minoxidil.

OH, and of course, this should be evaluated in people who are not on finasteride, because finasteride users are much more likely to maintain in the long term.

Also GrowPro, I'd like to insist once again, in a respectful manner, that you start posting before and after pics, because no matter how many times you claim there was no hair there, it's overly deceitful to follow the approach of only posting an "after pic". Those micro hairs you are showing us are so tiny that they aren't very noticeable to the naked eye, so they might have been there before you started treatments. This is a very common mistake in people that get a magnifying lens for their phone camera. They always find micro hairs, and if they took the pic after treatment, they think it's new hair. The bad news is that, those who do it right and also take pics before treatment also find exactly the same micro hairs, and they had no idea they were there because they were undetectable.

I suggest we all follow a good and scientifically reasonable conduct to evaluate progress in this thread, otherwise this thing will lose credibility. We need to provide good evidence, so let's do things the right way.

The massive drop in haircount after 2 years is caused by the cessiaton of minoxidil. This study proves that minoxidil can provide maintenance for more than 5 years. Although it is in my opinion very unlikely. https://www-sciencedirect-com.eur.idm.oclc.org/science/article/pii/019096229070089Z?via=ihub
upload_2019-6-24_18-8-58.png

upload_2019-6-24_17-59-37.png

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This IS evidence based, and a well known fact for most hair loss sufferers in this forums. Minoxidil induced gains are almost completely gone within 2 years. It happened to me, and it happens to almost everyone else. It is clearly described in the graph I posted below, which is from a study published 17 years ago.

I suggest we all follow a good and scientifically reasonable conduct to evaluate progress in this thread, otherwise this thing will lose credibility. We need to provide good evidence, so let's do things the right way.

Couldn't agree more. As far as I know, only 2 people in this thread have been doing this for longer and both have maintained or improved hair growth beyond the 2 year mark. 2 people isn't nearly enough from which to draw conclusions and I cannot remember if they were on other things like finasteride.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So yes, it is a fact. The real question is, are people who respond to microneedling able to maintain over the 2 year mark? That is something I would very much like to know. If not, then I guess most of the responders here were effectively just responding to minoxidil. If they do, then it's most likely needling doing the heavy work, because it's mechanism of action is allegedly different from that of minoxidil.

OH, and of course, this should be evaluated in people who are not on finasteride, because finasteride users are much more likely to maintain in the long term.

Also GrowPro, I'd like to insist once again, in a respectful manner, that you start posting before and after pics, because no matter how many times you claim there was no hair there, it's overly deceitful to follow the approach of only posting an "after pic". Those micro hairs you are showing us are so tiny that they aren't very noticeable to the naked eye, so they might have been there before you started treatments. This is a very common mistake in people that get a magnifying lens for their phone camera. They always find micro hairs, and if they took the pic after treatment, they think it's new hair. The bad news is that, those who do it right and also take pics before treatment also find exactly the same micro hairs, and they had no idea they were there because they were undetectable.

Thanks for the clarification, but what I don’t understand is why would all minoxidil induced gains be lost after 2-years and not just mainted if continued minoxidil use?...does this mean that this hair will just shed and never return?...or return to the miniaturization process?

In regards to my photos, fair enough, yes it is slightly difficult for me to see the new follicles with the naked eye hence needed proof for myself that anything was happening, I’m just over a month with this method and will definitely give it more time to show progress more visibly to the naked eye to take photos with a camera rather than microscope.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, but what I don’t understand is why would all minoxidil induced gains be lost after 2-years and not just mainted if continued minoxidil use?...does this mean that this hair will just shed and never return?...or return to the miniaturization process?

In regards to my photos, fair enough, yes it is slightly difficult for me to see the new follicles with the naked eye hence needed proof for myself that anything was happening, I’m just over a month with this method and will definitely give it more time to show progress more visibly to the naked eye to take photos with a camera rather than microscope.

Do what I did and just add photos to a Google Photos album every time you take them. Takes no time at all and is a very easy way to track progress.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am on the big 3 plus needling, collagen, biotin, vitamin d, etc. The thought of my gains being minoxidil-driven and could vanish within the year are pretty disconcerting. I'm hoping all the other sh*t will do their part and help me maintain.

Was that graph from minoxidil-only users? I am on week 55, no losses yet, still moving in the right direction as far as I can tell.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeh, that's me.

Ah gotcha, for some reason I thought the original poster of this thread was you but I see now they just posted your link haha

Thanks much for sharing your method and progress, also, hope you are doing much better with your recent health issue.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another result from tressless. Dude started microneedling alongside finasteride and min.
At this point it's pretty clear that anyone who starts microneedling with the big 3 will get insane results. Big 3 needs to be Big 4 now with dermarolling factored in.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/c4sb52/my_results_after_one_year_on_big_3_dermastamp/https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/c4sb52/my_results_after_one_year_on_big_3_dermastamp/

Absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too (2.5months), today I will start taking Finasteride 1mg,and see what will happen

I just looked through my photos again and my progress wasn't amazing after 2.5 months. It was around the 3.5 - 4 month mark that I really saw a difference.

Are you taking photos to track your progress? It's almost impossible to see change in the mirror.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am doing minoxidil with derma and have not yet seen any improvement. I am at 2 months mark.
There is a guy here who was slick bald norwood 6 and he grew all of that back in 9 months. Even his photos did not show significant progress for the first few months. I would suggest you to continue taking pictures and evaluate your progress based off of that. There are a lot of trolls here who will keep posting this regimen doesn't work without any proof. Don't give up atleast until trying for 7-8 months.

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Random question: how often should we wash our hair to minimize damage? I try not to wash everyday, but using minoxidil twice a day leaves my scalp itchy if I don’t wash.

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not long enough to conclude anything. Same with fina, only after atleast 6 months can you really say something.
My hands now are full of thick and very black hair, my face, especially cheeks (slightly below the eyes) also all in new thick&black hair, every week i need to shave my face (cheeks, forehead) and hands...But i dont have result on my scalp....... why ?
P.S. even my eyebrows are a little wider and thicker :D:D

Last edited: