Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Top view. My hair has never been so thick
My hair currently looks like your first picture so I hope I get similar regrowth.
That said, my hair was actually terrible but it grew back thick and filled in when I first started minoxidil 3 years ago. But it all shed after that minoxidil prime period everyone talks about. And it never grew back thick after that. Hoping dermarolling somehow changes that.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And after that shed how much did you continued with minoxidil and when did you stopped and what happened after you stopped, did you go back where you were before starting minoxidil or it was worse ? How long did you used it in total ?
I kept losing hair even on minoxidil. I never quit minoxidil. Been using it diligently since the first day. Infact I even switch from finasteride to dutasteride and still no improvement in hair.

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
So maybe some people ask were are those great responders who joined this forum month ago. I think I didn't really improve since january..I'm mean I still take fotos but in my mind there isn't that much difference at all...but october I have my 1 year mark and I will make a big fotoupdate then.. keep on needling...

Ps: I'm back on weekly needling 1,5mm

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So maybe some people ask were are those great responders who joined this forum month ago. I think I didn't really improve since january..I'm mean I still take fotos but in my mind there isn't that much difference at all...but october I have my 1 year mark and I will make a big fotoupdate then.. keep on needling...

Ps: I'm back on weekly needling 1,5mm
Didn't you have great results as per this thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-photo-results-summary.121072/
What happened? Did you lose your gains?

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, what do you think about using the Derma Pen right after applying Minoxidil ? Im gona try this

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still shedding like crazy coming up 4 weeks now after starting minoxidil/rolling about 8 weeks ago. So demoralizing looking at my comb seeing so much hair. Not throwing in the towel yet. Maybe need to roll harder & more frequently (currently once a week)

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still shedding like crazy coming up 4 weeks now after starting minoxidil/rolling about 8 weeks ago. So demoralizing looking at my comb seeing so much hair. Not throwing in the towel yet. Maybe need to roll harder & more frequently (currently once a week)
I shed like crazy first couple of weeks. Decided to apply minoxidil straight after needling and things got better.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 122210
I am a real person, but I dunno about chen or that 74775446 guy :)

Amazing results Sir!

Is your hairline still improving by the way? You just need a little bit more to completely reverse a nw7, which would be fantastic.

The thickness in the areas that you regrew, it is the same as before or is there a clear difference with those areas and the areas where you didn't lose hair (at the sides of the head).

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am i the only one that was pulling out a ton of hair from the pen(dr.pen ultima a6)? I stopped using it for this reason and switched to a 1.5mm roller instead, roll as hard as i can once a week and lightly roll before applying minoxidil. It doesn't pull out any hairs, whereas with the pen i had a handfull of hair after every weekly session. I hope those hairs i was puling out frequently grow back.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results Sir!

Is your hairline still improving by the way? You just need a little bit more to completely reverse a nw7, which would be fantastic.

The thickness in the areas that you regrew, it is the same as before or is there a clear difference with those areas and the areas where you didn't lose hair (at the sides of the head).
The front and crown still have some thinning, especially at the temples, but I can see my hair line returning, it's just a slow process.
So I would say yes it's still growing more. Especially in length.

I may have to do a hair transplant still if I stabilize like this and hairline/temples don't grow in. Which I was always open to.

The thickness on top middle especially is every bit as thick as it's ever been. And the middle top in recovery was always a bit ahead of the crown and front. We'll see in a few months if I keep improving or not. I'll make an 18 month update in 5 months :)

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20190610_173109.jpg
    IMG_20190610_173109.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 782

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Once a week seems to be enough unless you are doing light rolling. Going harder and more frequent doesn't sound too good to me.

Stick to it weekly for now and then a month or so later go down to every two weeks. I'm now doing it once a month. I find it works well for me.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that might be the case for some but I thought minoxidil was only supposed to work well on the crown.

I used minoxidil for a couple of years and it did nothing for me but, combined with dermarolling, it has worked wonders.

Increased absorption. The point is, is dermarolling ONLY doing sh*t anything?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And there’s also an idiot whom believes this:
“Actually now, dutasteride or finasteride make finding cancers easier due the smaller prostate.” ... When the clinical fact is the opposite, oh wait now, wasn’t this your comment??? Lmao.

Did you see this?

And there’s also an idiot whom believes this:
“Actually now, dutasteride or finasteride make finding cancers easier due the smaller prostate.” ... When the clinical fact is the opposite, oh wait now, wasn’t this your comment??? Lmao.

Did you see this?

The only idiot here is your dumb ***, thinking that you can avoid balding without lowering androgens on your scalp.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa0908127

You are not only wrong, but you are going bald. You can minoxidil and roll all day, with androgens on your scalp you are going to continue your one way to ticket to the norwood cemetery. Keep coping.

The only idiot here is your dumb ***, thinking that you can avoid balding without lowering androgens on your scalp. Let's see in 5 years how much people using no finasteride/dutasteride/anti androgens to lower scalp androgen follicle massacre will be doing. Maybe those that have cuck levels of androgens naturally can get away with some dermapenning and minoxidil but those of us which have huge *** hair, huge balls, big libido, low bodyfat etc, are fucked without lowering androgens.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The front and crown still have some thinning, especially at the temples, but I can see my hair line returning, it's just a slow process.
So I would say yes it's still growing more. Especially in length.

I may have to do a hair transplant still if I stabilize like this and hairline/temples don't grow in. Which I was always open to.

The thickness on top middle especially is every bit as thick as it's ever been. And the middle top in recovery was always a bit ahead of the crown and front. We'll see in a few months if I keep improving or not. I'll make an 18 month update in 5 months :)

Aha, nice. Positive results!

How long does a microneedling-session take?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I kept losing hair even on minoxidil. I never quit minoxidil. Been using it diligently since the first day. Infact I even switch from finasteride to dutasteride and still no improvement in hair.

Get a BLOODWORK and see what your free t, total t, DHT, estrogen, prolacting, progesterone, LH, SBGH levels are. Some dude here was on freaking dutasteride and his DHT didn't even move. I think some people just don't metabolize the thing.

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you see this?

Did you see this?

The only idiot here is your dumb ***, thinking that you can avoid balding without lowering androgens on your scalp.

The only idiot here is your dumb ***, thinking that you can avoid balding without lowering androgens on your scalp. Let's see in 5 years how much people using no finasteride/dutasteride/anti androgens to lower scalp androgen follicle massacre will be doing. Maybe those that have cuck levels of androgens naturally can get away with some dermapenning and minoxidil but those of us which have huge *** hair, huge balls, big libido, low bodyfat etc, are fucked without lowering androgens.

have you ever consider doing MtF operation ? Could work for you, you already have the mentality.