Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
@roberta why have you copied kiwis profile pic? You freaking me out with your weirdness.

On another note, you in the UK?
God knows. What a clown.

@roberta I’ve asked you what you want to achieve by constantly trying to discredit needling. No answer to a real question. It’s not surprising.

What do you hope to achieve copying my avatar? Other than confusing members and in doing so contributing even less than previously. Hard to believe considering you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel.

@Admin this new member is nothing but trouble, he/she has nothing to contribute to this particular thread, infact is actively replying to everybody repeating the same misinformation (aka opinion aka it doesn’t work for me therefore it doesn’t work) and just being mean by calling people names. Not awesome community person, can you please ban or give a temp ban?

You’ll notice more than a few of us with track record of supporting people on this site tend to agree with this opinion.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
alright, so you consider yourself the hairlosstalk police lol
you seem to be susceptible to conspiracy theories. so what`s my agenda sheriff? curious to know

all i am saying is that microneedling alone doesn't work for cosmetically relevant hair growth, however it seems to be a reasonable penetration tool for other compounds so they can work better on their own. what's wrong with that officer?

That is clearly not all that you’re saying. You’re also insulting members and spreading your singular experiences as gospel.

If you truly think that is all you’re saying than can you stop repeating yourself and move on. We’ve heard you now. Bye bye.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

To be honest, evaluating progress of your hair growth is going to be a lot more tougher than the general folks here because you are barely balding. Except the slight hairloss in the crown area, you have a thick mop of hair.
For others who post their progress pictures, the results are clear as a day because of the extent of balding they managed to recover from.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
you started to insult me because i said that it did't work for me and that we have close to zero evidence that it works at all (apart from two lousy garbage studies). whatever, i am back at the private forum

looks like zero to minor regrowth to me. but could be lighting as well.

Two lousy garbage studies?!? Dude. The scientists involved in those studies and the people that participated in those studies have served the balding community more than you ever will.

You can’t even contribute in a simple forum without being obnoxious and insulting people. It believe that you are only here to serve yourself.

lol and you are definitely NOT in the private forums. You would not last 2 minutes.

PLEASE go back to your own “private forum”. Then we would never have to read your depressing rhetoric ever again.

number 4 looks best...cant really tell which is the worst

I thought so to. Doesn’t look bad to me.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, evaluating progress of your hair growth is going to be a lot more tougher than the general folks here because you are barely balding. Except the slight hairloss in the crown area, you have a thick mop of hair.
For others who post their progress pictures, the results are clear as a day because of the extent of balding they managed to recover from.

One could be losing hair but still have a what looks like thick hair. They’re probably just not “there yet” none of my friends know or at least pointed out I’m losing hair. With diffuse thinning sometimes it could be hard to see in picture.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Two lousy garbage studies?!? Dude. The scientists involved in those studies and the people that participated in those studies have served the balding community more than you ever will.

If people can't reproduce the results with the same methods and processes used in a study, then its per definition bad science.

So if a study only works on a narrow field of people (we don't how how they "randomly" select) in a study, then we should be aware of what kind of people there is being used.

And the "statistics" is a serious problem in many studies within many fields of science.

How can you even do trust worthy statistics with a low number of people? And how do we even know if the people used are people that are good responders, bad, what ever they are, the studies rarely even describe this.

We should be more critical about the studies that people link too, just like people are starting to miscredit the mouse studies on this forum. Becuase it have proven there is none to a little connection from mice to human.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If people can't reproduce the results with the same methods and processes used in a study, then its per definition bad science.

So if a study only works on a narrow field of people (we don't how how they "randomly" select) in a study, then we should be aware of what kind of people there is being used.

And the "statistics" is a serious problem in many studies within many fields of science.

How can you even do trust worthy statistics with a low number of people? And how do we even know if the people used are people that are good responders, bad, what ever they are, the studies rarely even describe this.

We should be more critical about the studies that people link too, just like people are starting to miscredit the mouse studies on this forum. Becuase it have proven there is none to a little connection from mice to human.

Didn’t Folica or whatever it’s called did similar research on this?

I still don’t get whats the point of debating those two research relentlessly. This ain’t an academic forum. I trust some of the users’ results and their methods here and instead of moaning about how flawed the research could be, how about just fking get on with it? Again it doesn’t take much effort and money at all so why not encourage people to try it? I feel like a lot of the debate here around “science” doesn’t really help those of us who just wants to know what works for at least some people here.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn’t Folica or whatever it’s called did similar research on this?

I still don’t get whats the point of debating those two research relentlessly. This ain’t an academic forum. I trust some of the users’ results and their methods here and instead of moaning about how flawed the research could be, how about just fking get on with it? Again it doesn’t take much effort and money at all so why not encourage people to try it? I feel like a lot of the debate here around “science” doesn’t really help those of us who just wants to know what works for at least some people here.

But this is the "New research, studies and technologies" part of the forum.

I must say its essential to discuss the science or lack of it. So we can highlight believable science and not broscience, where people give credit to something that is more random than scientific.

We have other places on this forum to discuss alternative treatments, minoxidil and what not.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But this is the "New research, studies and technologies" part of the forum.

I must say its essential to discuss the science or lack of it. So we can highlight believable science and not broscience, where people give credit to something that is more random than scientific.

We have other places on this forum to discuss alternative treatments, minoxidil and what not.

True. Should have a different thread discussing microneedling in a different section.

Can we not agree tho wounding is proven to show effect in regrowing hair? I feel like a lot of us are trying microneedling because we are maintaining or slowing the loss but not regrowing anything.

I’m just interested to know if microneedling could fill the gap for those of us who responds to anti androgen but not minoxidil in terms of regrowth. Since there’s really no real alternative to minoxidil.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is one of the best posts I have seen, and a very good example of healthy and well argumented criticism (I'm looking at you, @roberta)

This is exactly my take on this whole microneedling thing. At first, I was very exited to try this thing coz the scientific evidence firm the published study was promising. If science is properly done, results MUST be able to be reproduced if the same methodology is followed. Most people here actually followed the same methodologies as the first Indian and Chinese studies, and the outcome was FAR from the same.
Now, some people will argue that "everyone is different" to justify the fact that there are a lot non-responders here, but they fail to realize that this argument is a bad one, because given the results of the study, we SHOULD NOT expect this amount of non-responder. Following the numbers of the studies, we should expect a very small amount of non-responders, because according to those two, every single subject responded to the treatment at least to a degree.

What we should be discussing is WHY are we seeing this kind of non-reproducibility? I can think of some reasons:

1) a degree of dishonesty by the researchers, such as conveniently selecting good responders and ignoring the bad ones to skew their conclusion AFTER conducting the trials, which might make sense if there are competing interests. Rachita Dhurat, for example, allegedly has a dermarolling business. However, I cannot say the same for the Chinese authors of the second study.

2) non-random racial sampling: this has been discussed before. Every single needling study published so far (as far as I know) has been made by Asian researchers. As such, all the subjects are either Indian or Chinese individuals. Where are the damn western studies? Are there some genetic factors exclusive to Asian groups that make them more prone to respond to needling than predominantly European groups? That is something we cannot rule out yet.

3) small deviations from the original methodologies:
We are trying our best to imitate their methodology, however, what we cannot properly reproduce is the way the researchers have measured progress. That is, hair count by square cm and hair thickness. We simply lack the equipment to measure these variables, so we are left with no other options than to rely on the subjective self assessment. The thing is, the studies have also employed self assessments and even so, the outcome between them and this trial has been largely different. In the Dhurat and Chinese studies, the self-assessment reports are mostly positive, with close to zero unsatisfied subjects. There is no question that this is NOT the case here.
However there is an important detail we should take into account, as pointed out by another user the other day. In the Dhurat study, every subject had their head shaved. Here, a lot of us are doing this with our non-shaved hair. Shaving a subject's hair may make it easier to note progress because you can notice new follicles and increasing density in the absence of dense hair obstructing our view.

It should be noted though, that the new micrineedling study (another Chinese one, LOL) published this year produced results that are more in line with what we are seeing here, but I would also dare to say that even then, response rates are somewhat higher in that study than in this trial.

What else do you think that might be happening to explain the discrepancy between the published studies and our reality? I think this is something worth discussing.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is one of the best posts I have seen, and a very good example of healthy and well argumented criticism (I'm looking at you, @roberta)

This is exactly my take on this whole microneedling thing. At first, I was very exited to try this thing coz the scientific evidence firm the published study was promising. If science is properly done, results MUST be able to be reproduced if the same methodology is followed. Most people here actually followed the same methodologies as the first Indian and Chinese studies, and the outcome was FAR from the same.
Now, some people will argue that "everyone is different" to justify the fact that there are a lot non-responders here, but they fail to realize that this argument is a bad one, because given the results of the study, we SHOULD NOT expect this amount of non-responder. Following the numbers of the studies, we should expect a very small amount of non-responders, because according to those two, every single subject responded to the treatment at least to a degree.

What we should be discussing is WHY are we seeing this kind of non-reproducibility? I can think of some reasons:

1) a degree of dishonesty by the researchers, such as conveniently selecting good responders and ignoring the bad ones to skew their conclusion AFTER conducting the trials, which might make sense if there are competing interests. Rachita Dhurat, for example, allegedly has a dermarolling business. However, I cannot say the same for the Chinese authors of the second study.

2) non-random racial sampling: this has been discussed before. Every single needling study published so far (as far as I know) has been made by Asian researchers. As such, all the subjects are either Indian or Chinese individuals. Where are the damn western studies? Are there some genetic factors exclusive to Asian groups that make them more prone to respond to needling than predominantly European groups? That is something we cannot rule out yet.

We are trying our best to imitate their methodology, however, what we cannot properly reproduce is the way the researchers have measured progress. That is, hair count by square cm and hair thickness. We simply lack the equipment to measure these variables, so we are left with no other options than to rely on the subjective self assessment. The thing is, the studies have also employed self assessments and even so, the outcome between them and this trial has been largely different. In the Dhurat and Chinese studies, the self-assessment reports are mostly positive, with close to zero unsatisfied subjects. There is no question that this is NOT the case here.
However there is an important detail we should take into account, as pointed out by another user the other day. In the Dhurat study, every subject had their head shaved. Here, a lot of us are doing this with our non-shaved hair. Shaving a subject's hair may make it easier to note progress because you can notice new follicles and increasing density in the absence of dense hair obstructing our view.

It should be noted though, that the new micrineedling study (another Chinese one, LOL) published this year produced results that are more in line with what we are seeing here, but I would also dare to say that even then, response rates are somewhat higher in that study than in this trial.

What else do you think that might be happening to explain the discrepancy between the published studies and our reality? I think this is something worth discussing.

I don’t get it. I think there are actually a lot of good responders here. Spironolactone 200mg was proven to be a good treatment for female pattern hair loss yet you see on female hair loss oriented forums, most of us don’t respond to or regrow anything from this drug.

I do wonder and agree with you if the research was directed towards Asian ethnicity, given that I see far more Asian female thinning than other race And they seem to really believe in acupuncture

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get rid of dark eye circles caused by minoxidil? I think this is working for me but damn I can't get rid of these dark eye patches that make me look like I'm an extra on the walking dead.

Gotten Siken

My Regimen
Reaction score
Needling Progress Test #2:

I recently got to the 6 month mark of weekly needling (also on finasteride and min for 3 years) and I took several pictures to assess progress. However, as I said before in the prev test 3 months ago, I want a clean and bias free assessment from you guys, so I am performing this blind test again to address whether this thing is working for me or not.

I am going to post 4 pictures: ONLY ONE of them is the BEFORE (Pre-Needling) picture, and the remaining 3 of them are the after (post 6 months of needling) pictures. I randomized the order of the 4 pics and labeled them with numbers. The idea is that you should try to guess which is THE WORST PIC in terms of hair density of all the four I am posting.

The rationale is this: If needling is working, then the trend should be that most of you guys are picking the real BEFORE pic. If it's not working, then I should expect either no pattern at all, or most people picking one of the AFTER pics (post 6 months needling) as the worst pic.

Keep in mind that in all pics I tried to comb my hair in the worst posible way so my awful crown gets as exposed as possible,and were taken in the same angle, with somewhat the same natural illumination.

I will tell you guys the outcome of this experiment when I get to at least 10 votes.
I would really appreciate some help, please lemme know your opinion.
@Longway886 @kiwi666 @kiwipilu @Bill_Russo @NilesCrane @Headdy @Pigeon @Kagaho @samantha3333 @baldman329 @chen @longtimelurker @Kitedude @benjt2

4 is the best one without doubt. If it is not the newest one i might say microneedling doesnt work on you.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
i totally agree and i am sorry if anyone felt offended. it's just really frustrating to read all the BS that comes from @kiwi666 mouth. someone had to teach him a lesson. i am glad you agree with the stuff @MeDK said in his post. this is exactly what i had in mind :) well done

You’re insinuating I don’t like thorough science. I do.

Infact that’s pretty much all you do. Insinuate. Please don’t take credit or try and ride the coat tails of somebody else’s great post.

You’re a lair and we caught you yesterday. You’re a bully. You’re insulting to people.

Like I said. Please just go back to your “private forums”. We won’t miss you.

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get rid of dark eye circles caused by minoxidil? I think this is working for me but damn I can't get rid of these dark eye patches that make me look like I'm an extra on the walking dead.
Are you doing some of the suggestions. Like not doing it right before bed? Thoroughly washing your forehead?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

I’d like to think it’s #3... everybody here is using different methods, different devices, has different hair length, different depths,

Obviously science is responsible for the growth some people have got. It’s not f*****g Magic. Whether that science is needling? Needling + min? The dury is still out.

Unless we’re okay with calling the responders here lairs as well (and the only lair we’ve caught red handed is @roberta) we need to acknowledge what we see. Some photos show growth I can’t debt. Others not so much. So I’m not prepared to call most of the people here lairs since I’ve literally watched people try new things / techniques and fail over years.

My argument. My only point. Is that it clearly works for some people some of the time as evidenced by the pictures they share. So saying over and over and over about the science isn’t really helpful for people that want to have a crack at this.

They might be positive responders and it’s in all of our best interests to get as many people doing it as possible.

I know for for sure that it does not work at all for those that don’t try at all.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless we’re okay with calling the responders here lairs as well (and the only lair we’ve caught red handed is @roberta) we need to acknowledge what we see. Some photos show growth I can’t debt. Others not so much. So I’m not prepared to call most of the people here lairs since I’ve literally watched people try new things / techniques and fail over years.

My argument. My only point. Is that it clearly works for some people some of the time as evidenced by the pictures they share. So saying over and over and over about the science isn’t really helpful for people that want to have a crack at this.

We are not here for the name calling, but I think you're missing a special point in all of this, and some others might to.

We can't base a treatment that works on outliers as a general treatment for everyone.

So no need to call anyone lairs and what not, just because people doesn't agree with the results.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are not here for the name calling, but I think you're missing a special point in all of this, and some others might to.

We can't base a treatment that works on outliers as a general treatment for everyone.

So no need to call anyone lairs and what not, just because people doesn't agree with the results.
We? Are you and Roberta a team?

I was calling @roberta out lying about the private forums. Which speaks loudly about trust here.

I agree with your points. But what’s the actual point? To what end do you want to be “right”?

Do you agree that there is no harm in trying needling? And do you also agree that some of the photos people have shared here are truthful? Members that many of us have known for years I might add. Do you agree that some people are seeing results regardless of ethnicity?

If so, maybe the point of this thread is lost on you.

We’re a community of people that want to grow their hair back and try alternatives out. That’s all man. We’re all deaperate at some level.

So why piss on the party?

We KNOW the two you are talking about specifically are small time studies but the fact that some people are getting results is hopeful for people here. And in and of itself proof that there’s another solution. And that IS science. It IS biology.

Also don’t leave out Follica who also use needling and are investing millions into this science.

f*** it man. There’s more proof that needling works than there is of there being a god!?!? Riddle me that!

Honestly, that is why this exists, and it’s not awesome to read through all the BS.

Is the ONLY point of @roberta to piss on the people that report results. And to praise people like you for you’re well wrote post. Seriously? It’s so lame.

Last edited: