Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just think we should try to filter our sources and see what is credible and what is not, so we have a better idea of what really works.
About the guy from the video, besides what we already know, that he is the representative of a company trying to make money, he uses 0.5mm roller, which won't help you unless MAYBE if you are trying to make a product absorb better. The exact product they are trying to sell.
He is rolling 0.5mm once a week. I really doubt that will help anyone.
So not everyone who doesn't believe someone is automatically against needling, just trying to refine what is real is what is not.
Anyone is free to choose to believe whatever they want and needle or not needle however they want, but you guys shouldn't silence people who are adding information about a video or seller.

Look, of course I’m not saying needling is 100% effective. After trying so many things, i don’t even think there’s anything that would help me (hair system is the last thing and probably the most effective thing I’d try when it comes to it). I’m just trying say it’s a low cost method with minimal side effects which only requires discipline. Why not encourage people to try it? Every day that goes by when you’re not doing something, you are not getting younger.

You guys made your points. We got it. Now can we please again focus on methods and results? If you’re really so passionate about disproving micro meddling, why not make a new thread?

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wow, you obviously live on another planet because that's not my logic, that's reality little miss puppet

That is actually your logic. You said that he could be doing something behind the scene that was not only just microneedling. So any users and researchers could be doing just that. Any research that you agree with could be doing just that.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone is wasting their time replying to and arguing with @roberta
Roberta is just a bitter troll. No treatment produces the same results in everyone. Some people go from Norwood 6 to Norwood 2 just on finasteride and then there are people like me who keep losing hair even on Dutasteride. It's our individual body chemistry that plays a huge role in how well the treatments work.
We already have a thread with results from numerous people compiled together and all of them showcase progress over different timelines and different rates of progress - https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-photo-results-summary.121072/

Stop wasting your time trying to change the minds of trolls. If they don't believe the treatments work, then so be it. Let them come up with useless conspiracy theories all day long. Just ignore their messages as if they never existed.

Yep, I used the ignore function on him/her/it. I couldn’t find the block function.

Roland1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been applying minoxidil + microneedling for a month, 1.5mm once a week (5 sessions), and I can testify that it is really effective in my case, with a lot of TRUE regrowths, already measuring 10/15mm. I precise i started both at the same time, and that I never took something else before.

That's not the point I wanted to share with you. Like many of you, there are also many vellus hair that don't seem to grow : lazy ones ...
There is my proposal or request, and I don't know if it has ever been discussed here : have you tried to remove this vellus hair, as deep as possible (wit the bulb), with depilation method ? In order to help your body to "try again" until it builds stronger hair ?

By the way, it's interesting to compare microneedling (and perhaps depilation :D ?) with bodybuilding, or vaccination/immunization, because it all about wounding, breaking in order to enhance the body to be stronger and more resilient.

Best regards

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
i did my first session of derma pen wouding last night, with 1.25mm depth. Saw a bit of redness and few blood spots. applied minoxidil 12 hours later. Will take some pics later (for before and after comparisons).
will do derma pen once a week and see i get on.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This!
thank your for being so diplomatic.

it's hard to remain sane in a thread where people like kiwi display an incredible arrogance towards rational arguments and rational thinking folks. this needling thing has developed into a cultish-like dogma where every little success is celebrated by their disciples but on the other hand, any form of cirisism is nipped in the bud immediately.
kiwi is neither intelligent, nor a scientist + he has discredited himself multiple times, so why would anyone in this thread believe him?
I think there’s a middle ground. Skepticism and rationality should always be welcomed, but I think it’s your inflammatory comments and weird obsession with trying to discredit needling that’s annoying people.

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, im gonna try OGV + derma roller + Minoxidil, now im NW7 27yo (sry for my eng. im using google trasnslate)
First april i was only on OGV (Onion Garlic A C Vinegar), 1 week ago i bought Derma Roller 1mm (ZGTS i think you already know this brand, its not advert.)
What i do now
  • In the morning i aply OGV mixture and cover my scalp with potilen & cap (keep it 1 huor)
  • At lunch i use Derma Roller with hard pressing (little blood spots) and immediately aply minoxidil 1ml.
  • Before sleep again minoxidil 1ml

Last edited:

img.ra

My Regimen
Reaction score
is there even a difference ? besides the hairstyling and skin tan?
That's it. No significant effect (if any), but if you try to use a magnifying glass, you can find new little ones (or some of them are darker now). I think that this effect can only cause a small smile on the faces of others, but for me it is a sign that something is happening. However this is far from saying that the needling with minoxidil can do more than minoxidil alone.

Even if @roberta is a kind of troll, we must be more careful with our expectations. Maybe many people have good results with needling they scalp, but if we lose our doubts, we lose something more. A skeptical approach is the only good approach not because there is no evidence that needling works, but because we still don’t know much about it. It is true that believing in the causative power of microneedling without prior protection of tested chemicals is a risky game, threatening to lose the fight against balding. If you're a gambler, try this. However, if you really care about your hair, start with something that really works

Last edited:

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, im gonna try OGV + derma roller + Minoxidil, now im NW7 27yo (sry for my eng. im using google trasnslate)
First april i was only on OGV (Onion Garlic A C Vinegar), 1 week ago i bought Derma Roller 1mm (ZGTS i think you already know this brand, its not advert.)
What i do now
  • In the morning i aply OGV mixture and cover my scalp with potilen & cap (keep it 1 huor)
  • At lunch i use Derma Roller with hard pressing (little blood spots) and immediately aply minoxidil 1ml.
  • Before sleep again minoxidil 1ml
Now you are bald AND stink!

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it matter if it's dermarolling, monoxidil, or combo of both. As long as the hair is growing back. The results is what matters. If it doesn't work for you, then back to waiting for truiji.

Doesn’t matter for those of us who can’t use minoxidil. Hence I’m ignoring those debate on whether microneedling without minor works. I’m out of things to try anyways apart from PRP, which I heard is worse than microneedling.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's it. No significant effect (if any), but if you try to use a magnifying glass, you can find new little ones (or some of them are darker now). I think that this effect can only cause a small smile on the faces of others, but for me it is a sign that something is happening. However this is far from saying that the needling with minoxidil can do more than minoxidil alone.

Even if @roberta is a kind of troll, we must be more careful with our expectations. Maybe many people have good results with needling they scalp, but if we lose our doubts, we lose something more. A skeptical approach is the only good approach not because there is no evidence that needling works, but because we still don’t know much about it. It is true that believing in the causative power of microneedling without prior protection of tested chemicals is a risky game, threatening to lose the fight against balding. If you're a gambler, try this. However, if you really care about your hair, start with something that really works

To be honest a lot of us are here because those proven drugs didn’t work or they had too many side effects. Not many people would go through the trouble of sticking some needles on their head if the finasteride/spironolactone/min etc work just fine. I think at this point is not even a matter of having high expectations or gambling. The results we see so far seem good so it’s just something we could try. Try losing your hair for 6 years without having a tiny bit of regrowth as a young woman and you’d know I already lost all hopes. Im just needling until I’ve lost enough hair to get a wig.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Needling Progress Test #2:

I recently got to the 6 month mark of weekly needling (also on finasteride and min for 3 years) and I took several pictures to assess progress. However, as I said before in the prev test 3 months ago, I want a clean and bias free assessment from you guys, so I am performing this blind test again to address whether this thing is working for me or not.

I am going to post 4 pictures: ONLY ONE of them is the BEFORE (Pre-Needling) picture, and the remaining 3 of them are the after (post 6 months of needling) pictures. I randomized the order of the 4 pics and labeled them with numbers. The idea is that you should try to guess which is THE WORST PIC in terms of hair density of all the four I am posting.

The rationale is this: If needling is working, then the trend should be that most of you guys are picking the real BEFORE pic. If it's not working, then I should expect either no pattern at all, or most people picking one of the AFTER pics (post 6 months needling) as the worst pic.

Keep in mind that in all pics I tried to comb my hair in the worst posible way so my awful crown gets as exposed as possible,and were taken in the same angle, with somewhat the same natural illumination.

I will tell you guys the outcome of this experiment when I get to at least 10 votes.
I would really appreciate some help, please lemme know your opinion.
@Longway886 @kiwi666 @kiwipilu @Bill_Russo @NilesCrane @Headdy @Pigeon @Kagaho @samantha3333 @baldman329 @chen @longtimelurker @Kitedude @benjt2

Attachments

• IMG_20190506_202019.png
    IMG_20190506_202019.png
    890.1 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_20190506_202355.png
    IMG_20190506_202355.png
    837.2 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_20190506_202115.png
    IMG_20190506_202115.png
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_20190506_202257.png
    IMG_20190506_202257.png
    878 KB · Views: 638

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I recently got to the 6 month mark of weekly needling (also on finasteride and min for 3 years) and I took several pictures to assess progress. However, as I said before in the prev test 3 months ago, I want a clean and bias free assessment from you guys, so I am performing this blind test again to address whether this thing is working for me or not.

I am going to post 4 pictures: ONLY ONE of them is the BEFORE (Pre-Needling) picture, and the remaining 3 of them are the after (post 6 months of needling) pictures. I randomized the order of the 4 pics and labeled them with numbers. The idea is that you should try to guess which is THE WORST PIC in terms of hair density of all the four I am posting.

The rationale is this: If needling is working, then the trend should be that most of you guys are picking the real BEFORE pic. If it's not working, then I should expect either no pattern at all, or most people picking one of the AFTER pics (post 6 months needling) as the worst pic.

Keep in mind that in all pics I tried to comb my hair in the worst posible way so my awful crown gets as exposed as possible,and were taken in the same angle, with somewhat the same natural illumination.

I will tell you guys the outcome of this experiment when I get to at least 10 votes.
@Longway886 @kiwi666 @kiwipilu @Bill_Russo @NilesCrane @Headdy @Pigeon @Kagaho @samantha3333 @baldman329 @chen @longtimelurker @Kitedude @benjt2

Don’t know mate. 1-3 look similar to me. Maybe 3 is the worst? And 4 just seems like it’s under different lighting. Your hair looks good tho.

Were finasteride and min working before?

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Judging by the pictures, I'm ready to be disappointed either way I guess.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey bro. Dark blue teeshirt (4th one down) looks best. I’m hoping that is your after shot.