Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone dealing with frequent sheds? My hair grows but then sheds massively 3-4 weeks in. This has been happening since a long time and while I am seeing some very minor improvements in density I am concerned if the frequent sheds undo all the progress

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone dealing with frequent sheds? My hair grows but then sheds massively 3-4 weeks in. This has been happening since a long time and while I am seeing some very minor improvements in density I am concerned if the frequent sheds undo all the progress

I dont get sheds (above what I consider normal). I cant recall how often, how deep or how hard you needle. But if you are concerned you may way want to ease your regimen such as reducing frequency. Observe for perhaps six weeks and reassess your frequency.

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score

I thought it was just me. Like you said but it comes back quickly seems within 2 weeks. I think it's a good thing.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Its actually about 3 if you count minoxidil and some light rolling before I got the the pen. As for routine about the only thing consistent is Dr Pen @ 1.5mm every friday (12 needle cartridges). Couple times I've hit it mid week at .5 as well. Few times I've used the roller right after min. I do use 1% nizoral twice weekly. Also straight undiluted peppermint oil directly on scalp every other day. Not sure if it helps with growth but it kills the itch and makes my scalp feel a lot healthier.
How hard to you wound? Do you draw blood? Blood spots? Or just mild redness? Thanks!

FinCandy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I dermarollered using the derminator for the first time last week and my hairline right now is completely see through in certain spots where as literally the day before dermarolling it was not at all. I'm hoping this is just a temporary shed because otherwise this just made my hairline a lot worse. I am not using minoxidil and have been on finasteride for 8 months.

Mr.Sprinkles79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, here are a couple more pics. I bought a hand mirror so i could get a better look at the back of my head without relying on pics.. i was really kinda surprised by what i saw. I wish i had the mirror when i started this. My baseline pics arent the greatest (just learning how to use my damn camera) But the pic from feb pretty much shows how shitty my crown was. I think there are alot of vellus hair that the camera didnt pick up very well in the baseline but these hairs were so thin and sparse anyway. Right now when i run my hand over my crown.. all i feel is hair. I barely feel bald anymore. It still has a way to go.. but damn seems like its not far off i wont have a bald spot anymore. The bottom of my crown seems to be greatest area of improvement! It also looks like the sides of my crown are closing in quick. Again sorry for the slightly different color temp in the pics.. camera setting.. These pics are like 2 months apart..

LInk to Album

Feb 8th
tpxP4ejJGnHk2_x5H_fxr01nXaMRD_j0bc3zPJEgAuxPc7pVqG-6SoiUvkC1fth3uzVsReaCdEDd8JyEKCdinHFFUw=w2400.jpg

ozwv6ti4cWihnL297

April 12th
c0g9bbAyReGnQuVZxKhxC6qw0UpG-T5g3Gizw30vneW8AT-KR-pXkzPYiupfcHUj-njBEQQ8YYC2i6KnKJyLHZtFZw=w2400.jpg

KXM84qEWjFqMxQjU7

pur3Mno3m1irkwHJA

Jan 3rd
_F72ff4nI41V_52AvMRjWGK1NxnpEuEL4kIl6XVlQVLxFdDhSuqmUn9OVHE4QFVXPaFDrV68vvUgVyLaHV-K76NXGg=w2400.jpg

Gq5xakg76zSixvis6

April 12th
Hi5IwXXE3vELNQxzOvrZa4ApjpuYhedOPjpbKvTSbbaZrUFWq_X5ELxRBBa0GQMjQFWQeCpIRyhpJOETQftDIowLnw=w2400.jpg

A4hjkg8NNpdWCQRo8

Last edited:

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, here are a couple more pics. I bought a hand mirror so i could get a better look at the back of my head without relying on pics.. i was really kinda surprised by what i saw. I wish i had the mirror when i started this. My baseline pics arent the greatest (just learning how to use my damn camera) But the pic from feb pretty much shows how shitty my crown was. I think there are alot of vellus hair that the camera didnt pick up very well in the baseline but these hairs were so thin and sparse anyway. Right now when i run my hand over my crown.. all i feel is hair. I barely feel bald anymore. It still has a way to go.. but damn seems like its not far off i wont have a bald spot anymore. The bottom of my crown seems to be greatest area of improvement! It also looks like the sides of my crown are closing in quick. Again sorry for the slightly different color temp in the pics.. camera setting.. These pics are like 2 months apart..

LInk to Album

Feb 8th
ozwv6ti4cWihnL297

April 12th
KXM84qEWjFqMxQjU7

pur3Mno3m1irkwHJA

Jan 3rd
Gq5xakg76zSixvis6

April 12th
A4hjkg8NNpdWCQRo8
I had to go to the link to see your pics, but judging by the look you got really nice results

INT

Reaction score

LInk to Album

Feb 8th
View attachment 117098
ozwv6ti4cWihnL297

April 12th
View attachment 117099
KXM84qEWjFqMxQjU7

pur3Mno3m1irkwHJA

Jan 3rd
View attachment 117100
Gq5xakg76zSixvis6

April 12th
View attachment 117101
A4hjkg8NNpdWCQRo8

Looking good! Just from dermarolling?

Mr.Sprinkles79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking good! Just from dermarolling?
thanks guys.. im still kind of in disbelief that this seems to be working lol.

minoxidil nizoral 2% and some supplements i take. Here's the post with a little more detail LINK

See how the left side of my head doesnt seem to be responding as fast? Little concerned about that.. Its always been thinner on that side.

Also one note, I havent seen much improvement on the top of my head..where i wasnt using min. i could be wrong..I think my hair was alot shittier 3 months ago and now its meh (on top) i just started using min on my whole scalp and not just the crown and hairline/temples. So i really think minoxidil is pretty important.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

LInk to Album

Feb 8th
View attachment 117102
ozwv6ti4cWihnL297

April 12th
View attachment 117103
KXM84qEWjFqMxQjU7

pur3Mno3m1irkwHJA

Jan 3rd
View attachment 117104
Gq5xakg76zSixvis6

April 12th
View attachment 117105
A4hjkg8NNpdWCQRo8
Congrats. How often do you needle? Mild redness or do u draw blood?

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do some of the guys here draw so much blood or perform brutal rolling?
I did my most brutal session today with 1.5mm roller. Pressed hard. Multiple passes over the same areas, even with that I had only have tiny spots at most places and no marks at all at some places. How hard do I need to roll? SMH!

Mr.Sprinkles79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats. How often do you needle? Mild redness or do u draw blood?

I do once a week, at 1.75mm. Usually its just until a good deep red with little blood. i kinda think the tips i have, have alot to do with it. ive had to toss a tip or two because they didnt seems to work very well. I reuse them a couple times and just ordered new tips. Duration seems to have a part in if theres blood or not. It also seems now the redness doesnt last as long as it did when i started and doenst seem to peel nearly as bad. Maybe the scalp is healing faster? When i start to peel now, in the shower i take a straight comb and it helps remove the dead skin.

Mr.Sprinkles79

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my most brutal session today with 1.5mm roller. Pressed hard. Multiple passes over the same areas, even with that I had only have tiny spots at most places and no marks at all at some places. How hard do I need to roll? SMH!

honestly i dont see how a roller is going to do nearly as much as a pen. A pen is going to put a couple hundred wounds in the same small area in just a few seconds. And you dont have to guess so much on how hard you need to press.

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
How hard to you wound? Do you draw blood? Blood spots? Or just mild redness? Thanks!

As much as I can stand and I'll admit I'm a sissy. Best I can do is a few hard passes at 1.75 and by then I am making noises like chuck norris is giving me a spinal adjustment. At first I didn't bleed at all but the last couple times there has been blood. Dunno maybe new blood vessels are forming?

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends...I am using a roller now instead of a pen. Easier for me to use. I dont have to concentrate that I keep the pen in the right position when moving. There is no noise as well.
Ok..I am just rolling with 1mm over a relatively small area what makes it easier. Pain is still acceptable...just.
If there were a professional service around at my place I probably would go to 1.5mm with a pen....once a fortnight

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you have a dr pen? There is no comparison...its like a little jackhammer. I don't even know if I could replicate it with a roller.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have a dr pen? There is no comparison...its like a little jackhammer. I don't even know if I could replicate it with a roller.
Dr. Pen is out of my budget but after reading your initial post about dermapen being better than roller I ordered a cheap MYM dermapen this morning. Hopefully, I'll be able to afford the derma pen soon

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheap pens are a waste of money.

Trust me.

One of the two different types of stamps I ordered arrived and the stamp is far superior.

You should either go for Dr Pen USA or Derminator 2 if you want a reliable pen.

Otherwise, use a stamp. It gives you so much more control.

Cheap pens keep getting stuck or their cartridges are sh*t. I had 10 cartridges and 7 were defective.
My derminator is still going strong.

Did another 2mm session last night. Time to turn up the intensity and buy some minoxidil :p

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meanwhile I stuck on my progress..is there any Update by Number guy? If he still making progress he must be a full head now? Or dermarolling only boost initallly Minoxidil? I don't know..

Last edited: