Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Joe Marini

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I'm super worried I've fucked up by giving myself shock loss on my temples, they were WAYYYY better off before this, I'm gonna stop I think and pray this hair comes back or I'm done with life. This sucks
The first problem is you want to regrow on the temples. Temples are black holes - I think people should forget about them. Only rare cases can people regrow temples.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The first problem is you want to regrow on the temples. Temples are black holes - I think people should forget about them. Only rare cases can people regrow temples.

I regrew and am currently seeing daily progress of my temples returning with dermarolling.

It's doable. First and foremost people have to believe and not think negatively.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone trying different approaches for the left and right hand side of the scalp?

I am thinking of doing the left temple with 1.5mm every 14 days, and the samller temple on the right with 1mm every 7 days.

Hopefully one of These two approaches with min does the trick!

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone trying different approaches for the left and right hand side of the scalp?

I am thinking of doing the left temple with 1.5mm every 14 days, and the samller temple on the right with 1mm every 7 days.

You know, you just gave me a fantastic idea. It's well known that there's a lot of things we still don't understand about needling and regrowth, and that several variables haven't been tested in the studies.
One of such important variables is frequency. There's a lot of speculation mixed with some anecdotes there. A lot of people are just suggesting "give it more to heal, 7 days isn't enough" while there are some weird cases in which regrowth has been achieved by rolling daily (or even twice a week).
The best experiment we could make to give us hints about frequency is what you just suggested, but going to extremes. Let's take advantage of our bilateral symmetry: we have two freaking temples. On one temple, we could needle weekly/every 14 days, and on the other, we could go aggressive and do it daily like Chen and Somebody. By comparing temples of the SAME individual, we are automatically ruling out confounding variables in this trial such as individual response rates due to unique genetic and physiological factors (in other words, the typical "everyone is different" argument).

An experiment like this, performed in the same scalp, is probably the best way we can find out how to optimize some un evaluated variables with microneedling.
I promise you guys that when I get to the 6 months mark, I'll buy a roller and needle my right temple everyday somewhat lightly , and every 7 days I'll hit my both of my temples with my dermapen. I'll evaluate in 3 months the difference between temples, and depending on results I'll start tinkering with other variables such as depth.
Anyone else wanna jump in this experiment?

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think temples are controlled by different genetics. Like, for me those follicles are gone. That high temple pattern is something my dad and grandfather had and aside from that they never lost a single hair or had thinning at all. So a full mop but still retracted at the temples.

I went NW6/7 and am now growing back, but I'm filling into a pattern that my dad/grandfather had. My temples are MIA.

Mr.Sprinkles79

My Regimen
Reaction score

After doing my right temple at 1mm right after I apply min/sandalore 5x a week for 1.5 months I'm seeing alot of new growth. Be it vellous hair, the hair is getting longer everytime I look at it. its almost a cosmetic improvement now. Started doing both temples and hairline about 2 weeks ago.

SpikeCB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm starting my treatment. Should minoxidil be liquid or foam?
It doesn't matter, it should just get to your scalp and not get stuck in your hair. Personally, I feel it's easier to do with liquid as the foam can get sprayed on your hair.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After doing my right temple at 1mm right after I apply min/sandalore 5x a week for 1.5 months I'm seeing alot of new growth. Be it vellous hair, the hair is getting longer everytime I look at it. its almost a cosmetic improvement now. Started doing both temples and hairline about 2 weeks ago.

1mm needling five times a week..that is hard. I suppose soft needling only for adsorption...am I right?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you apply the foam and Sandalore together? You do low carb? No bread etc?

Notorious90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had my first session on Saturday and still seeing flaking. Should I skip this Saturday and do once every two weeks?

dermaroller666

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s broscience man.

I’ve been slowly balding since 25 and I’m now 41 and had a hair transplant.

It’s still slowly balding. It f*****g sucks.

But I would agree that if you’re a full head at 30 you’re probably going to be okay.
it depends on the amount of hair you have lost i think.
But I agree that this isn't an exact science because they say that women will never totally lose all her hair and that's wrong. My grandmother was totally bald

dermaroller666

My Regimen
Reaction score
My father had full head of hair at 65 and now at 73 he is norwood 3 diffuse thinning. Baldness can hit you at any age ,there is no guaranteed age you could believe.
the french doctor said u become diffuse but not bald .This is not an androgenic alopecia that begin after 18 years old because of the hormones

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why no one there is using Licl with wounding ? it acts as a wnt agonist and is better to be used after needling.

did not do anything for me I used 10mg/ml for almost 1 year (every other week).. that's solid testimony from me. I guess if it works it should have worked for me? maybe it was a dosage problem? maybe VPA does a btter job. But one thing is for sure it was the legit LiCl.
I wonder if anyone had success here with this drug....

orphanfunkhouser

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So is a derma-roller (as opposed to a dermapen) still a good option if you do it carefully? I cant really afford an expensive derma pen right now

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After my previous freak out I feel like my temples have some new hair coming in on them, so now I'm not even sure what the f*** do regarding continuing or not haha