Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So is a derma-roller (as opposed to a dermapen) still a good option if you do it carefully? I cant really afford an expensive derma pen right now
To me, it seems it's mostly the same in terms of effectiveness. It hasn't been evaluated formally, but there seems to be equal amount of success cases for one and the other. However, the pen seems to inflict much less pain, so it's the favored device to people with low pain tolerance.

wemustchange

Reaction score
I just ordered my derminator 2. I will be using it with betadine @ 2 mm depth every 10 days. I have aggressive hair loss. By 19 my temples were gone and overall density poor. I am now 30 and have halted loss with finasteride then dutasteride. Ground lost when I would lapse in finasteride for months/year once or twice in the last decade. I've been stuck on a weak NW3 pattern for the last 10 years on meds. Destiny is Norwood 6/7 as that's where density is lost. Currently, 0.5 dutasteride ED, minoxidil x2 daily, nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week, RU x3 a week.

I will be getting FUE early next year but will try needling to see if there is anything to it. Being around the community for so long, I am skeptical at best. Every year there is a new hype train and people's desperation gets the best of them. Sad to see. Even more sad to see how many people refuse to get on finasteride/dutasteride for a proper timeframe and actually halt their loss.

dermaroller666

My Regimen
Reaction score
He is balding in norwood pattern ,how could I believe it is not male pattern baldness?
i don't know,there is a lot of reason of hairloss .If it's an androgenic alopecia fina and hormones work very well.There are guys here said fina don't work .You can do your conclusion yourself.In my case ,hormones work very very well almost instantly.The fall stops in one day and the hair is thicker because it's an hormonal problem in my case.

Last edited:

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So is a derma-roller (as opposed to a dermapen) still a good option if you do it carefully? I cant really afford an expensive derma pen right now

I would go for a dermastamp instead. I tried both and for me this is the best choice. you can really press all the way through the skin and it will be less painful than the roller.(from my xp), Also the wounds are surely "neater" as this is a vertical device and needles are needles. unlike roller you sometimes find chainsaw shaped needles. Also you need less alchohol to desinfect a dermastamp, this is a bonus

eeffoc

My Regimen
Reaction score
So far I've done 3 Derminator 2 sessions. The first two were spaced a week apart. And then 2 weeks between the second and third session. I've done 1.5mm with the 12 needle cartridge. Sterilizing scalp with betadine(let sit on scalp 5mins) and then rinsing off with distilled water.

Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any regrowth yet but I do know this is still early in treatment. I'll keep you guys posted if anything good happens!

wemustchange

Reaction score
So far I've done 3 Derminator 2 sessions. The first two were spaced a week apart. And then 2 weeks between the second and third session. I've done 1.5mm with the 12 needle cartridge. Sterilizing scalp with betadine(let sit on scalp 5mins) and then rinsing off with distilled water.

Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any regrowth yet but I do know this is still early in treatment. I'll keep you guys posted if anything good happens!

How long did your derminator take to arrive? Surely I am asking a question that was answered somewhere in this 500 page thread. However, their site states it takes a long time to arrive if ordered 6 months out of the year (lol?).

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tonight will be one month with Dr Pen. Two months before that with roller and I now realize...what I thought was moderate pressure was nothing compared to the pen.

Also re started minoxidil with roller.

Early on I used sandalore but dropped it pretty quick after some weird vision related sides.

Few years back was on big 3 for well over a year and got nothing close to this.

Seeing lots of new hairs...still babies but a few have thickened up and honestly to go from slick bald to anything at all in a few months is amazing!

Attachments

• 20190412_075802.jpg
    20190412_075802.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 1,230

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone else have some mild redness at the hairline/temples that persists for even 2 days after?

HowardWulkan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tonight will be one month with Dr Pen. Two months before that with roller and I now realize...what I thought was moderate pressure was nothing compared to the pen.

Early on I used sandalore but dropped it pretty quick after some weird vision related sides.

Seeing lots of new hairs...still babies but a few have thickened up and honestly to go from slick bald to anything at all in a few months is amazing!

Dude that is HUGE for a month. Are you still doing finasteride too?

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
no finasteride but that's something i'm a little torn on. I know I will eventually but should I start now or strengthen what I can and start when I feel I've maxed out with the needling?

Boxer

My Regimen
Reaction score
New poster, long time reader...

Having read through most of this topic during recent weeks and hearing about the various approaches and results, I've decided to try this out for myself.

I have been maintaining on Minoxidil for the last year and a half or so, with no noticeable improvement beyond that. But as I've a reluctance to try finasteride after being put off by potential sides, I figured that I'd give this a go.

I can't really work out whether the choice of device had much effect for a given needle length. At this point I am probably likely to go with Dr Pen, but I'm currently reading up on their Ultima A1, A6 and A7 with a view to deciding which type to buy in the next few days.

Once things are underway, I'll be sure to post some updates as time passes.

HowardWulkan

My Regimen
Reaction score
no finasteride but that's something i'm a little torn on. I know I will eventually but should I start now or strengthen what I can and start when I feel I've maxed out with the needling?

Yeah, I think the jury is still out on whether or not the gains are maintainable without finasteride. I haven't even decided if I want to do minoxidil let alone finasteride. Hard to make a decision when half the people on forums will say it will make your dick fall off and half say its perfectly safe lol.

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
It wasn't that bad for me the year I was on it. Just a minor decrease in libido...I was already well into my 30s though.

Yeah, I think the jury is still out on whether or not the gains are maintainable without finasteride. I haven't even decided if I want to do minoxidil let alone finasteride. Hard to make a decision when half the people on forums will say it will make your dick fall off and half say its perfectly safe lol.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Congrats man. Crazy results for 1 month. What’s your routine? How often/depth/how hard do you wound? Thanks!

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone else get streak of red lines on their scalp after using a pen? Most my scalp is red, but I also have an even more red streak of where my pen hit, is this micro tearing that everyone fears? Or just heavy dermarolling where I put the pen?

I dermaroll at 1.75mm currently every 2 weeks. Then some 0.75 every week

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Its actually about 3 if you count minoxidil and some light rolling before I got the the pen. As for routine about the only thing consistent is Dr Pen @ 1.5mm every friday (12 needle cartridges). Couple times I've hit it mid week at .5 as well. Few times I've used the roller right after min. I do use 1% nizoral twice weekly. Also straight undiluted peppermint oil directly on scalp every other day. Not sure if it helps with growth but it kills the itch and makes my scalp feel a lot healthier.

Congrats man. Crazy results for 1 month. What’s your routine? How often/depth/how hard do you wound? Thanks!

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

So you believe that the results are because pen + minoxidil?