Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply minoxidil almost directly after needling, no issues so far and i'm four months in and needle every week.
Not saying that is a good idea but it's at least not guaranteed to cause issues. Also i use 10% minoxidil on my face twice a day additionally to the minoxidil on my scalp. I'm going full steam towards an minoxidil overdose! choo-choo

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tiny hairs on my hair line are growing, it’s been 75 days since needling, and i only put min on my hairline. I will add min on my entire scalp after mid May, i hope i can get decent regrow

aldog

Reaction score
Minoxidil + Regenepure Dr + needling.

1.5 mm. Hard. Wounding.

Congrats on the results, but are you certain on the keto shampoo? It's a strong anti inflammatory, which negates a wounding regimen, especially if applied topically everyday.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply minoxidil almost directly after needling, no issues so far and i'm four months in and needle every week.
Not saying that is a good idea but it's at least not guaranteed to cause issues. Also i use 10% minoxidil on my face twice a day additionally to the minoxidil on my scalp. I'm going full steam towards an minoxidil overdose! choo-choo

10percent! Wow that's a lot of minoxidil in the body!

I take it you're trying to grow a beard too?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on the results, but are you certain on the keto shampoo? It's a strong anti inflammatory, which negates a wounding regimen, especially if applied topically everyday.

I have no idea, it's working. I've been doing it literally every day. The day of wounding and the morning after.

I think I'm the only person that is using ketaconzole every single day, whether it's Regenepure DR or Nizoral

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

ye that's quite a lot. But You lucky enough you are amongst people who dont have side effects. but like you say that's not something to recommend. Some experience sides effects with only low dose. it's the same for finasteride actually. Everybodys different. With such meds its always better to talk to the doctor, it's not candy even if it's sold otc. I have heart health checkup every couple of years myself just in case. it's good to know family history for this,.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ye that's quite a lot. But You lucky enough you are amongst people who dont have side effects. but like you say that's not something to recommend. Some experience sides effects with only low dose. it's the same for finasteride actually. Everybodys different. With such meds its always better to talk to the doctor, it's not candy even if it's sold otc. I have heart health checkup every couple of years myself just in case. it's good to know family history for this,.

Does minoxidil have any links to long term heart issues?

Also when you have your heart check up, what is it the doctor does? Listen to your chest or a proper ecg / scan?

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
10percent! Wow that's a lot of minoxidil in the body!

I take it you're trying to grow a beard too?

Yeah that is what i'm trying to do, i'm 27 and had a completely smooth face before i started applying minoxidil to it and now i have hair growing all over my face so at least it works there!
I'm thinking a decent beard could at least be a nice compensation for the slowly receding hairline!

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that is what i'm trying to do, i'm 27 and had a completely smooth face before i started applying minoxidil to it and now i have hair growing all over my face so at least it works there!
I'm thinking a decent beard could at least be a nice compensation for the slowly receding hairline!

Ever thought of using low dose oral minoxidil instead? i dont's suit a beard so i shave all the time but the few times i have been lazy i have noticed my facial hair is much thicker with oral minoxidil.

aldog

Reaction score
I have no idea, it's working. I've been doing it literally every day. The day of wounding and the morning after.

I think I'm the only person that is using ketaconzole every single day, whether it's Regenepure DR or Nizoral

I havent been tracking your progress, but did your results accelerate when you added keto shampoo?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does minoxidil have any links to long term heart issues?

Also when you have your heart check up, what is it the doctor does? Listen to your chest or a proper ecg / scan?

I went there for the first time because I had sinus tachycardia, maybe this was because of a minoxidil unusual dosage and therefore arrhythmia, but I can't really remember what happened that night. My doctor also said it could be too much caffeine : D Anyway I don't know how you say that in english but he basically look on a computer how my heart works(pumps) also he checks heartbeats while Im pedaling on a bike plus few other things. At least this exam clear my doubts up

Last edited:

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i would like to ask you a question about your regimen. have you just used finasteride before or only used for just 1 month? because i guess your hair is not shedding and you are not using finasteride. but on the other hand, hair starts shedding after 6-7 months of quitting finasteride (it is written on the prospectus of propecia). thats why maybe your hair is not shedding now because still finasteride effect is going on? i just wonder if i stop using it, will it start shedding. is your hair shedding now at the same time or shedding is completely stopped? if so microneedling doesn't make only regrowth hairs, also stops shedding right?

I used Finasteride for 1 month @ a dose of 1mg every M/W/F. My hair is shedding minimally right now, not what I consider to be anything of concern (thinning/balding levels of shedding). It isn't entirely known yet if microneedling helps to stop shedding. Since it promotes blood-flow - it could always have the initial minoxidil-type effect of inducing a shed, as we've seen here from some members. Though in the long run - it definitely seems to promote hair growth and possibly reduce shedding.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pigeon - Nope. I found this thread ~two weeks into using the prescription I built up the courage to obtain. After 1 month on fina, I decided to to try needling + minoxidil instead given the results people were seeing on here. I like the idea of that combination versus fina long term. So it could have certainly influenced my results early on, although after only 1 month at a low dose, I don't think it would be substantial.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm a longtime lurker who has rarely ever posted, I think the only reason I did was for the Brotzu discord, but I won't get into that s*** show.

I have followed this thread and the development of microneedling/dermarolling closely and I have no doubt that this has substantially assisted some people with regrowth and its awesome that these people have benefited. Due to these great results we've been seeing I decided to include this in my regimen and was hoping for similar affects, unfortunately this has not been the case. I don't want to rain on the parade, especially after another example of the benefits just being posted, but what I've experienced is the opposite of others and believe it is important to include this in the overall picture so people are aware it is possible to have negative outcomes. Here's some background:
  • Starting noticing very very slight recession/thinning around age 30
  • Age 30-31 tried the misc natural options, to no avail (obviously)
  • Age 32-33 starting experimenting with various forms of minoxidil. Never had results or regrowth, continued to lose at a very slow rate
  • Age 34 started to include finasteride. Started with Morr F for 6 months, then switched to oral. Got really weird sides with oral like vertigo and multiple inner ear infections so stopped and went back to Morr F. Again, no real results but was losing so slowly I figured I prob would be a Norwood 2-2.5 by the time I was 50+. No one ever knew I had any hairloss issues besides my wife and even she couldn't really tell unless I took hi-res pics and showed her what I was seeing. I could always style it and there was never any indication visually.
  • Age 35 (Now) stumbled across this and other threads last November. Got the Dr Pen, 12-point needles and started going at it once a week at 1.5 depth, no topicals for 24 hrs after. Up into January things were looking good, could def tell a difference in thickness/scalp health and thought I finally found something that works, man was I in for a surprise. Fast forward to February and March, I have lost an absolute S*** TON of hair. My entire hairline has been decimated, and I now have diffuse thinning all over the front of my scalp, which is where I have been focusing the rolling on.
This is all irrelevant without pics so I have included one from last August/Sept basically right before I started rolling. Which everyone can see it looks like a normal head of hair styled. I'm sure most would be like wtf are you even doing on here but I cut my own hair weekly and could def tell I was heading for a Norwood 2 at some point. My hairline used to be so low it was actually a little weird looking so for me it was apparent I was losing ground. The second one is from last night. Yes the length is much shorter but I had to cut it this short cause the density got so poor it looked terrible all thin and whispy. So after 5 months straight of keeping the same routine, and only adding in the rolling, I have gone from basically a full head of hair to the fast track to a Norwood 3+ at this rate, and in a matter of about 2 months.

I guess the point of posting this is one, to at least raise the topic of this not only being a treatment that may not work for everyone, but it is a possibility it makes things worse. And two, I'd like to hear opinions on where to go from here. Not to try and jack the thread but I'm at a loss of what to do now. I feel I got greedy and should've just left things alone and now I'm paying for it. Should I stop rolling if it honestly just looks worse each week after I roll. Or should I continue for a year and hope this was a massive shed from the treatments finally taking having an impact? I've never even experienced a shed from years of minoxidil and a good 18 months worth of top/oral finasteride use so that's confusing as well. It's a hard decision from this standpoint due to the possibility I keep accelerating loss by rolling. I know there's one or two instances of it taking almost a year to see results but I don't remember it getting much worse at 5-6months, but correct me if I'm wrong. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

View attachment 116709 View attachment 116710
Dude if your situation is the last pic you are not close to norwood iii at all, you are Norwood 1.5/2

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those using castor oil, do you use it as a treatment where you leave it in for a while then wash it out, or do you just put it in and leave it like a styling product