Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually I'd like to add to my previous post here. My density got quite a bit worse and so did parts of my hairline but there are velus hairs now around the hairline where there wasn't before I started.

Honestly I don't think microneedling alone works. But anyway my regimen going forward will probably look like minoxidil 1x day, then stamping 1.5mm once per week. (like I was doing). If I get sides again from the minoxidil use it 3-5 times a week then microneedle at 1mm a little bit AFTER applying to see if that can make up for the lessened usage. (I might do this anyway, I used a 1mm roller everyday for a week and I sorta liked it).

Not giving up till I've tried everything.
Could be that needling needs to be used with minoxidil . With my experience, min and finasteride didnt do anything for me except slow down hair loss, but i didnt maintain or grow. Now that im needling, its reversing, slowly but surely

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, there's this:

Sarah Vaugther demonstrates how derminator 2 doesn't do any micro tearing. They are offering money to anyone that can find one that performs like that.

The problem: I don't want nothing to do with their autistic staff. So, is the A6 from Amazon a good buy? i want to have a guaranteed life supply of cartridge replacements, and the derminator propietary replacements which only they sell is a single point of failure as if you ever have problems and they ban you from buying on their shop you are out of replacements.
I bought my a6 from ebay for cheaper and bought replacement tips from amazon. Had no problems so far using it since january. The proprietary stuff was the main reason I passed. That and their weird staff complaints I've read about

Last edited:

Gooner184

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 MONTH REPORT
Reporting as promised to hopefully help some of you the same way you have helped me with your reports - THANKS & keep them coming!
@layabout - requested hair pics below;

DISCLAIMER
Have started other treatments alongside needling (see below):
make your own informed conclusions!

TARGETS
- reverse balding early / while still possible;
- Regrow Thinning Temples / Hairline;
- get results ASAP by going ALL-IN w/ any sideless means;

REGIMEN
Since 2 MONTHS:
- A6 / D2 = weekly @1.5mm;
- MINOXIDIL = 2x daily 1mL @5%;
- NIZORAL = 2-3x / week @2%;

Since 1 MONTH (additional):
- Topical Liposomal FINASTERIDE = daily 1mL @ 0.5%;
- SUPPLEMENTS = Biotin, B12, Omega, D3 & K2;
- some other Topicals (aka SNAKE OIL...);

RESULTS
@MONTH 1
Shed / below baseline;

@MONTH 2
DENSITY = still slightly below baseline;
NO cosmetically relevant results (therefore B/A pics irrelevant);

NEW VELUS @ Temples:
- were slick bald before like lower-right area in pic (I know cause am scrutinizing them closely many years now);
- Velus barely visible / NOT cosmetically relevant: dedicated lighting and viewpoint necessary for pic;
- "before" shot not relevant due to above;
View attachment 115210

SKIN = Rejuvinated:
- unexpectedly early & obvious needling "side effect" (!);
- much smaller pores / less wrinkles (see Pic above & compare NON-Needled pores lower right Vs Needled ones near hairline);
- younger looking / pinkish skin tone;
- needling greatly overpowers any MINOXIDIL ageing effects;
- introduced full face needling due to results;

NEW HAIR
- probably just the shed 1st month hair regrowing;
- all the same length @ approx. 7mm:
visible on photo cause "pointing left", while the older long hair is being held to the Right:
View attachment 115212

FLAKING = disappeared after switching from PEN to DERMINATOR (!)
SIDES = noticed only when applying topicals immediately after needling - now waiting at least 4, better 6 hours;

Hey man do you mind sharing your dermaroller regime for the face? Just got derminator and wanna use it on both scalp and face. Cheers

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So looks like the derminator 2 is the best device technology wise? im still concerned about the staff. If they decided to ban you from buying on their site, is there any other place you could obtain replacements? the way I understand it is that their cartridges are only sold on their site, so it's insanity to risk it.

D2 CARTRIDGE COMPATIBILITY
This is only partially correct:
in fact, I am routinely using the generic DR.PEN A6 cartridges with the DERMINATOR-2 (D2)
(not cause I necessarily want to - but got plenty A6 needles left after switching to D2, so...).

There are some compatibility issues discussed here and here -
but none of them is a deal-breaker for me due to the heavy D2 advantages Vs A6, notably:

NEEDLING PAIN = dramatically lower (was biting towel in tears @ temples w/ A6...);
FLAKING AFTER NEEDLING = disappeared (had plenty w/ A6);

On the other hand, A6 has some advantages too (which I have updated today w/ green text) - so the final decision depends on one's individual needs.

Last edited:

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so now I'm in the third month and my hair is thinner than ever im kinda panicking right now but I'm gonna do this for a year lets see what happens

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so now I'm in the third month and my hair is thinner than ever im kinda panicking right now but I'm gonna do this for a year lets see what happens

I understand that some needlers have good results with a high needling frequency. If you are on a high one and have negative results you may want to reduce the frequency. Surely there is one that is optimal. Reducing frequency may reduce positive results but wont cause negative needling results This cant be said of ever increasing frequencies

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i didnt want to post any pictures supporting the claims from my last post until i hit the 6-7 month mark in june-july.......... but, I got alot of unexpected positive feedback without even providing pictures, so i thought i would post my results 3 months earlier.... also, I think my post can help more people if i post it now.

MY REGIMEN AND HAIRLOSS SITUATION

hairloss type : diffuse thinning, tight scalp/ not flexible

my regimen used to be only minoxidil 1 time a day for 2months but it didnt do anything or extremely little results, so i completely stopped minoxidil and never used it again.

then, after i stopped using minoxidil i shaved my head................... and I let my hair grow alone for 3 months, without doing or using anything, letting nature take it's course and this below was the result

( picture taken with the worst possible lighting without flash ). ( so this picture is 3months after i shave my head, without using anything as regimen)

upload_2019-3-17_14-48-23.png

AFTER THIS, i decided to shave my head again every week, until i got my first dermaroller 1.5mm (real needles) because of this forum.

So I started using 1.5mm dermaroller, starting with a shaved head and letting my hair grow, for 3 months

So, the only difference with the pictures below is that my regimen is :

- dermaroller 1.5mm every 2-4weeks on all my head

- scalp massages with my hands and a wooden anti cellulite brush to remove scalp tension and improve flexibility ( i do it whenever i feel like it for 1 minute to 3minutes)

- (NOT USING MINOXIDIL)

( i have different very unflattering pictures, with flash and without flash to make it look very worse)

WITH FLASH

upload_2019-3-17_15-30-29.png

WITHOUT FLASH,,,,,, BUT UNFLATTERING LIGHTING
upload_2019-3-17_15-35-16.png

What do i think so far about using dermaroller 1.5mm real needles and scalp massage for 3 months? zero shedding and slow but steady density gains, crown area is the hardest to get gains. I will keep doing this for a year.

let my quote my last posts :

my hairloss has pretty much stopped and my weak spots are thicker and my scalp is healthier, and flexible,
i dont feel scalp inflamation and tension/tightness anymore.

My crown is filling in at the slowest rate but all the front of my head and my hairline is most likely going to be completely recovered at some point. no shed, only thicker hairs and extremely small new hairs sroupting and becoming thicker and thicker from the root with time.

I recommend adding minoxidil if the person if too bald or want faster results.

SIDE BY SIDE

upload_2019-3-17_15-52-39.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUT....im considering stopping....I have some worries, well i guess they are pretty irrational, im not sure how long i can keep using this dermaroller and massage regimen, 2 years? 10 years? 20 years? Because i dont know if there are longterm risks.

-scared of skin cancer risks
-scared of flesh eating bacteria
-scared of damaging galea with massages

this actually gives me anxiety, just being real right now.

.. other than that, my hair is just getting better and better.

let me know what you guys think of everything

Last edited:

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score

We are in the same situation. minoxidil since 2014.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I bought my a6 from ebay for cheaper and bought replacement tips from amazon. Had no problems so far using it since january. The proprietary stuff was the main reason I passed. That and their weird staff complaints I've read about

But @LowHairLine says that A6 is much more painful than D2... that is a strong point to consider. Is it really that painful?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
D2 CARTRIDGE COMPATIBILITY
This is only partially correct:
in fact, I am routinely using the generic DR.PEN A6 cartridges with the DERMINATOR-2 (D2)
(not cause I necessarily want to - but got plenty A6 needles left after switching to D2, so...).

There are some compatibility issues discussed here and here -
but none of them is a deal-breaker for me due to the heavy D2 advantages Vs A6, notably:

NEEDLING PAIN = dramatically lower (was biting towel in tears @ temples w/ A6...);
FLAKING AFTER NEEDLING = disappeared (had plenty w/ A6);

On the other hand, A6 has some advantages too (which I have updated today w/ green text) - so the final decision depends on one's individual needs.

So do you have any idea on how the new A7 performs? perhaps its not as painful? the pain is scary for me, I dont want this to be a pain in the ***, because i will end up not bothering.

How is the yearly cost, assuming bi-weekly usage and not reusage of cartridges, for the A6 cartridges compared to propietary D2 cartridges? Im from France btw. I've heard it's 14€ for D2 replacements? that's a scam to be frank.

Also how are you protecting from bacteria and infections? I have the same concerns as poster above. Everyone here seems to be using alcoholic solutions to clean cartridges, betadine on the scalp and what have you. Doesn't the betadine make it sticky for the needles to properly perforate the skin?

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Todas I did my first dermarrolling session. Is It weird to not get the scalp red at all at 1.5 mm? My temples were only a bit red for 5 minutes.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on Finasteride for a year and a half (I think It has help me with the shed and it's slowing things down but for sure I have reeced a bit on it. I'm currently between Norwood 2 and 2.5. I'm hoping to thicken part of my temples with dermarrolling. I'm a Minoxidil non responder but I might consider adding it to my regime once a day maybe now. Im using cheap dermarroller I guess I'll have to buy a new dermaroller once a month right? I'll post pictures if I see any result. Thank you to everyone contribuiting to the thread .

Johnnyl33thair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone help me choose Dr. Pen (or alternative?)
I'd like to know if:
1. Dr. Pen M5 is any different from A6 or A7? Any serious advantages of one over the other?
2. Which cartridge set should be used?
3,5,7,9,12,24,36,42?
I'm assuming 12 or 24, but I'd like to confirm

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i didnt want to post any pictures supporting the claims from my last post until i hit the 6-7 month mark in june-july.......... but, I got alot of unexpected positive feedback without even providing pictures, so i thought i would post my results 3 months earlier.... also, I think my post can help more people if i post it now.

MY REGIMEN AND HAIRLOSS SITUATION

hairloss type : diffuse thinning, tight scalp/ not flexible

my regimen used to be only minoxidil 1 time a day for 2months but it didnt do anything or extremely little results, so i completely stopped minoxidil and never used it again.

then, after i stopped using minoxidil i shaved my head................... and I let my hair grow alone for 3 months, without doing or using anything, letting nature take it's course and this below was the result

( picture taken with the worst possible lighting without flash ). ( so this picture is 3months after i shave my head, without using anything as regimen)

View attachment 115244

AFTER THIS, i decided to shave my head again every week, until i got my first dermaroller 1.5mm (real needles) because of this forum.

So I started using 1.5mm dermaroller, starting with a shaved head and letting my hair grow, for 3 months

So, the only difference with the pictures below is that my regimen is :

- dermaroller 1.5mm every 2-4weeks on all my head

- scalp massages with my hands and a wooden anti cellulite brush to remove scalp tension and improve flexibility ( i do it whenever i feel like it for 1 minute to 3minutes)

- (NOT USING MINOXIDIL)

( i have different very unflattering pictures, with flash and without flash to make it look very worse)

WITH FLASH

View attachment 115246

WITHOUT FLASH,,,,,, BUT UNFLATTERING LIGHTING
View attachment 115247

What do i think so far about using dermaroller 1.5mm real needles and scalp massage for 3 months? zero shedding and slow but steady density gains, crown area is the hardest to get gains. I will keep doing this for a year.

let my quote my last posts :

SIDE BY SIDE

View attachment 115248

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUT....im considering stopping....I have some worries, well i guess they are pretty irrational, im not sure how long i can keep using this dermaroller and massage regimen, 2 years? 10 years? 20 years? Because i dont know if there are longterm risks.

-scared of skin cancer risks
-scared of flesh eating bacteria
-scared of damaging galea with massages

this actually gives me anxiety, just being real right now.

.. other than that, my hair is just getting better and better.

let me know what you guys think of everything
I want to add scalp massages to my regimen. Is there any device you’d recommend? Or just doing it manually? And how often do you do it? Thanks

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone help me choose Dr. Pen (or alternative?)
I'd like to know if:
1. Dr. Pen M5 is any different from A6 or A7? Any serious advantages of one over the other?
2. Which cartridge set should be used?
3,5,7,9,12,24,36,42?
I'm assuming 12 or 24, but I'd like to confirm

I think the a7 has smaller needles and the m5 not as powerful. I'd go with the a6 with 12 needle cartridges.

Johnnyl33thair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the a7 has smaller needles and the m5 not as powerful. I'd go with the a6 with 12 needle cartridges.
I'll be honest, I ordered A7 just because it looks cool and is same price in my country as A6 xD
But I hope it'll do well :)