Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry in advance for long post. Just wanted to update from myself - I'm about 10 days away from 3 months. This continues to be the single best thing i've done for my hair. I'm a diffuse thinner, mostly mid and front mid scalp, moderate in the hairline and slight crown. I didn't have a terrible baseline and you can't tell i'm losing unless i told you.

Results are subtle. But every week or two i notice something different. All areas continue to thicken. The hairline as well, albeit at a slightly slower pace. I definitely think there is something to the "growing back in reverse order thing". If this continues i could have a near full head of hair. (i will def be taking pics regardless at 6 months).

I think chen is a great example on why to stick with things. Results can sometimes be very slight every month, but over time they build up. Thats what i think is a huge benefit of this treatment. Compounding results over time. Even if your not responding the side effects are minimal, why not keep doing it at least once a month long term.

Other observations....

- I wound hard every other session. I go over the same area 7-8 times with my DR pen till i see blood. Its not dripping blood or anything. Its just more aggressive to switch it up. I do think this helps me personally, but as we've seen everyone is different.

- Grey hair - I tried wounding a small area on the side of my head which has some grey's (i'm nearing 40). I do this like once every 3-4 weeks. Surprisingly in that same area there is less grey. I want to try to do it over a bigger area as i have some grey popping up all over. Not that it bothers me, just testing it out.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exclusively micro needled for 4 months and my hair loss actually accelerated during this time. Whether it's down to microneedling or not, I don't know. Experimented with 2 stamps, 2 rollers and tried weekly, bi weekly and daily.

Applied minoxidil for the first time today since late November. Going to ease into it this time (while continuing microneedling) and see what happens.

If I get sides again then I think it's pretty much over for me.

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
So Chen is rolling twice a day for 5 minutes ON THE ENTIRE HEAD? Including the back and the side? Not only on the balder area (front/crown/top of the head)? That would show that the stress created on the skin is quite soft. Not only not bleeding, but also passing on the same spot probably twice of three times max. This also explain how he can handle the 14 times a week rolling routine.

Chen also said that he started doing it ONCE per day, and when he felt the body got adapted to this frequency, he started doing it twice a day.So Chen's frequency can be reached only after some time. I personally wound at 2.0mm (just started last month) once every ten days, wait the skin to be totally healed (4 days) and then roll at 1mm once per day until the next deep wounding rolling.
so, i actualy use 1.0 and 0.5 every day , twice a day and i pass more 10 times the same place, because 0.5 is very light and the 1.0 have dermaroller diferente types , so my first dermaroller in the first year i used 1.0 only. but the new i needed mix the 0.5 and 1.0 because these dermaroller are different and hurt more.
many times i use dermaroller for 10 minutos and 15 minutes i put youtube videos and go on.
and the few months ago i added massages on all my head at least once a day but it is normal i to do 3 times or more massages.
but no blood and high frequency
if you use 0.5 you will go very fast so will pass much more the 10 times in the same place.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So Chen is rolling twice a day for 5 minutes ON THE ENTIRE HEAD? Including the back and the side? Not only on the balder area (front/crown/top of the head)? That would show that the stress created on the skin is quite soft. Not only not bleeding, but also passing on the same spot probably twice of three times max. This also explain how he can handle the 14 times a week rolling routine.

Chen also said that he started doing it ONCE per day, and when he felt the body got adapted to this frequency, he started doing it twice a day.So Chen's frequency can be reached only after some time. I personally wound at 2.0mm (just started last month) once every ten days, wait the skin to be totally healed (4 days) and then roll at 1mm once per day until the next deep wounding rolling.

I guess the daily roll
so, i actualy use 1.0 and 0.5 every day , twice a day and i pass more 10 times the same place, because 0.5 is very light and the 1.0 have dermaroller diferente types , so my first dermaroller in the first year i used 1.0 only. but the new i needed mix the 0.5 and 1.0 because these dermaroller are different and hurt more.
many times i use dermaroller for 10 minutos and 15 minutes i put youtube videos and go on.
and the few months ago i added massages on all my head at least once a day but it is normal i to do 3 times or more massages.
if you use 0.5 you will go very fast so will pass much more the 10 times in the same place.

Hi Chen, am I right to assume you do the daily needling to enhance absorption of minoxidil? I believe you mentioned you do it softly in one of your past posts.

Am getting decent rollers next week. My plan is to use 0.25mm hard every second day or daily for absorption of topical and once a fortnight 1mm hard for regrowth (neogenesis).

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started microneedling last Friday after seeing this & the other thread, just finished my second session.
I use the MyM derma pen, which is pretty good, and only cost $25 on ebay.
I'm NW2-2.5, have been using minoxidil for a year.
I've lost some ground since I started min, but here's hoping that changes. Just a week after my first session some of my tiny blond temple hairs have turned black.
2.5mm weekly, lidocaine 2% prior, minoxidil immediately after.
Just did my 4th session. I see a lot of small black hairs on my hairline now and I could argue that if they were full-size I'd be NW1.
I also got a haircut today.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on your scepticism, despite the results?
Dude! No! The guy is a pain in the ***... rather than us all having to read more of his bad attitude why don’t you go through and read all his posts. Thanks! ;)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exclusively micro needled for 4 months and my hair loss actually accelerated during this time. Whether it's down to microneedling or not, I don't know. Experimented with 2 stamps, 2 rollers and tried weekly, bi weekly and daily.

Applied minoxidil for the first time today since late November. Going to ease into it this time (while continuing microneedling) and see what happens.

I haven’t really seen any cosmetic results either and I’m also around four months.

I’m about to go on holiday for three weeks. I’m going to go on minoxidil when I get home and if I get sides I’m going to try push through em.

The only other thing I’d say is that if you stop before 1 year you’ll never know whether microneeding worked for you or not.

Best of luck bro!

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you pass the dermaroller also on the side and the back of the hair (where you never lost hair)?

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my 4th session. I see a lot of small black hairs on my hairline now and I could argue that if they were full-size I'd be NW1.
I also got a haircut today.

Do you roll just in the bald area or all over your head. Similar for applying monix, all over your head or just once a day over the bald areas?

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 MONTH REPORT
Reporting as promised to hopefully help some of you the same way you have helped me with your reports - THANKS & keep them coming!
@layabout - requested hair pics below;

DISCLAIMER
Have started other treatments alongside needling (see below):
make your own informed conclusions!

TARGETS
- reverse balding early / while still possible;
- Regrow Thinning Temples / Hairline;
- get results ASAP by going ALL-IN w/ any sideless means;

REGIMEN
Since 2 MONTHS:
- A6 / D2 = weekly @1.5mm;
- MINOXIDIL = 2x daily 1mL @5%;
- NIZORAL = 2-3x / week @2%;

Since 1 MONTH (additional):
- Topical Liposomal FINASTERIDE = daily 1mL @ 0.5%;
- SUPPLEMENTS = Biotin, B12, Omega, D3 & K2;
- some other Topicals (aka SNAKE OIL...);

RESULTS
@MONTH 1
Shed / below baseline;

@MONTH 2
DENSITY = still slightly below baseline;
NO cosmetically relevant results (therefore B/A pics irrelevant);

NEW VELUS @ Temples:
- were slick bald before like lower-right area in pic (I know cause scrutinizing them closely many years now);
- Velus barely visible / NOT cosmetically relevant: dedicated lighting and viewpoint necessary for pic;
- "before" shot not relevant due to above;
New-Velus-Temples--c11s.jpg

SKIN = Rejuvinated:
- unexpectedly early & obvious needling "side effect" (!);
- Skin Pores = dramatically smaller:
compare NON-Needled pores on bottom Vs Needled ones near hairline on Pic below;
- Wrinkles = substantially reduced;
- Skin Tone = younger looking / pinkish;
- needling greatly overpowers any MINOXIDIL ageing effects;
- introduced full face needling due to these (unplanned) results;
Skin-Pores--cs.jpg

NEW HAIR
- probably just the shed 1st month hair regrowing;
- all the same length @ approx. 7mm:
visible on photo cause "pointing left", while the older long hair is being held to the Right:
New-Short-Hair--c2s.jpg

FLAKING = disappeared after switching from PEN to DERMINATOR (!)
SIDES = noticed only when applying topicals immediately after needling - now waiting at least 4, better 6 hours;

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Other than their own claims and the "premium" price point, I have seen no evidence to suggest that the Derminator is a superior product.

As far as the Chinese pens go, I think they are pretty much all the same. I prefer using a wireless one but my wired one works just fine and you can get it for about £25 or $30 now.

Well, there's this:

Sarah Vaugther demonstrates how derminator 2 doesn't do any micro tearing. They are offering money to anyone that can find one that performs like that.

The problem: I don't want nothing to do with their autistic staff. So, is the A6 from Amazon a good buy? i want to have a guaranteed life supply of cartridge replacements, and the derminator propietary replacements which only they sell is a single point of failure as if you ever have problems and they ban you from buying on their shop you are out of replacements.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha, I mean they're not going to cancel an order they've already shipped (they ship daily) I'm more concerned that if they're this sketchy I can't really trust the quality of their product. After all, it is a medical product. Though people seem to do fine with cheap 5 dollars rollers, so can't be worse than that I guess.

The problem is having problems in the future and not being able to buy cartridges. Read above.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Actually I'd like to add to my previous post here. My density got quite a bit worse and so did parts of my hairline but there are velus hairs now around the hairline where there wasn't before I started.

Honestly I don't think microneedling alone works. But anyway my regimen going forward will probably look like minoxidil 1x day, then stamping 1.5mm once per week. (like I was doing). If I get sides again from the minoxidil use it 3-5 times a week then microneedle at 1mm a little bit AFTER applying to see if that can make up for the lessened usage. (I might do this anyway, I used a 1mm roller everyday for a week and I sorta liked it).

Not giving up till I've tried everything.

Last edited: