Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the healing process is something we kind of make assumptions about, I mean chen was able to get incredible results needling literally every day so I don't think we understand 100% how all that works

At the same time, Gomi was obsessive about the minutiae of the healing process and also achieved great results. So who knows
Was Chen really wounding though? Im talking about really drawing blood and pressing very hard.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, is anyone able to offer some reassurance through their experience with shedding whinin the first few weeks? I feel like my hair is the worst it’s ever been due to this shed after starting just under 4 weeks ago. Heavily reliant on Toppik, and it’s getting to the point where that’s not even effective - did anyone else go though the same and have a turn around in the following few weeks?

1.5mm per week
Min twice a day
finasteride daily
You are probably gonna get crazy good results. I had the same thing when I started finasteride. Super sick shedding. Ten + years later Im still walking around with a lot of hair. So, the shedding is actually a great sign!

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 weeks on min/sandalore and 3 sessions (once a week) with 1.5mm roller and I'm seeing new thin but pigmented hairs especially on crown. Was on big 3 for over a year with pretty much no results so this is encouraging to see anything so early.View attachment 114952
That looks like a lot of New hair - congrats. What Kind of sandalore do you use and how you apply it? Do you mix it with min?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pigeon - Agreed. Also @ComeBackTemples - 1 month is far too early to see any results, especially hairline/temples. Take a fast responder like @74775446 in terms of his entire scalp, re-growing a head of hair in ~6 months, yet his temples have progressed very slowly over 9 months total time now. Still good progress, but that is the last to respond for him in some ways.

If I judged my results after only 1 month, my hair would have been much worse than when I started and I would have given up straight away.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, is anyone able to offer some reassurance through their experience with shedding whinin the first few weeks? I feel like my hair is the worst it’s ever been due to this shed after starting just under 4 weeks ago. Heavily reliant on Toppik, and it’s getting to the point where that’s not even effective - did anyone else go though the same and have a turn around in the following few weeks?

1.5mm per week
Min twice a day
finasteride daily

Look at my progress album. All the photos are in chronological order so you can see that my shed was pretty bad, I was much more bald after 1 - 2 months of microneedling than I was before. After the 2 month mark things improved pretty quickly.

My hair loss was worsening quickly but I still caught it early. I might be a freak responder but there are also things like catching it early that work in my favour. We're starting to see different people getting results at different times, so don't compare yourself to the best responders or it will just demotivate you.

This is why I keep going on about the importance of photos. The only person's progress you should care about is your own. Who cares if I got crazy results after 3 - 4 months? It's good for me but makes no difference to anybody else. Take lots of photos and, if you see progression in the photos after 3. 6, 9 months or however long you're willing to try this then you should be over the moon!

Last edited:

cvcsticks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at my progress album. All the photos are in chronological order so you can see that my shed was pretty bad, I was much more bald after 1 - 2 months of microneedling than I was before. After the 2 month mark things improved pretty quickly.

My hair loss was worsening quickly but I still caught it early. I might be a freak responder but there are also things like catching it early that work in my favour. We're starting to see different people getting results at different times, so don't compare yourself to the best responders or it will just demotivate you.

This is why I keep going on about the importance of photos. The only person's progress you should care about is your own. Who cares if I got crazy results after 3 - 4 months? It's good for me but makes no difference to anybody else. Take lots of photos and, if you see progression in the photos after 3. 6, 9 months or however long you're willing to try this then you should be over the moon!
Thanks - the reassurance helps! After reading so many posts i suppose I know the shed is good news...it’s just easy to panic when you hit a bit shed and think that things have gotten worse and might not get better! Taking lots of pics though so hopefully will be sharing some results over the next few months

saulgoodmann

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, just registered here but have been following this thread from the start - have read through 95% of the pages and it's encouraging to see some of the results you guys are getting!

I have a question about Minoxidil - I'm currently using it twice per day (for the past 2 weeks) and my pen is arriving in the mail tomorrow. If I'm just using the minoxidil for the hairline/temples, does any need to go actually into the hairline, or just purely on the bald hairline/temples?

My hair currently looks about like this, everything else is completely thick all over. This is not me - please forgive me if we're not allowed to use example pics. Just using it as an example in reference to where to place the minoxidil for someone like me.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 9.51.34 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 9.51.34 pm.png
    288.2 KB · Views: 497

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks - the reassurance helps! After reading so many posts i suppose I know the shed is good news...it’s just easy to panic when you hit a bit shed and think that things have gotten worse and might not get better! Taking lots of pics though so hopefully will be sharing some results over the next few months

I know a shed is the opposite of what you want but so many people have experienced it that I think it's a good sign. Keep us updated!

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, just registered here but have been following this thread from the start - have read through 95% of the pages and it's encouraging to see some of the results you guys are getting!

I have a question about Minoxidil - I'm currently using it twice per day (for the past 2 weeks) and my pen is arriving in the mail tomorrow. If I'm just using the minoxidil for the hairline/temples, does any need to go actually into the hairline, or just purely on the bald hairline/temples?

My hair currently looks about like this, everything else is completely thick all over. This is not me - please forgive me if we're not allowed to use example pics. Just using it as an example in reference to where to place the minoxidil for someone like me.

Cheers

I apply it all over my scalp. No idea how evenly I manage to do it but I do try to do it evenly over the entire top of my head.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply it all over my scalp. No idea how evenly I manage to do it but I do try to do it evenly over the entire top of my head.
It makes sense in your case as diffuse thinner. However, this guy like me has just a receding hairline. I will focus on this area only with min and apply just once a day for beginning. I will be needling with 1.5 mm all over my head though once a week

Godd luck!

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks like a lot of New hair - congrats. What Kind of sandalore do you use and how you apply it? Do you mix it with min?

Thanks...I'm using the stuff from amazon mixed directly into minoxidil. My first bottle was 5 drops to the 60ml but went to 3 drops on my second bottle. Twice daily unless directly after rolling...then I use straight min.

hellyeahCB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do y'all shower after dermarolling? I use betadine all over my scalp and on the needles themselves. It leaves a brown/red stain on my skin and dries up my hair a lot. I feel like I want to wash my head after?

Unspecified

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker here..
I needle little over month, hair feels healthier and I got some coverage over thinning spots (diffuse thinning) less oily hair and dandruff.I needle every 4-5 days (1.5mm) with erythema and few blood spots sometimes. I know you're gonna say that's too much, but after 2 days my scalp recovers and when I examine it there is nothing (not even pain under pressure from my fingers). There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that people who got overexcited and needled more frequently got better results. Do you thing that maybe constantly restarting healing process can yield better results?

Last edited:

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say it takes me 3 days to recover.. what i've noticed 3-4 days after needling my scalp becomes really itchy.. anybody else get this?

Johnnyl33thair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I'm 24, heavy hair loss, currently on Alopexy Minoxidil + Finasteride for 1 month... I'm thinking of adding microneedling to it as well... Do you think that I should stop using finasteride? I don't think I experience any side effects.
Also, could you please recommend me a dermapen or dermaroller? I'm mainly looking for something that can be done quickly and without hassle.
Also, what length of the needles should I be using?
Thank you! You bring me hope xd

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
I've started needling .25mm every 2 days. This is mainly to tackle the itch I get which dermarolling seems to relieve for a good few hours. Problem I'm having is that the scalp is sore all the time and I'm getting blood spots even at this depth. It might be because I'm using the derminator and it's just a little too powerful for a light needle session. Thinking i'll buy a dermaroller and roll quite lightly.

Congrats those who are getting results. Gives us all hope.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker here..
I needle little over month, hair feels healthier and I got some coverage over thinning spots (diffuse thinning) less oily hair and dandruff.I needle every 4-5 days (1.5mm) with erythema and few blood spots sometimes. I know you're gonna say that's too much, but after 2 days my scalp recovers and when I examine it there is nothing (not even pain under pressure from my fingers). There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that people who got overexcited and needled more frequently got better results. Do you thing that maybe constantly restarting healing process can yield better results?
Are you on min? Or just needling alone?

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now I’m certain about my crown is back to being as hard as a rock.

I derminated my scalp last Friday NZT. My scalp / crown felt noticeably softer for a few days after needling.

Today is Wednesday NZT and it’s really hard. Booooo!

One other person has reported back experiencing the same thing. Anybody else get this?

@Francky85 im going to try needling daily at 1.00mm like @chen almost as a form of massage.

My theory is that at that depth it won’t interfere with cell healing. Rather I’m just breaking down calcification.

What do you think?

Try it bro....we are all experimenting on here.....nobody knows the ideal method yet and everyone is different....let us know how you get on.