Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Focused

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still think the Derminator is rhe best microneedling device. Fight me. Also you won’t get blscklisted unless you act like s total moron.

Never said it wasn't a good product, nor that most people get their device without issue.
However, there are several reviews of people online getting harassed for simply asking for a refund or merely asking about the status of their order.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 nearly 5 months in and im still progressing.....still no shed of any kind and barely get 1 or 2 hairs when washing my hair.....regrowth is still happening, but slightly slower than it did at the beginning.

Strangely where regrowth is happening the most, my scalp is getting very sensitive to the needling....it hurts a lot more than it did in those areas....with the still thinner areas still feeling far less painful.

Still taking pics for updates and will post them when im ready to do so....after the 6 month mark sometime.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im slowly regrowing all my hair and its been only 3months of microneedling every 2-4 weeks.

microneedling+scalp massages without anything else is working for me because i catched my hairloss early,

My crown is filling in at the slowest rate but all the front of my head and my hairline is most likely going to be completely recovered at some point. no shed, only thicker hairs and extremely small new hairs sroupting and becoming thicker and thicker from the root with time.

I'm getting gains and density in the reverse pattern i lost my hair, ( I lost my crown first )

. ( early diffuse thinner / 1 year of hairloss, father and brother completely bald ) . I will post all my pictures in july for the 6 month timeline.

I recommend adding minoxidil if the person if too bald or want faster results.
Excellent, when you see results with microneedling alone. You said every two to four weeks. Could you please share which needle depth you were using? I am just needling once a week for a month so far and not seeing any results. Might start using min in the temples alone as well

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks overpourgoodfortune, of course it wont happen over night, not even with a hair transplant.

I considering to support growth with applying minoxidil once a day only in the temple area. As the area is not huge 0.5 ml should be as much as I need per day.

Lets assume we are successful and it works, what will we do in 2 to 3 years when in most cases min is not working anymore? Hoping that CB is ready by then? It would be a shame if all the effort is just temporary :)

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im slowly regrowing all my hair and its been only 3months of microneedling every 2-4 weeks.

microneedling+scalp massages without anything else is working for me because i catched my hairloss early,

My crown is filling in at the slowest rate but all the front of my head and my hairline is most likely going to be completely recovered at some point. no shed, only thicker hairs and extremely small new hairs sroupting and becoming thicker and thicker from the root with time.

I'm getting gains and density in the reverse pattern i lost my hair, ( I lost my crown first )

. ( early diffuse thinner / 1 year of hairloss, father and brother completely bald ) . I will post all my pictures in july for the 6 month timeline.

I recommend adding minoxidil if the person if too bald or want faster results.
Are you 100% sure about this? I mean, do you have pictures that clearly show this? I am not questioning you, but I know myself it is hard to gauge whether the hairs you are focusing on are new growth or recently miniaturised hairs

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm starting to believe needling every week is overkill for some. Healing process can take up longer from person to person.

I tried changing it to every 2 weeks from every 1 week and for me, progress seemed to slow right down after a months or so.....went back to every 1 week.

Even at 2mm my scalp is fully healed within a week.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
People talk about recovery. I feel like I'm fully recovered within 48 hours. By that same logic I could try to needle every other day? Or maybe try twice a week? I'm also contemplating stopping the minoxidil 24 hour break after a needle session. So, needling twice a week and then keep using minoxidil non-stop.

BTW I have been doing this for over 2 months. Cant say much really, except that I feel better about my hair than when I first started needling. I MAY have some modest regrowth at my...what do you call it...those temple points?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ryan r - My scalp is usually no longer tender after 2-3 days. Though Day 4'ish the skin starts to peel and flake away. In that sense - despite my scalp feeling "okay" ... until I rid my scalp of the layer of dead skin now on it, I avoid needling. It takes awhile for that to all come up and brush it away. Usually between Day 7-10 somewhere I notice it get better.

But then - some people don't peel here at all?!

In terms of frequency - it is a bit of a guessing game. The studies went between 1 week and 2 weeks ... numberman replicated that by doing a week in between 2mm sessions. We know results can happen within that type of frequency. Is it best for everyone? It's all trial and error at this point in time.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
0.5mg dutasteride daily
10mg oral minoxidil at night
5% topical minoxidil at night with light dermarolling
Needling every 7 days at 2.5mm
various supplements

I just added the topical minoxidil last month or thereabouts hoping it would give a boost of regrowth on my crown. The oral minoxidil seems to have helped diffuse thinning on the top of my head a little but done nothing for my crown.
Have you noticed any side effects from oral minoxidil? How long have you been using it?

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People talk about recovery. I feel like I'm fully recovered within 48 hours. By that same logic I could try to needle every other day? Or maybe try twice a week? I'm also contemplating stopping the minoxidil 24 hour break after a needle session. So, needling twice a week and then keep using minoxidil non-stop.

BTW I have been doing this for over 2 months. Cant say much really, except that I feel better about my hair than when I first started needling. I MAY have some modest regrowth at my...what do you call it...those temple points?

I read in a study that the damaged cells still haven't fully recovered 5 days after wounding.....so you may feel that you head it healed, but on a cellular level they wont be and you are not allowing the healing process to do its thing.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the healing process is something we kind of make assumptions about, I mean chen was able to get incredible results needling literally every day so I don't think we understand 100% how all that works

At the same time, Gomi was obsessive about the minutiae of the healing process and also achieved great results. So who knows

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the healing process is something we kind of make assumptions about, I mean chen was able to get incredible results needling literally every day so I don't think we understand 100% how all that works

At the same time, Gomi was obsessive about the minutiae of the healing process and also achieved great results. So who knows

Very true.....just angiogenesis comes slightly later in the healing process and I think its important....but again assumptions on my part.

jccj

My Regimen
Reaction score
7 weeks on min/sandalore and 3 sessions (once a week) with 1.5mm roller and I'm seeing new thin but pigmented hairs especially on crown. Was on big 3 for over a year with pretty much no results so this is encouraging to see anything so early.
20190312_212001.jpg

cvcsticks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, is anyone able to offer some reassurance through their experience with shedding whinin the first few weeks? I feel like my hair is the worst it’s ever been due to this shed after starting just under 4 weeks ago. Heavily reliant on Toppik, and it’s getting to the point where that’s not even effective - did anyone else go though the same and have a turn around in the following few weeks?

1.5mm per week
Min twice a day
finasteride daily

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now I’m certain about my crown is back to being as hard as a rock.

I derminated my scalp last Friday NZT. My scalp / crown felt noticeably softer for a few days after needling.

Today is Wednesday NZT and it’s really hard. Booooo!

One other person has reported back experiencing the same thing. Anybody else get this?

@Francky85 im going to try needling daily at 1.00mm like @chen almost as a form of massage.

My theory is that at that depth it won’t interfere with cell healing. Rather I’m just breaking down calcification.

What do you think?